Guest viewing is limited

TKR Mister's 2nd knee

I agree that you need to pass on PT. You won't develop adhesions this early and your knee and body need to heal. You need to sleep as much as you can! Sleep is healing.
 
Doing PT doesn't prevent adhesions. They aren't just sitting there, waiting to pounce if you don't exercise. In reality, they are very rare.
 
Hi, Mister, congrats on getting that second knee done. I've just had my first done and am mulling over how quickly I want to do that second one.

In regard to blood pressure, I do have high BP and was told that the anesthesia could lower the pressure temporarily. I was advised upon discharge from the hospital to purchase a pressure cuff from a pharmacy and take my pressure at least 7 days postop before taking my blood pressure medications to make sure it wasn't too low already.
 
Glad to hear you are on the recovery side. Take care of yourself and trust you instincts. You know what to do. :wave:
 
@janbgobh If the dizziness continues any longer I will buy one. Thanks for information.
As far as getting your other knee done, I'm not sure now. Initially, I wanted to get them done 6wks apart, but then I had to have an mua. Now at almost 7mo apart, my old knee and new knee are playing well with each other. So, I'm not sure the best way to go now. I guess it's really an individual thing.
 
Well, had pt yesterday. It was not bad at all, very gentle. Basically just little stretches and movement.
Did really well, a lot better than I did on the other knee at this point, so very encouraged.
Took a three hr nap when I got home. Also still having major energy drain. Nausea and head spinning are so much better though.
Quads act like they are wanting to kick in, but want a little more time.
 
good update mister. take advantage of that energy drain and sleep it off when you can. you're on your way to a good recovery.:flwrysmile:
 
Yippee for a good PT visit! Sleep whenever and wherever you can. Sleep is healing!
 
Glad PT is working for you and not against you. Gentle is the way to go. Also, a BP cuff is a good thing to have around the house. Just saying. Never know when you might want one.

Your energy drain is going to be around for a bit yet. You have this new surgery, which is full strength healing right now, and you're still healing from your MUA. So double drain.
 
@SusieShoes i had energy drain on the first knee, but never like this.
It must be like @Celle said, it's because Ive basically had three knee surgeries this yr and I also had general anesthesia this time with the block.

Believe me, I am getting in some nap time! I'm sleeping all night in addition to all the naps. Always had problems sleeping at night on the others, so definitely taking advantage of it since
I know it could change at anytime :sleeep:
 
Am starting to have spasms during the night and here I said I was sleeping so well at night, guess I jinxed myself :bignono:
Oh well, it will work out.
Pt Wednesday went well, still gentle and improved. Monday rom was 60/-12, Wednesday 70/-8, I think that's great! Especially since I on my other knee he did mua at 12wks and it had been stuck at 78 for a month.:happydance:
Pretty encouraged.
 
that's great, gaining 10 degrees in 2 gentle physio sessions. sorry about those spasms during the night, maybe a side effect of physio, just going out in the car? i get pain and stiffness just on the way to physio and on the way back in the car. hope tonight is better for sleeping.
 
@Mister, those spasms would wake the dead; aargggh! I've had a few, but thankfully, very few. Wow, your ROM is improving so much each day; whoohoo! :egypdance:
 
@liam2015 i do think the car ride is the reason. It seems hard to get in and out of the car.
@Pheebs52 i really am encouraged by my increase in rom too!

I started trying to sleep in bed tonight, I slept a heavenly 2hrs. Love sleeping on my side and didn't think I could do it so soon. But, those darn spasms woke me up! I guess sleeping in a different position could have done it also. So, back to the recliner, I'll try the bed again tonight.

This is too funny, pt guy asked if we had any plans after pt (like I would want to go somewhere) and my husband told him that if I did good, he was going to take me to get fresh ice for the machine, so he said now that I did good, we had a date :rotfl:
 
Mister, that is too funny! I think laughter is an important part of the healing process. Your hubby sounds like a funny guy.

I got a care package from the office a couple of days ago that contained a fuzzy little beany baby kitty, large bag of crunchy cheetos and many, many peanut butter cups. I was laughing so hard when I opened the package I was literally in tears.
 
Hahaha, @Mister, now that's what I call a *cool* date!:heehee:

I couldn't successfully sleep in bed until week 3. I certainly tried, but to no avail. The recliner was definitely my best option until then, but everyone is different. I stubbornly tried the bed until I became tired of 2 hour sleeping only. The old recliner gave me 4-5 hours of unbroken sleep; no contest, eh?
 
Yea, my husbands a funny guy. On last knee, I was going to pt for a long time because I had an mua. When I was finally able to drive myself, all anybody ever did was ask where he was! Like I was chopped liver :snork:
 
@Pheebs52 im not sure what I'm going to do about sleeping. It felt so good to sleep in the bed, but I do sleep a lot longer in the recliner. And it's a pain to get everything set up again from the bed to recliner.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom