Knee Infection* Tattoos

Good luck, Matt. Wow. It sounds like you're in capable hands, but sorry to hear you have to go through this. Hope it all gets resolved by the procedure.
 
Yeah, me too! I edited my sig block to reflect my surgical history. Only included orthopedic ones. I guess you could say I am hard on my body!
 
Matt, I am praying for a successful outcome for you. You have been through enough! Please let us know how you are and what the OS says as soon as you can.
 
Matt - I am sorry to hear this happened. I hope that the surgery goes well tomorrow. I will be keeping you in my thoughts!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Praying for you Matt, keep us posted, glad they are able to take care of you now.


R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16
 
Hi Matt! I just read your thread...you are an awesome Dad! I hope the clean out goes well. I had similar issues...should of had stock with the gauze company :) They will get a good look on what is going on in there and probably some path reports done to make sure there is no infection. If they think there is infection get an ID asap...don't let them mess around. Hope to hear a good outcome.
 
Just an FYI, ID = infectious disease dr. I agree with Peg, IDs study the tissue and blood in order to diagnose the possible infection. They know the bugs that are sensitive to particular antibiotics. I'm sure you're fine, but just in case.
 
Thanks Peg and Karri! I am pretty familiar with the bugs myself! I could probably tell the ortho doc what type of antibiotics to use.

I had the opportunity, doing a good portion of my BS in microbiology, to do a ton of research in both infectious disease and how the body reacts. Taught me some great lessons about some truly scary stuff!

I will update all tomorrow!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
MyAussie,

Stepping down and having my knee explode open was a blessing in disguise. I think without it, we would of all just operated normally (no pun intended).

The fact that my knee gave a bit and I had blood, guts, and BBQ sauce all over showed there was a significant problem!

I am sure all will be well as of tomorrow afternoon.

How has the other stuff been going? You've been in thoughts and prayers.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sending good healing vibes your way.
Really scary what happened to you.
Admirable that you could keep your composure and even more so to being so patient with getting appointments etcetc. (I may have just called ambulance. )
 
The ID would also order blood work to watch how your body is reacting to a possible infection as well as how the antibiotics are working, which can take a toll on your body. After 6 weeks of two antibiotics (IV and oral) my body stopped producing white cells, so I was quite susceptible to infection. I still see my ID yearly for check ups and lab work. But I hope you won't need any of this.
 
Really sorry you have to go through this. Wishing you a safe, uneventful surgery and recovery!
 
Good luck today!! You have a great attitude with will serve you well :)
 
Back at home and resting. Ice, ice, ice.

The sutures closing the joint capsule ruptured. This allowed a direct line to the joint. They sealed it up and took some deep tissue cultures. My knee is immobilized in a fancy brace.

I follow up Monday to find the results of the cultures. I hope all is well and the keflex I am currently on will be enough!

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad the surgery is over, Matt, and that they took cultures. Some culture results can take as long as 2 weeks for the full report, if that type of culture was requested.

I, too, hope that the Keflex is deemed to be sufficient.

Like KarriB, is also think that it would be advisable to have an Infectious Disease doctor involved in your continuing care. She has been through this ahead of you and she also had her knee immobilised in a brace.

For now, rest, ice, elevate, and medicate on schedule.
I hope this proves to be the end of your knee problem and you heal well, without too much discomfort.
Best wishes. :flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom