Guest viewing is limited

2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@janbgobh, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@VonnieN Good luck on your May 1 surgery. I’m a teacher, so I wanted to have BTKR so I will have plenty of time to heal before I need to think about school again in mid-August.
It’s good to have other May surgery buddies.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!



[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 2018 NWgirl, VonnieN (her first)
02 May 2018 mills_pc, nuttybrunette
04 May 2018 Oomworthy
11 May 2018 janbgobh (her second)
15 May2018 Cynrob (her second), Bowlegbty
16 May 2018 Chemist (his second)
18 May 2018 Purplek8
21 May 2018 Dzina (her second)
29 May 2018 VonnieN (her second)
30 May 2018 crhdeh
31 May 2018 LanaKay (her second), tommyg
 
@VonnieN Good luck on your May 1 surgery. I’m a teacher, so I wanted to have BTKR so I will have plenty of time to heal before I need to think about school again in mid-August.
It’s good to have other May surgery buddies.
:friends: I teach too! Are you still working now? I'm off-disability. But missing it greatly! We'll be good to go for the new year.
 
Hello again Bonesmarties! Left knee was done in 2017 and it’s on to the right. Bonesmart was my lifeline on the first go round and I expect the same for the second.
:friends:
good Luck to you what would you do differently from the last time?

Thanks Vonnie. I honestly am not planning on doing anything different. I was fairly lucky to have a smooth recovery. I’m hoping this time around will be the same. This forum really helped to reassure me that what I was going through was not unique and was able to find some excellent advice.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Bowlegbty, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I'm getting my 1st TKR on left leg . May 31st. I wish it was sooner.
Glad I found this site. Lots of information to absorb.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@tommyg, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Very much so, @nuttybrunette. I thought I was fourth up, but it turns out I'm fifth on the fourth. The race is on between @NWgirl and @VonnieN for first place honours.

Place your bets!

I've 'followed' everybody on the list to make sure I can keep up with their progress.
 
I started following everyone, too. I may need to update that, as our group has grown. Looking forward to hearing all of your stories.
Went to hospital for a “class”. Went over what to expect kind of stuff. Was pretty good. PT came in and informed us we’d be getting out of bed, walking to a big PT room, doing group PT with the other replacement folks. And doing this 2 times day after surgery. Wonder if I can protest?!
 
I’m Having a RTKR May 21st. It will be Déjà vu as I had a LTKR May 22, 2017. Attended the joint replacement class this week and had my pre op blood work done. Have my reservation in for rehab and have my pre-op OS appointment in 2 weeks. Only concerns center around getting one of the private rooms at the Joint Replacement Center as I was lucky enough to get last year. Won’t be happy if I’m having to recover in a semi private.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Dzina, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have rejoined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I’m Having a RTKR May 21st. It will be Déjà vu as I had a LTKR May 22, 2017. Attended the joint replacement class this week and had my pre op blood work done. Have my reservation in for rehab and have my pre-op OS appointment in 2 weeks. Only concerns center around getting one of the private rooms at the Joint Replacement Center as I was lucky enough to get last year. Won’t be happy if I’m having to recover in a semi private.
Good luck to you. we have been all told thst we have a private room. I think infection is reduced this way. I heard saying only one bum on a toilet seat is the best for this apparently you won't find big wards in New hospitals apparently
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom