TKR Left knee done and it’s on to the right!

@janbgobh, I actually love my job but it's really become stressful the last couple of years. Technology has changed so much over the last few years and the job changed but not how we were doing it. The nice thing is they are revamping a lot while I am out. I was doing all the account management with all the meetings and then having to teach as well. The plan is to be more of an account manager but not having to teach on top of it. That would actually lessen my travel which would be great! What do you do? Not sure I will make it to 70 doing what I do....
 
@becticu, I'm surprised I made it to this point! I work for cardiothoracic surgery in one of the major medical centers in NYC in the billing office. I'm a certified coder. I've worked for them for 33 years :flabber: When I first started I was a girl friday to one of surgeons and then eventually went over to the billing office. And I have seen some amazing changes happen in that time. It's really fascinating. Meanwhile though, I am absolutely clueless when it comes to orthopedic surgery. I think that the bonesmarties have saved my sanity, or what little was left of it when I started out on TKR journey!
:roseshwr:
 
Yesterday was my first post op visit & the surgeon was very pleased. Gave me a script for outpatient physical therapy. Reminded me that, although I had an easy post op course, knee replacement surgery is a big, big surgery. No subway rides for 2 months unless I'm guaranteed a seat. I just laughed & laughed at that! Put that I will be out of work for 3 months on the disability form but gave an ok to work from home. Boss is not going to like that! Swelling has gone down a lot. Feels I will have excellent range of motion when swelling goes down totally.For this knee he just wants to see me yearly. (Yay)

For the other knee, if I want it done this year he suggested September thru November but said I would know when the time is right. I'm such a good customer, when I'm ready I should set up the surgery and they'd work all the other appointments around it. Jeez not an honor I would have chosen! So that's my story.

I really am grateful for all here. I think my surgeon is great but I know that my easy recovery was in part due to the advice given here. Thank you!
 
What a great report janbgobh. Glad that your OS recognizes that the recovery is a long one and that he is pleased with your recovery thus far. Hope you continue to recover well -- and I expect you will know when the time is right for your next one. Cheers to you :cheers: - now go get some ice cream!
 
Well, I won't lie, the 2.5 months between TKR plan is a tough road. I was really just starting to feel great between 8-10w and bam...start it over. But I planned it this way to have one long leave of absence from work instead of two, bc it would be a disruption to my clients. I'll be happy I did this In another couple weeks when I'm moving around easier, driving and looking at just recovery and no more surgery (fingers crossed). But it's nice to get both done in a year, after hitting my out of pocket max, I bought one knee, got one free.
 
What great news! You've had a model recovery and can still rest up and recover some more before going back to work. Though if you get your other knee done in the fall, how will that factor into the work situation? That's a difficult decision to make.
 
Your OS sounds very sensible and obliging. I like that he knows that swelling affects ROM and basically told you to keep on doing only things that will be good for your knee.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom