No they did not. Not sure why. In fact, they didn't even stop the bleeding completely. They stated they didn't want to introduce sutures to the site. I had to request antibiotics. I mean, it would stand to reason that if that much blood has gotten out, some bacteria would have made it in.
Keep on calling your OS, Matt. He needs to know what has happened asap. If he's at his rooms, phone and say you are coming in. He does need to see your leg.
Of course, 4 July will complicate things!
I have an appointment on Thursday. They know what's going on. What killed me last night was the NP being more concerned with the fact that my knee gave out a bit rather than the fact that I am still bleeding and I have an open wound into a recently replaced knee!
Read through some stuff last night, I didn't realize that a wound. Hating open like that was such a big medical emergency. I figured it was bad because of blood loss, but there is a ton of other problems with it too!
I left a message with his answering service. They moved my appointment up to Thursday. I had to change the dressing twice last night since it bled through. Thank goodness for my stockpile of my Army medical supplies, I have enough gauze to make a 90 foot tall mummy!
So glad to hear you're seeing the doctor soon. Tomorrow would not be soon enough for me! I can't believe your ER didn't call your OS. Or get an orthopedic doctor to look at your knee.
My OS is on vacation. The PA will be in tomorrow. I went in for a dressing change today. His assistant changed my dressing and said that this isn't good. Not really bleeding, but soaking gauze through with synovial fluid. I have to go back tomorrow. They are probably going to have to cut it open a bit again and suture from the inside
Quick update while I am in the surgeons office. Another surgeon in the practice took a peek. I am having a quick (1hr?) surgery to reopen, debride, and reclose the wound most likely this afternoon.
I told my wife that I didn't want to have my replacement be my 13th surgery. Bad luck.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.