Knee Infection* Tattoos

Is your OS on call today? You might want to place a call to his service so they can let him know what's going on

Once the sun comes up I will be making that call. Wouldn't do any good until then anyway. I have a ton of gauze here so I cal keep up with changes.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Definitely stay off it and don't bend the knee. Did the ER call your OS when you were in there?

No they did not. Not sure why. In fact, they didn't even stop the bleeding completely. They stated they didn't want to introduce sutures to the site. I had to request antibiotics. I mean, it would stand to reason that if that much blood has gotten out, some bacteria would have made it in.

Gonna call OS in a couple hours.

I'd definitely call your OS this morning. Maybe he's on call and could see you, never know.

Keep on calling your OS, Matt. He needs to know what has happened asap. If he's at his rooms, phone and say you are coming in. He does need to see your leg.
Of course, 4 July will complicate things!

I have an appointment on Thursday. They know what's going on. What killed me last night was the NP being more concerned with the fact that my knee gave out a bit rather than the fact that I am still bleeding and I have an open wound into a recently replaced knee!

Read through some stuff last night, I didn't realize that a wound. Hating open like that was such a big medical emergency. I figured it was bad because of blood loss, but there is a ton of other problems with it too!

I left a message with his answering service. They moved my appointment up to Thursday. I had to change the dressing twice last night since it bled through. Thank goodness for my stockpile of my Army medical supplies, I have enough gauze to make a 90 foot tall mummy!

So glad to hear you're seeing the doctor soon. Tomorrow would not be soon enough for me! I can't believe your ER didn't call your OS. Or get an orthopedic doctor to look at your knee.

Don't really have a choice but to be so calm. Getting agitated or stressed is only going to make it worse.

I just changed my bandage and now it looks a lot like blood tinged synovial fluid. That is really concerning. I'll call the doc tomorrow.

Hopefully they can make time for you Wednesday.

Oh boy, praying for you Matt, hope the OS sees you soon. Love your composure.

R Partial Knee Replacement 11/28/16

My OS is on vacation. The PA will be in tomorrow. I went in for a dressing change today. His assistant changed my dressing and said that this isn't good. Not really bleeding, but soaking gauze through with synovial fluid. I have to go back tomorrow. They are probably going to have to cut it open a bit again and suture from the inside

Will another OS in the group see you since yours is away?

Quick update while I am in the surgeons office. Another surgeon in the practice took a peek. I am having a quick (1hr?) surgery to reopen, debride, and reclose the wound most likely this afternoon.

I told my wife that I didn't want to have my replacement be my 13th surgery. Bad luck.

Honestly, I am a bit scared about this.

I'm glad an orthopedic surgeon finally saw your knee, Matt. When are you having it re-sutured?
Please let us know how you get on, won't you?

Hi Celle,

Having it done tomorrow at noon. I'll be knocked out again (this gets added to sig block). Should be home by 3

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023
  • Pumpkin