2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@LKCMO, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@aboobarley, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
I’m having a Mako PKR on the 25th and doing pre-op tomorrow, wish me luck...
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!



[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 2018 NWgirl, VonnieN (her first), Coalminer, kember708 (revision)
02 May 2018 mills_pc, nuttybrunette
04 May 2018 Oomworthy, pacosmom (partial)
07 May 2018 laurs
08 May 2018 MrsMc, Txmomgmom3
11 May 2018 janbgobh (her second)
14 May 2018 hedgehog (partial)
15 May2018 Cynrob (her second), Bowlegbty
16 May 2018 Chemist (his second)
18 May 2018 Purplek8
21 May 2018 Dzina (her second)
23 May 2018 Marty'sMom
25 May 2018 Doupie (partial)
29 May 2018 VonnieN (her second), Missy87 (her second)
30 May 2018 crhdeh
31 May 2018 LanaKay (her second), tommyg
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Doupie, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi! Was supposed to have my LTKR yesterday, but had an allergic reaction to Vancomycin which was in my IV. Went down to waiting area outside theatre and after half an hour was told I was postponed until I could be evaluated by a tropical disease doctor to see what antibiotic I should have. My surgeon only uses 2 and this one was used because of allergy to penicillin. I have a few other drug allergies. Am hoping for 2 weeks, but may end up in June! Deflating and disappointing.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@TinAB, sorry to hear about your delay. Please post when you have a new date, and we'll get you back on a surgery list.
 
@TinAB I am so sorry to hear of your postponement. Three days before my surgery I had a phone call from my surgeon to tell me that my clearances were not all in and my surgery might be postponed. After working so hard to get prepared it was an awful feeling. I’m so sorry it happened to you. Oh and you know I harassed those stragglers until everything was complete.
 
@janbgobh Yes, I already was postponed 2 weeks due an emergency having to be fitted in. 3 days prior sucks :bignono:
Well, I now have an appt with other doctor for 23rd and am crossing my fingers for 30th. My surgeon only does these on Wednesdays. Hope it all works out. Someone else will have to be bumped unfortunately. On a happier note I was just told I can go ahead and have my cortisone shot in the other knee as scheduled next Tuesday :dancy:
 
Well now my surgery has been moved to June 13th. no one told me he does them biweekly. had a meltdown this morning because my goals are gone. Summer plans scrapped. Oh well. Surgery will now be 6 weeks later than my original date. I'm trying to regain my zen.
 
Sorry to hear you have another delay. Must be so frustrating:banghead: because besides getting prepared physically for the surgery I think we all also get mentally prepared and now you have to start the process all over again. So get your zen back and remember that saying that is something like we plan and god laughs:loll:keep us may marvals posted.
 
Missy87 - Right knee May 29, 2018 (her second)
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@missy87, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now officially a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi all just wondered how some were fairing....not everyone who has moeved across to the post op page.

Cheers
 
Hi, I just discovered this forum and I'm so happy to find you all!! I had my right knee replaced on May 14. It's been a tough week and a half, but I'm hanging in there.
 
I could not find a thread for people who are post op from May 2018 surgeries so thought I would try posting here. I am 49 and had right total knee replacement on May 15th. I started outpatient PT on May 18th. I just had my 4th session. I have 92 degree knee flexion and have no problem with getting leg perfectly straight. I am having lots of pain and huge muscle cramps and spasms in thigh. Swelling and stiffness are big issues and I just can't seem to get comfortable most of the time.

Right TKR 5-15-18.
 
Last edited:
@femmedoc,
This thread is just a list of people having surgery in May, so that you can see who they are and follow each others' progress in individual recovery threads.
Once May has ended, a Knee Replacement Recovery thread for May will be made, in the Knee Replacement Recovery Area, and your names will be carried forward into it.
However, each individual needs to have her/his own recovery thread there, so we can advise and support you individually.

I have copied your post into the Knee Replacement Recovery Area, here
https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/knee-replacement-recovery-area.9/
and started a recovery thread for you.

This is the link to your recovery thread:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/femmedocs-tkr-recovery-thread.47570/
 
I am having my right knee replaced on May 30th and my left knee replaced on June 25th.
My OS is Dr. Andrew Wickline in Utica NY via the SwiftPath protocol. I think I found a Gem here. He is the leader in the area for MIS with most of his patients going home the same day as surgery.
I am apprehensive yet can hardly wait.
 
Hello - new here. Had PKR left knee on May 4th. Really loving all the things I've read here so far, and am looking forward to reading more!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom