Recent content by hiphoser

  1. hiphoser

    THR I’m worried about every new ache!<

    Thanks @Bone-obo and @SurreyGirl Yes, I do have some rooms where I have a counter or table nearby if the need arises. I was also thinking of having my Amazon Echo set a timer for five minutes several times a day, and increase by two minutes every few days.
  2. hiphoser

    THR I’m worried about every new ache!<

    Thanks for checking in @Layla and @Alitm. I have been a very obedient patient, and faithfully stuck with either the walker inside, or crutches outside, plus four times a day. Volatren gel on my incision. I think there is improvement, in that I can walk comfortably with aides, and my scar...
  3. hiphoser

    THR Celebrating one at a time, encore!

    Hi @Alitm ! We visited Victoria, Butchart Gardens, including several lovely boat tours. Loved our stay there. I am also the shorty of the family at 5’6”. My hubby is tall, too, as is our daughter. My tall son has fun teasing his grandmother (my mom) who is only 5’2”. Hope you are also having a...
  4. hiphoser

    THR New left hip 20 October<

    I wish your Scottish friend would inform my hip that it’s supposed to be giving me a warning! My hip did not get that memo, and so I wandered around merrily several Sundays ago, and ooopps. Got the warning in the form a painful walking the next day. A wee bit too late, eh? So here I sit in...
  5. hiphoser

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    My neice (who is a PT) sent me a YouTube of very gentle scar massage, designed to break up places where the scar has bonded to the fascia. She said that this sometimes makes the scar less painful. My scar is farther along than yours, and I only approach these movements with my fingers very...
  6. hiphoser

    THR The fun part

    Glad to see you are home and doing well with a pretty purple new hip! (Wonder what color mine is? I’m hoping for something along the lines of hippie mod floral. At least that is how I’m now imagining it!).
  7. hiphoser

    THR The fun part

    @NanaKP I’m also making a hot/cold sandwich: ice bag on the bottom, heating pad on my tummy to ward off the chill. Whatever works, eh?
  8. hiphoser

    THR The fun part

    Remember to claim your two bags of ice!
  9. hiphoser

    Hip Infection* Izabel, Walking on Sunshine

    Wow @Izabel ! Just read through your thread, and I just wanna give you a cyber hug for all you’ve been through. ((((((Isabel)))))). I don’t think an occasional pity party is at all a bad thing- it can be kind of a purge, leaving room in its wake for happier, more hopeful feelings to flow in...
  10. hiphoser

    THR Celebrating one at a time, encore!

    Yikes! My son is 6’5”, so I know how far a fall is from those heights. Hope hubs is OK. Just wanted to say, several years ago my hubs and I vacationed in your neck of the woods. We loved Vancouver Island! What a beautiful place you live.
  11. hiphoser

    THR Two Hips Done - in final recovery

    Two local women who are part of my Hip Posse are both double hippies, and they do yoga, ride motorcycles, and crawl around the floor with grandchildren. Woo hoooo! Things to look forward, to, eh? Both had posterior approach. One had her hips done, around two years ago (7months apart) and the...
  12. hiphoser

    THR Ginny's Recovery Thread (LTHR)

    @Ginny12 And I just love “Telly”. Sounds so much friendlier than our American “tv”. I’m joining you in some good telly, as my kids got me Amazon Prime for my birthday, right after my surgery. So I’ve been enjoying Mozart in the Jungle, and the Marvelous Mrs, Maisel, as well as every single...
  13. hiphoser

    THR Ginny's Recovery Thread (LTHR)

    I am joining you in the Under Doing It Club! Anxiety surely is a daily challenge in hip recovery- it has been for me, too. I’ve actually taken the enforced inactivity as a time to learn meditation. So far, I’m still struggling to keep focused during meditation, but I find it helpful most days.
  14. hiphoser

    THR New left hip 20 October<

    Ya had me going there, Dean! I was all geared up for a sappy ending to your tale. Instead I got a big guffaw from Santa’s “ smooth move” gift.
  15. hiphoser

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    Couple of thoughts: 1. On the bad days, it is hard to muster up the holiday spirit. I try not to feel guilty about this— we recovering hippies have a lot on our plates. 2. Often a good dose of distraction is just what the doctor ordered. So glad your busy day was so fun for you!! 3. If...
Back
Top Bottom