THR New left hip 20 October<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having an American mother, Bermudian/American father, growing up in a British Colony, married to a Bermudian/Canadian who was educated in Scotland, personal university designations between US and Canada :)( is it spelled with a u or not?!) and now living in a very British part of Canada, it is hard for me to remember which expression comes from which country :heehee: I entered cheap datehood after first pregnancy, when one glass of wine would go straight to my head!!

:reindeer:
 
Last edited:
Hi @Mojo333 Looking for partner to do my physio that I have posted on here. Are you available or too busy driving your quad/tractor/sports coupe? You also bear a striking resemblance to a lady I once knew who worked for Internal Affairs.

Dean
 
:nah:You're on your own with that one.
Take that back...:bignono:
Do not be doing that to your poor quads!

I have absolutely no coordination, am not graceful...which is why rough and tumble tends to be my forte.
Very cool "blast from the past" however.:)
I am ever in awe of talented folk...dancers and musicians!
My son is a very good on piano and plays the guitar effortlessly.
Hopefully by the first of the year...you will be content with pain-free walking and back to your life and passions!
Keep the faith...hope the past weeks sabbatical have yielded some better results and all is starting to feel better!
Need to get into the holiday spirit!
:tree lights:
 
Thanks @Mojo333 I am indeed looking forward to getting into the holiday spirit and indeed drinking a lot of the holiday spirits as well. Walking pain free will be nice after quite a while. What was really odd is that we have a hanging light in our living room which has always been well above my head height but now, yep, nearly hitting it as I am walking so upright - absolutely amazing and wow do my muscles, tendons and anything else hurt but nice hurt. Have a lovely weekend.

Dean
 
With your new physio routine gone viral have you been recruited by the EFDSS (English Folk Dance and Song Society)?

I hope your drive tomorrow goes well.
Helpful tip: don't drive uphill and no grinding gears!
 
I also noticed how much straighter I was able to stand, as did everyone else around me!
People said I looked younger, taller, and thinner!
I tried to remember to hold my shoulders back, engage my core...
All the years of limping and leaning take some time to reverse.
But we will get there!
 
@SwampHiker and thing. Thanks but you can drive my car, as I cant get in because the neighbour has parked her car too near mine and cant get in and she has gorn away. So will have to wait. Yes indeed, my new physio routine seems to have got a virus as you say. Hope you are not too knackered from work and are enjoying your weekend.

Dean
 
hi @Mojo333 and thank you kindly for your message. As I am walking taller, I keep changing the height of the one crutch I am using, not sure if thats the way to go but it felt better for my good hip. Maybe someone will know a bit about that and let me know?

Thanks again, Dean
 
, as I cant get in because the neighbour has parked her car too near mine and cant get in and she has gorn away.
:oyvey:oh my stars! You ARE STUCK.
Bad luck? Providence?
Hope that hip is feeling better...you will just have to pace about I'm afraid.
I did change my cane height (adjustable) as things progressed.
I think that if that's what feels better then go with it.
Are you doing any solo cruising...?
I used countertops, and back of the sofa.
 
Hi @Mojo333 By the way, did I mention to you that since you have been walking straighter you look younger, taller and thinner,? Solo cruising? Shhh, yes, Since last Wednesday using crutches in flat only when I get tired and when I am walking outside have several phases where I just carry the crutch. I do feel taller but noone has said I look younger, thinner or taller and don't use the crutches at all during my clog dancing.

Dean
 
@Jamesdean Bummer, so sorry you're not back on the road again. You can't climb in through the passenger side :heehee:

Oh yes, as a result of last night's festivities I am suffering from the Irish flu as my Great Grandmother would politely say :dead: But my new hip feels great!

Well I'm happy to hear you're cruising and not dancing by yourself. Hope today is a good one for you.
 
Glad you had a good Craic (Irish for good time,,). Looking forward to when I too can just have a good time without thinking about other things. Tried getting in via passengers side but did not like prospect of getting over gear stick .

Dean
 
It was indeed too early for that, I don't think I'll be doing that again for awhile. I also danced quite a bit of the night away too. Touche on the gear stick.
 
Were you twisting, jiving, body popping or dancing like somebody who has just had a hip replaced?
 
Quite the opposite - apparently I was pulling out all my moves from the pre THR days. Let's just say I can't dance :rotfl:
 
Hi @SwampHiker Very impressive - you have moves, are you a professional dancer:walking:? Good for you to dance. My signature dance was the Russian Cossack thing, arms folded bum near floor, kicking out your legs - not been able to do that for a while and probably not going to try it again. Is that one of your moves as well?
 
Not even close! I don't think I could have done that one even with 2 good hips. I had to resort to keeping my arms up for proper muscle activation after my hiking poles were confiscated. I do believe it looked quite similar to this video.

 
Well you have been hiding your talents, you dance just like Ginger Rogers or is it Roy Rogers or Trigger. Fantastic moves, another patent in the offing I fancy.
 
Last edited:
My Christmas story...

Twas the night before Christmas And in my bed I lay
When I heard the reindeer pulling Santa's sleigh
The thought of seeing Santa was suddenly too much
And I got out of bed to the window without using my crutch
So now I stood a bit shaky hands on the window sill
My drink of water was handy so was able to take a pill
Going slowly very slowly I finally made it to my crutch
Felt my way out of the bedroom using a gentle touch

And then I had quite suddenly, arrived at the top of the stairs
Standing up on the back of my neck were my back of my neck hairs
It was then when I saw Santa, leaving presents under the tree,
I hope he stays awhile as I desperately need to pee
And he did hes still there when I finished, he's eating a mince pie,
I start off down the stairs, bad leg first I hear you cry

And then I meet Santa we shake hands and say hello,
All this in front of the fire with such a lovely glow
He looks at me and smiles and asks if my leg has been giving me gyp
And I explain that only a few weeks ago I was given a new hip
'I know' he says 'Remember Santa keeps a track of you all,
And just in case I hadn't kept up your surgeon gave me a call'.
'He said you weren't to worry just need to take your time
And sure enough you will find your recovery should be fine.
I have left you your present it's sitting under the tree
Which you can open tomorrow, its the thing you want most trust me'.
And then he sort of disappeared no longer to be seen
But I heard a voice in the distance saying, its the present you want most Dean.

I wake up on Christmas morning don't remember going back upstairs
Yeah yeah yeah good leg first I always take good care
Did I dream my meeting with Santa or was it all for real
The test would come when I open my gift that would seal the deal
So downstairs I go again and look under the Christmas tree
And there I espy lying there is a nice wrapped present just for me
I use my grabber to get it, not risking 90 degrees
And when I open up my gift I am filled with glee

So we move on to a couple of hours later and I am really happy
Had our family Christmas breakfast in a state of revelry
The opening of the present and the joy when you give
And opening everything else for me, Santa brought me a laxative
Prune juice, figs, senokot, ispaghula husk and methylcellulose
Has finally and decidedly ended all my woes.
 
Last edited:
Ya had me going there, Dean! I was all geared up for a sappy ending to your tale. Instead I got a big guffaw from Santa’s “ smooth move” gift.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom