otisbeagle
member
- Joined
- Nov 19, 2018
- Messages
- 143
- Age
- 50
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
Wow, I am really walking a lot better now. That day off did wonders!! At this point, I don’t have much of a limp, and walking is starting to feel more comfortable. Still some numbness and stiffness, but I do stairs pretty normally (just slowly and carefully), and for the first time in my life, my right leg does not turn out duck-style.
While we were out Christmas tree shopping tonight, we drove through the neighborhood where we trick-or-treated right before my surgery. I was reminded of that evening, which featured the most awesome Halloween fest ever (in a gated area with full-on cocktail parties for trick-or-treaters!!). But by that stage, I couldn’t even walk a whole block without writhing in pain, so it wasn’t a fun night. Just walking from the car to the store was agonizing back then, and I had to decline most social activities that involved standing or walking. So far, I’m not able to do too much, but I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel.
...And I often stare longingly at the tennis courts across the street. I’m dying to play, but between pregnancy and this hip odyssey, I’ve been unable for two long years. Though I don’t intend to jog anymore, I hope to play some recreational tennis once I’m 100% rehabilitated. Are there any tennis players in the BoneSmart community??
While we were out Christmas tree shopping tonight, we drove through the neighborhood where we trick-or-treated right before my surgery. I was reminded of that evening, which featured the most awesome Halloween fest ever (in a gated area with full-on cocktail parties for trick-or-treaters!!). But by that stage, I couldn’t even walk a whole block without writhing in pain, so it wasn’t a fun night. Just walking from the car to the store was agonizing back then, and I had to decline most social activities that involved standing or walking. So far, I’m not able to do too much, but I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel.
...And I often stare longingly at the tennis courts across the street. I’m dying to play, but between pregnancy and this hip odyssey, I’ve been unable for two long years. Though I don’t intend to jog anymore, I hope to play some recreational tennis once I’m 100% rehabilitated. Are there any tennis players in the BoneSmart community??

Lil baby boy running the house on his own, lol.
You'd think I was 12....can't help it, lol.