Guest viewing is limited

THR The fun part

Wishing you A Good and Restful day!:ice:
 
How are those walker races going? Make any pit stops yet for tire changes? I hope today is a good one!
 
Happy Friday :wave:
I would imagine you're flying the coup today?
If so, safe travels home and a great Friday to you!
@Bone-obo
 
How are those walker races going?
I finished my lap before the rest of the contestants made it to the starting line, no tripping required. The hospital walker was a dark red metallic - all it needed was flame emblems. (Not as cool as a pink Razor, of course!)

I would imagine you're flying the coup today?
Flew it yesterday. Slept well, used a couple of Norco to stamp out a little rising pain last night, and I haven't need much ice at all. This morning I'm gonna take a shower and ride with Nancy when she goes to the grocery store (I'll guard the car while she's shopping). So far I'm running a couple of days ahead of where I was last time in terms of pain, dizziness, energy ... everything. Dunno why, but I'm glad! I'm also gonna do this pass sans PT - I didn't find it to be all that last time, and I think I'd prefer to walk, go to the gym when it's feasible and get on my trike when I can.

One cool thing: I asked about my implant, and looked it up - it's lavender! Knowing I've got cool looking lavender parts in me makes me squee!
 
The hospital walker was a dark red metallic - all it needed was flame emblems.
I bet yours was one of those walkers designed for the wheels to lock if you passed a certain point - like the shopping carts at the grocery store. Glad you didn't have to play dirty to win the races! Your lavender hip color sounds really cool :thumb:
 
Hey @Bone-obo Sounds like you are doing great!!! Onwards....and :thumb: on ditching 10 x 3 reps etc.!!

Have a great day. Beware of the ODIC. So easy to do at this time of year....the doorman enticed me over for a chat, four weeks out. I held out...better than at two weeks last time:loll:

Like the red hot walker at the hospital!:heehee:
 
Last edited:
Glad to see you are home and doing well with a pretty purple new hip! (Wonder what color mine is? I’m hoping for something along the lines of hippie mod floral. At least that is how I’m now imagining it!).
 
I bet yours was one of those walkers designed for the wheels to lock if you passed a certain point - like the shopping carts at the grocery store.
They lock? Really? That's cool! Although in retrospect: scary! What if I'd been really hauling patootie in the races and it locked up?

Beware of the ODIC. So easy to do at this time of year....the doorman enticed me over for a chat, four weeks out.
My experience with Old Good Hip aka Righty is that the ODIC is particularly tempting between 4 and 8 weeks out - just when you think you're safe. My longest "chats" were a 10 day ODIC seminar around 3 weeks and a 7 day binge at 7 weeks. I'm glad I've got this left hip so I can have a do-over.

Wonder what color mine is? I’m hoping for something along the lines of hippie mod floral.
Oooo, wouldn't that be pretty!

Daily report:
Op leg (Lefty) feels swollen and wobbly, but not all that painful. No icing required.
Took a shower, rolled around the house, clambered up and down stairs, and went for a ride to the store. My energy was good, if shallower than yesterday - I took a few naps between activities.
 
I'd ice for the swelling even if you're not experiencing pain. :ice:
Bye-bye in the car is a good cure for boredom. :driver:
Naps are awesome. Lots of healing happening while you're snoozing :sleep: Enjoy!
Hope you sleep like a baby tonight.
@Bone-obo
 
Sounds like you are set up to win a door prize
Anyone have a lavender hip socket? Anyone? Anyone?
Yes!
Right there...the man in the back row.
Come and claim your prize, sir!
:giggle:
Hope today is restful...I have to go move my mother ....houseful of furniture...hips don't fail me now.:beg:
 
I'd ice for the swelling even if you're not experiencing pain.
Probably wise. I mean, I hunted down an Ossur Cold Rush for this operation and I need to get a little satisfaction from it, doncha think? I'll fire it ... uh, ice it up this evening.

Anyone have a lavender hip socket? Anyone? Anyone?
Actually, now I suspect almost anybody with a ceramic ball has one! Next time you guys have steak for dinner, mind peeling that flap back a bit and checking?

I've got some minor sads about last night: during a regular coolant draining, I got the dizzies pretty bad. I suspect it's the Norco - I took a single pill, then another 4 hours later, but I'm a rather cheap date, and I remember this feeling from the last time. Oh well. Ice and Tylenol for tonight, and we'll see if the combination with the Meloxicam can hold the ouchies back.
 
Upon a quick online search, dizziness is a common side effect of Norco.
Sorry you've experienced that last evening.
I hope you're comfortable with whatever meds you decide to use.
@Bone-obo
 
Hi, Hope the meloxicam and tylenol did the trick for you last night. The dizzy spells are no fun....had some issues with that due to low BP.
How are you enjoying the ice machine?:ice:
Trying to find the balance :good-bad: in western Canada :heehee:
Thinking of you @Bone-obo and wishing you a comfortable day :reindeer:
 
Last edited:
Sorry about the yucky first stuff.
You know it will get better soon.
Hang in there friend....
Don't care if you've done this before or not, it's a big surgery and a new hip.
Don't compare!

Sending healing mojo your way.:loveshwr:
 
Sorry you've experienced that last evening.
I hope you're comfortable with whatever meds you decide to use.
Hope the meloxicam and tylenol did the trick for you last night.
Well, sorta. What I've mostly got is the complete and utter inability to find a comfortable place on any surface for any length of time, as though my whole body had become one big inchoate itch. Thus I've become what my mother suspected knew I was: a wiggle monster. Ah, well, early days.

How are you enjoying the ice machine?
I haven't used it! I know! Thing is, last time I had definable pain in the muscles surrounding the incision - perfect targets for a good icing. This time? It itches a bit, all over everywhere - there's no place to put the ice! Waaaaah!!

thinking of you as you go through hip rep 2.0. Strength and comfort to you
Many thanks! So far, about what I expected or better! Glad I didn't get a twofer - you guys who had bilaterals are nutsoid crazy-pants!

Sorry about the yucky first stuff.
You know it will get better soon.
I do, my friend, I most assuredly do, and I am profoundly grateful that it has gone as well as it has! And grateful to have your support!

By the way, I decided I needed a good, proper outing today, so I went to the theater and saw a play. Sat downstage right with the other walker pilots, and enjoyed it tremendously! The exercise (there was a curb), the socializing (a few of my best friends were sitting nearby), and just the sheer joy of getting outside - well. It's got me wondering where I can go tomorrow. Zip-lining...?

Oh! plus Miralax is a modern miracle and let that be all that needs to be said about that.
 
Great that you broke out and went to the play @Bone-obo.

Trying to get comfortable is tough in the early days. I slept in the recliner the first three week hip one, and was back in bed the first week hip two!!! I had wedges and pillows and who knows what to get comfy in the bed first time around, and this time just the pillow between my leg and my regular head pillow, sometimes the leg lift pillow, sometimes not....whatever it takes! How my husband sleeps through my nocturnal sleeping habits is beyond me! He is a patient man!!

As for the ice machine, I have that hip pad strapped on and cold packs everywhere else on the leg!!! Good luck with that. I would get so cold I had to have two blankets on top of me in the recliner, but we have to do what works, as crazy as we may seem!!

Hard to know what to wish you tonight, but lets say, whatever works for rest and comfort!! Thinking of you:reindeer:. Every day will get better, as you know.
 
What I've mostly got is the complete and utter inability to find a comfortable place on any surface for any length of time, as though my whole body had become one big inchoate itch. Thus I've become what my mother suspected knew I was: a wiggle monster.
Been there...just Everything aggravated...couldn't keep still or get comfortable!:sigh:

By the way, I decided I needed a good, proper outing today, so I went to the theater and saw a play
:chinstroke:You Decide it's a good idea to go to a play four days post op?
:doh:Your decision making process befuddles me! Hopefully not too much walking involved!
:beg:take a few more days to Behave!
 
As for the ice machine, I have that hip pad strapped on and cold packs everywhere else on the leg!!! Good luck with that.
I tried a regular ice pad last night just to see what would happen, and it ... helped. Distracted my focus, more like, but it was successful enough I'm gonna hook up the ice machine tonight and freeze baby freeze to see if I can get some zzzz's. When I stop posting with the dawn patrol, you'll know I'm finally past the Sleep Deficit Stage.

Every day will get better, as you know.
True - this is, no kidding, a spectacularly good recovery so far and I'd be greedy to ask for anything better! No pain to speak of (unless I do something stupid, which I do occasionally Just Because), good energy, and every day has been slightly better than the one before, exactly as you say! And I've been down this (slightly) bumpy road before, so I know it'll smooth out pretty soon. Probably.
 
You Decide it's a good idea to go to a play four days post op?
I can see where my decision-tree might elude you. It went something like this:

a) I'm tired of watching TV all the time.
b) My brain is fried from sleep loss.
c) But my physical energy's pretty good.
d) And it's a nice day.
e) So what the heck.

One additional element: I'd directed the play and it was the show's closing performance. I adored the cast and crew, and kinda regretted that I couldn't finish out the run with them, so it was a big love fest when I came back. Heck, I got flowers! And it did me no perceptible harm whatsoever - the ODIC has no hold over me this morning.

Now if I go ahead with the zip-lining today, well, I wouldn't blame you if you scheduled an intervention.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom