Recent content by GabsJL

  1. GabsJL

    THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

    Hi Bill !! So glad to see you here again although your news is not too great. What horrible luck it's just maddening when doctors don't listen and won't assume their responsibility. I hope everything will finally get sorted out after the revision. Really feel bad for you regarding the pain. You...
  2. GabsJL

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    Hi @beachgal. Haven't been on here in ages but I remembered you were planning a trip to Paris this month. Very sorry to learn both you and your hubby are sick and that you will probably be canceling your trip. Was hoping to meet you and have a drink to celebrate our new hips! The last few...
  3. GabsJL

    THR Poppet survived a major fall!

    @Poppet so so sorry I missed your post about the fall!! What a fright that must have been for you! I fell 6 days after surgery and it sure shook me up, but nothing near what you described. I hope your ribs are getting better and hopefully with your new shoes you'll not be falling again!!
  4. GabsJL

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    You look fantastic @beachgal ! What a lovely dress and shoes ! And you're such a cute couple with your hubby...nobody would ever think there's a bionic hip hiding under that nice dress hehe![emoji6]
  5. GabsJL

    Bilateral THR Just 8 days & from Turkey ❤️

    Hoşgeldiniz @Deelac! Congratulations on getting through your surgery! You should be getting better with each passing day. Don't panic if you suddenly have pain or something feels off.. it's just part of the recovery process. You are still young so you should bounce back quickly. Now rest and ice...
  6. GabsJL

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    @beachgal that's still far away but definitely keep me posted on your definite plans. It would be fun to meet up and show off our hips hehe !
  7. GabsJL

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    Hi @beachgal ! I haven't posted anything in quite a bit but I do enjoy reading your posts and seeing progress, which seems to be great despite the occasional snake ! When are you planning to come to Paris exactly ?
  8. GabsJL

    THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

    @fulafoto I would have done exactly the same to get a beautiful shot like that! And happy 6-week post-op anniversary too!
  9. GabsJL

    THR RTHR over thank goodness but fell this morning

    Well 2 days ago we walked to a more secluded beach on a tiny trail with sand, rocks and old tree trunks (30 min walk) with lots of going up and down and then a long walk in deep sand, and I made it there and back phew! However, yesterday morning woke up with a strange pain, the first pain since...
  10. GabsJL

    THR Chessie checking in!

    Great report @Chessie! You are doing so very well after such a relatively short time. You're absolutely right about not waiting too long to have surgery. Too long means more deformity and greater bone loss. Fidn't wait too long either although 1.5 years of pain and 7 months of limping sounds...
  11. GabsJL

    THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

    @fulafoto Bill I guess your holiday is almost over (alreafy over?). So great to be able to do a long trip like that when a couple of months ago you couldn't have even imagined it! Have a save, uneventful and painless trip back!
  12. GabsJL

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    @beachgal You are doing so well overall ! So happy for you!
  13. GabsJL

    THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

    Hi Bill @fulafoto ate you still travelling? Great shot of Kiama...makes me want to go there! I'm on holiday too right now and it feels great! Feel like a normal human being or almost hehe... It's our 6-week post-op birthday this week! Take care and enjoy thise new runners!
  14. GabsJL

    THR RTHR over thank goodness but fell this morning

    Greetings everyone! I haven't been on here in a while... I'm 5 weeks and 4 days out and on holiday in Minorca (Balaeric island in Spain) and so far so good! No problems at the airport even though there was a lot of walking. I had my cane though even though I didn't need it and it was a very...
  15. GabsJL

    THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

    Great pic Bill @fulafoto! So glad you're in good enough form to go on a long car trip...a change of scenery is always refreshing for the soul and body. And that hip sounds to be behaving overall too. Happy 5-week post op anniversary as well! Have fun!
Back
Top Bottom