THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry for what you are experiencing. When you make up a part of the percentile of folks with complications it is very REAL. Many people move along with great success while some suffer. I can relate too well after a spine surgery that left me with a world of issues that fell into the 15% of folks with adverse outcomes. It is not an easy journey. I wish you a speedy resolve and cheering for your improvement.
 
@fulafoto Oh my goodness, Bill!
I am so sorry you have been though this long, enduring saga.
I sure hope your revision will not be with your first surgeon.
Do you have any chance of that happening?

I'm glad your other hip is good, at least. whew.....
And, congrats on the weight loss and swimming.
Hugs.....
 
Hello Bill,
I have wondered so often how you were getting along, so I was excited to see you had posted. But then so disheartened to read of your troubles and bad experience. So sorry you are going through this. One surgery is so very hard, but then to have to go through it again must be agonizing. But what can you do? Like everyone says, we are here to help you through anyway we can. And we will all volunteer!

You encouraged me and kept my spirits up when I was pre op and it helped me tremendously. Actually you helped many here and we will do our best to return it to you. I remember your strength and determination your first time, and it will see you through again! Thoughts and prayers sent your way! Keep us posted!

Rhonda


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello Bill,
I was just popping in to see how everyone is doing. I was glad to see you on here, but then so sorry to read your post. I feel just terrible that you are going through this. I admire your determination and how well you handle things. You will get through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers! :)
 
Hello Bill, just finished reading your post and want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you as you start this journey. Congrats on the weight loss:) Joyce


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thank you all for your wonderful kindness and words of support. I am very appreciative of all your messages and to answer you Claire @MajorHeidi - that would be my worst nightmare having the same surgeon however as he works at the local hospital near to us and one that I am having the revision at is about 300 kilometres (180 miles) away I doubt he will be anywhere near me.
 
@fulafoto like the others I was happy to see you here and very upset to see why. I am glad you got away from original OS! And glad the rest of your medical team followed through and found your true problem. Sad that it took SO long! :(
If in the meantime your first OS moves to the new hospital, take your baseball bat :lol:
You have supported so very many on here, it's our turn now ((Bill)) and Mrs Bill too!!
I know @Josephine will want to drop by and say hey :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Soon after my last post I started cycling on a stationary bike

Hi Bill sorry to hear about this problem but I have picked out your quote as this appears to be a problem and a hippy by the name of Cappy had what I think was the same problem he attended a gym and went on a stationary bike which was causing pain and set him back slightly.
Maybe we need to look at this closer as it appears to cause problems.
 
Bill,

I remember your posts from around the time of my RTHR, mine was done a bit before you I believe. I am so sorry to hear about your poor outcome, and this miserable OS and his refusal to take responsibility and help you.

My best friend and golf partner has had every joint done, one of his knees twice. Why twice? The 'renowned' OS at our local hospital (he is in all their TV ads) refused to believe that his knee was infected when everyone could see (with their own eyes) that the knee was not healing, it was oozing. My wife and I finally convinced him to go into NYC (50 miles from here) and the OS there checked him in, replaced the knee with a temporary one the next day, and gave him a major cocktail of antibiotics to work on the infection; and then did a permanent replacement a few months later. Saved his leg. Nothing like the arrogance of people who think they are gods.

Good luck with your fix, please keep us posted,

Mark
 
Bill, I'm so glad you persevered in looking for answers. I know you're focused now on June 1. The sooner it's done, the sooner you get back on the healing track. I'll be following your journey.

Sharon
 
Sorry to hear of your ongoing suffering. I remember seeing you on this forum and you were always so supportive of everyone. I am hoping for a good outcome for you!
 
Hi bill, just read your post. Osteo arthrits is my new enemy. I too had a horrible surgeon with my hip, had revision in 2007 and complained to him for 21/2 yrs of problems. My hip dislocated at work and had to have a revision. Thank goodness my new surgeon was an expert in the field ( I sued my dr but unfortunately lost, worst part judge blind and figured with my age had calculated I have 20 more years to live nice) I also had a shoulder replacement ( a breeze) and a left knee replacement. Now gearing up for replacement of my other shoulder.
Hope all goes well with your surgery, the second one I could have walked home had no pain..it was unbelievable. Good luck to you. Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi there mate :) I am so thrilled that you decided to post.

I am one of the privileged who have actually met you and we are in regular phone and email conversation so I don't have to repeat a lot of our conversations. But now we can also chat online here on Bonesmart in the same timezone.

The Prof is the best!

Have you been able to sort out an alternative for exercising when the local pool closes over winter?

Keep up the good work with dieting, it will only help to lose a little more and get to your goal weight as I know you want to.

It is so good to have you back - hugs and much love to you and your DW from your Aussie friend/s :) xx
 
Thank you all once again for your support - you are all so special and wonderful.

Not traveling real well at the moment hip-wise. The pain is getting right up there again and the thigh is throbbing on a ever increasing level. I told DW that it feels like arthritis in the joint but obviously that can't be the cause.

On a positive note had a dental appointment today - one filling and got the all clear on everything else in my mouth so that's one thing all sorted out.

Once again thank you for your support, it is very much appreciated.
 
I tried to post in my previous thread however it appears to be closed so I will post here. Please feel free to put them together and thank you :)
No longer! Threads merged for ya!
I asked him why, after the THR, both legs were same length now my left one was shorter – he chose to ignore this question.
I suppose this was the PT but even if it was the surgeon the answer is the same - he said nothing because that was what he knew about it!
I continued to see the physiotherapist
May I ask why? After 9 months?
The pain is getting right up there again and the thigh is throbbing on an ever increasing level. I told DW that it feels like arthritis in the joint but obviously that can't be the cause.
No, it's worse than that, dear heart. It's more like trying to walk on a fracture ! I suggest you stay off it as much as you can - which I suspect you are doing anyway. I've seen loosenings like this and the cup can rotate round like a spinning top. I expect when the surgeon gets in there, it's very possible he will be able to lift the cup out with his fingers. But please do be assured that this was nothing to do with your bike riding. A properly installed hip replacement is more than equal to that kind of activity. I leave you to interpret my words! :wink:

Do you have your xrays? I'd love to see them!
 
My thoughts are with you! I can now put my small setbacks (to date) into better perspective. Hope things continue to get better for you. Sounds like you are now in good hands.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Bill !! So glad to see you here again although your news is not too great. What horrible luck it's just maddening when doctors don't listen and won't assume their responsibility. I hope everything will finally get sorted out after the revision. Really feel bad for you regarding the pain. You always made feel better after my surgery...hard to believe it was last July! Seems like yesterday... all the best and sending you lots of good energy! Hugs, Gabriella
 
Oh darn ....was so glad to see your name pop up Bill @fulafoto until I read your report. So sorry that you are still struggling & now have to wait until June for the revision, had hoped for better things for you.
Well done, though, on your weight loss & healthier lifestyle...I'm sure that will assist you for the next art of your hip journey.
Wishing you all the best....love Chrissie xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@fulafoto, Bill, what an ordeal! Your perseverance has finally paid off with a solid diagnosis and plan of action! Remember all those days pre-op when you were anxiously getting ready for your new hip? Claim that knowledge and regain your excitement once more to make the rest of your life much better! Prayers for you, friend, as you supported me so much last summer. You can do this!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom