Guest viewing is limited

THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jaycey, since you've been through THR before, I had a question. I need to see my dermatologist to check out a few little places on my face and legs for sun damage and she may zap me with her gun to treat them. Is this a problem with THR? Is there a time period that should pass before I can do this? What about cosmetic botox shots around my eyes and on my forehead? I may ask my dermatologist about the safety of these procedures with THR but want to ask here first, as I trust you guys more than .... well, most anyone regarding THR....

Any advice/thoughts?
 
@beachgal I was told to wait 6-8 weeks post op before considering anything like that including dental stuff. I'll tag @Josephine for her expert medical advice.
 
Thanks, @Jaycey, and I'll wait to hear from Josephine. I'm 9 weeks post op tomorrow and I'm sure it will be a month or longer before I can get an appointment. I really would love to see my dermatologist this year since I've met my deductible for insurance purposes. Botox not covered but it should be, haha.
 
@beachgal is the "gun" a laser? At 9 weeks out I really don't think there is an issue.
 
@Jaycey, I was worried more about the little freezing gun she pops me with if she sees a possible skin cancer spot. It usually just sort of scabs over and falls off, and they are not very big, smaller than a pencil eraser in diameter? I use a one dermatologist for checking body for skin cancer sites and a different one for my Botox injections. I've got an appointment for my Botox injections on 9/30 so I'm hoping it will be ok. They are just shots and only on my forehead/eye area and I'm off blood thinners. My skin cancer screening isn't until 11/19 so I'm good there.
 
Ok. Crisis of a different kind averted, I think. Coming into our house from the garage, a small snake had found it way in and dog went after it. Well. They went after each other so, forget the hip, I go after snake with dog on leash and I'm not sure what happened after that but we're having take-out for supper. Ice on hip. Tylenol in mouth. Wine in hand. :-(


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@MajorHeidi, your question about the snake reminds me of my Mom after I insisted she watch "The Age of Innocence" with me and she was most distressed about what became of the children. LOL! Not the issue, although I managed to keep Banjo away long enough for snake to slither into the yard. He thought it was great fun. Me, not so much.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Carriemay60, I'm fine. Hip is ok but I wasn't too sure for a while there. Might be the wine. Haha. I'm going to get a hot shower and let hubby handle dog for the evening. We had our house washed today which probably stirred up said snake and I got the porch and deck set back up for coffee tomorrow morning between sips of wine so I'm ready to give it up today.

On another note, I've been wearing short heels for two days and no twisted ankles - except for snake incident.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow @beachgal never a dull moment! I'm jealous you can coffee outside in the morning! Autumn has kicked in over here and a chill has started in the morning despite the weather being lovely later in the day. I hope the wine helped calm things down!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
@NoraJ, @MajorHeidi, @muckingabout, @Carriemay60, hip all good this morning and coffee on patio. It's a cooler morning and the squirrels are keeping dog entertained. We have to "hibernate" during the summer heat so we're all ready to get outdoors. Happy Friday, y'all, and watch out for those snakes!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @beachgal ! I haven't posted anything in quite a bit but I do enjoy reading your posts and seeing progress, which seems to be great despite the occasional snake ! When are you planning to come to Paris exactly ?
 
@beachgal... I can thank St Patrick for not having to fend off snakes in my back garden. I don't think I would cope with that!

Glad the hip showed no illefects this morning.

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
I need to see my dermatologist to check out a few little places on my face and legs for sun damage and she may zap me with her gun to treat them. Is this a problem with THR? Is there a time period that should pass before I can do this? What about cosmetic botox shots around my eyes and on my forehead?
The answer to all these is no. For one, all should be done in a clean and sterile manner. But principally, it's not a problem because only last year the AAOS, NJR and both US and UK dental associations have declared that there is no evidence to show that such procedures result in peri-prosthetic infection. Evidence insufficient to recommend prophylactic antibiotics for dental procedures
 
Wow, Thanks @Josephine - That puts my mind at ease...I just had to have dental work and have been taking antibiotics prior to work as precaution, per OS and DDS.
 
@Josephine, many thanks for putting my mind at ease. I'll keep both appointments and will be happy to check them off my "to do" list! You're advice and assurance on this forum is much appreciated!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@GabsJL, we arrive January 26, fly home February 2nd. We'd love to meet you for lunch/dinner while we're there if you're free! We don't have our hotel reservations firmed up yet but I'll send you a message here when our plans are made and we'll go from there!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom