THR Poppet survived a major fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry @Poppet I typed a reply but it quoted your post instead!

Do hope you get some rest at the weekend! Ouch...your poor body must ache xxxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Poppet !! I am really sorry I missed this news last week and thus am so late in dropping by to ask how you are. What a close call that was, and not even the replacement part but just getting so banged up on your head, ribs, everywhere else. I am so happy your hub was there at the time to check you out all over, right away. That must have been very reassuring. I am amazed with all the others at your total recall and cool headed ability to remember and then write down all the twists and turns. You're right: very important to do so you can tell your doc where you landed. And THANK YOU for thinking of us on Bonesmart and telling us how you handled it all and for reminding us how strong these implants are. I know it's going to be a while before you are feeling well again, but to quote wonderful you, "It's not a sprint, it's a marathon" -- I guess that applies to recovery from a horrible fall as well as a THR. Please take care of yourself and I do hope you can get some rest this weekend.
 
Thanks everyone :) - we have very uneven ground whilst we are building and almost came another cropper this morning when the toe of my Croc got caught on the edge of an in ground section of rock. Luckily I had a clothes airer close by and grabbed it quickly. It was just enough support. Gave my ribcage another unwanted stretch though!

I was wearing my Crocs with the major fall. That time, I turned and caught the toe of one Croc under the other!

I love my Crocs, but going to invest in more sensible footwear this week - too much of a pattern emerging me thinks!
 
Glad you did not fall again, I agree time to toss the Crocs and buy some new shoes.
 
Thank goodness you did not fall again! OK next up picture(s) of the feet in new shoes :snork: Gotta keep you safe and getting healthier .... I think that time-to-retirement calendar must be getting close to just double digits, isn't it?
 
Haha @Hoppy Nanny and @djklaugh - how did you read my mind. The last near miss stubbed my big toe on un operated side and I have a blue- black bruised toenail - lose that one for sure..

First thing this morning, we trotted out and bought me the most fabulous pair of working boots, added orthotic inner soles and new bright red wool socks - check the boots out.. [Bonesmart.org] Poppet survived a major fall! A bit of a blast from my past as they are called "Woomera Mallee" - I lived in that part of OZ once.
 
Hi Chris, @Pumpkln - Crocs have been relegated to inside wearing only on concrete floor. :) :) - do you like my new boots - I will take a selfie foot photo tomorrow xx
 
Not forgetting a hard hat too @Poppet! Hope your ribs are feeling better .... Mine are much improved ! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good job!!! Now that's a real working woman's boot!!!
 
They are Soooooo comfortable Jamie. As I mentioned, I popped a very good orthotic inner sole in them and I feel like I am floating ... Well worth the investment..
 
So pleased @Hoppy Nanny that your ribs are feeling better - they take a long time don't they? Are you still having issues with your knee?

My ribs are also feeling better, but I still have this congested cough - especially when when I lay down... Sigh!
 
Hope that congestion cough eases off....@Poppet It's never ending isn't it! Saw an interview on the Alan Titchmarsh show today...the Actress, Sheila Hancock was on. She's 81 & looks fab....but when he asked how she felt she said " do you know I've never felt well...there was puberty, period pains, childbirth, menopause then old age...." Know just what she meant!

My knee is not good Poppet....it's really inhibiting & lets me know big time if I'm overdoing it! Having to use a cane on longer walks again! Never mind, Christmas is coming and I've now got 14 for dinner ( counting Abbie my Granddog so we've got a nice round number) so hoping it won't play up too much.

Hope the building works going well...we are altering our utility room at the moment and that's enough for me.....!! Don't know Jim you are coping with an actual building...hope it's going well for you both xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Poppet so so sorry I missed your post about the fall!! What a fright that must have been for you! I fell 6 days after surgery and it sure shook me up, but nothing near what you described. I hope your ribs are getting better and hopefully with your new shoes you'll not be falling again!!
 
OMG, Poppet, I just saw this! I don't seem to be getting alerts, and I haven't checked by BS very often lately. Hope you are on the mend.
 
Thanks @beachgal @Hoppy Nanny and @sissy46 - I suspect my ribs are going to take quite some time to heal. I had a very extreme coughing fit last night and aggravated the whole rib cage (both sides)! Unfortunately due to the fact that we are physically constructing our own home I can't rest much during the day. I am walking and sitting is ok, laying down is very painful.. Sigh....
 
Happy hipppy anniversary, Poppet :loveshwr:
 
@Poppet isn't thT sweet, you are giving your hip a whole new house for its third birthday!! LOVE the new boots. Crocs for shower-to-bed only :lol:


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom