THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ fulafoto, just checking on you and that pain in the neck!! Hope it's been resolved and that your amazing recovery is back on track! You're my hero!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @muckingabout, @Poppet and @beachgal and thanks for your kind messages! I really do appreciate them:) Well I have been know for my spontaneity previously and have had another attack. We had booked a week away within the next 12 months in a place called Eden which is in the far southern end of the state south of us. For any Aussies it's on the far south coast of New South Wales just north of the Victorian boarder. Anyhow - enough geography! Monday I rang them and have made our booking for later this week. Now this place being 1800 kilometres or 1200 miles away takes some driving so we drove 800 kilometres or 500 miles yesterday and am in a little country town called Kempsey. Today we are off to stay with DW's sister and her partner in Sydney and then down to Eden for 7 nights then back home!
Overall yesterday went really well hip wise - very little pain but discomfort rose to about a 3-4 level but after sitting in the car for over 14 hours it isn't surprising!The neck is still giving me a bit of curry but I am on the lookout for a massage therapist while we are away and DW's sister will probably know just the person to help me in Sydney - if not may get someone further south.
As you would probably be aware Poppet we are having a bitterly cold weather front with temps as low as zero on the east coast so we have packed ALLLLLL the winter woolies for the trip (for our US friends that is your 32 degrees).
I probably wont be posting much for a few days but will try and get around to visit all my friends on the forum as time permits. In the mean time - here is a pic from a place called Woolgoolga (yes that really is a place name!) looking towards Coffs Habour from yesterday
[Bonesmart.org] Bill's Bionic Breakdown
 
Hi Bill@fulafoto,

I'm glad your neck is on the mend. What a massive journey your doing. Ireland from one end to the other is only 400 km! I can't imagine that type of driving.

Despite the cold the beach looks beautiful enough to want to jump in... enjoy the trip and the massage when you get it!
 
Great pic Bill @fulafoto! So glad you're in good enough form to go on a long car trip...a change of scenery is always refreshing for the soul and body. And that hip sounds to be behaving overall too. Happy 5-week post op anniversary as well! Have fun!
 
What a gorgeous beach, Bill @fulafoto !
And what a long driving trip you undertook. Glad your neck is doing better for you.
Enjoy the wonderful scenery there, and have a nice trip!
 
That is quite ambitious! Bill. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Enjoy your trip Bill! Glad to see you are doing well. :)
 
@fulafoto
Wonderful scenery. Have a fantastic trip and glad to hear the hip is cooperating too. By the image I would not have ever thought it was cold outside. Enjoy your slice of Eden


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you all so much for your continued comments. With all the traveling I have not been as frequent here as I would like and I apologise for that. Well we finally arrived this evening and I must say it was not as easy as I thought. My hip is quite sore I think from the continual sitting but since getting up and about it is easing quite a bit but now I am suffering quite severe lower back pain - i am putting that down to my lack of exercise over the past 12 -18 months.
This shot we took today at a place called Kiama. It has a blowhole and is amazing to see.
[Bonesmart.org] Bill's Bionic Breakdown
 
Wow pic looks amazing.

A couple of days of not being in your car will hopefully ease the pain in your back. As you say not be stuck in one position will help.

Have you managed to have your massage yet?
 
Wow, You are doing so good. I have been away and I wanted to check to see how you are doing and I find that you are doing a long trip. It sounds so cool. Well have all the fun in the world because you deserve you. Take care but do remember you are still healing . Tashia
 
Great picture! Sorry your back is troubling you. Try either ice or heat to see which might provide some relief
 
Hi @fulafoto , have you purchased new shoes since your THR? If not - please do. If you are wearing old shoes they are worn down from staying off that sore hip. This can put a strain on your back. Hope things ease for you. As a person who deals with back pain daily - my sympathies!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom