Guest viewing is limited

THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @NoraJ and no I haven't managed to get a massage as yet but feeling pretty good at the moment.
@tashia - thanks so much for stopping by and I am doing pretty well I think but must learn to limit my activities. My body certainly does let me know when I overdo it :)
@muckingabout thanks for you suggestion - I have been trying heat on the back and it is helping!!
@Jaycey - new shoes were on the shopping list as most of mine have a 30mm build up on the left one so they are now on the scrap heap. I wore one pair that I hadn't had built up and they were awful on my leg and back so having three athletic children I was hounded into getting a really good pair and ended up paying $200 for a pair of runners but they are like walking on a cloud and make it so much easier to walk properly. Another benefit that the salesman sold me were elastic shoe laces. They lace up like normal but they stretch to put them on and take them off - really makes it easier for DW to get my left one on.
At the moment I am feeling pretty good as long as I don't overdo it which is the story for all of us isn't it?
 
Hi Bill @fulafoto ate you still travelling? Great shot of Kiama...makes me want to go there! I'm on holiday too right now and it feels great! Feel like a normal human being or almost hehe...
It's our 6-week post-op birthday this week!
Take care and enjoy thise new runners!
 
@GabsJL Yep still traveling but staying for another 3 nights in a villa which is fantastic! Then the long trip home. Getting around pretty well and yes - it's great to feel like we are back to doing everyday normal things :)
 
Kiama looks fabulous Bill....glad all going well.....nothing like a hot water bottle for back pain...enjoy the rest of your hols x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
I just caught up with your thread @fulafoto. I'm amazed at your traveling- my longest trip has been about an hour. Love the pics! Sounds like things are going well!
 
@fulafoto Bill I guess your holiday is almost over (alreafy over?). So great to be able to do a long trip like that when a couple of months ago you couldn't have even imagined it! Have a save, uneventful and painless trip back!
 
Thank you all so much for checking on me and your kind comments. I firstly must sincerely apologise for not posting much recently as we are still on our holiday and leave for the 1800 kilometre or 1200 mile trip home tomorrow morning. Yesterday we went to several locations, a lot along dirt roads to an old whaling station, a ight house and a beautiful tower build in the 1800's. My DW and I were totally spent last night and worked out we walked about 4 kilometres (3 miles) with a lot of it up and down and stairs involved. During the day I managed to sprain my right ankle which made life 'interesting' considering my left THR. Today we had what was suppose to be a quiet, easy day but anyone who really needs THAT photograph knows you will go to great lengths to get it. So we saw this seascape from a distance and I had to go to it. My DW called me all sorts of names (mad, insane, cuckoo) but she did come with me. So this is her pic of me getting back up the top:
[Bonesmart.org] Bill's Bionic Breakdown

But in my defense - here is the scene I walked all that way for:
[Bonesmart.org] Bill's Bionic Breakdown
 
@fulafoto I would have done exactly the same to get a beautiful shot like that! And happy 6-week post-op anniversary too!
 
@fulafoto , That is definitely a picture worth framing and a 1000 memories! I have had such a craving for a road trip this summer with my husband but will have to wait for now. :)
 
thank you @GabsJL and the same hearty congratulations to you too on our anniversaries :)
Thank you @Carriemay60 - yes we too love road trips and with only two days left until we hit home we are already working on our next one!
Yes @Jaycey ankle brace was on for a couple of days but it seems to be healing well now with little pain thanks :)
 
I think we are going to have to wrap you in bubble wrap Bill, @fulafoto - glad to read your ankle is improving.. safe traveling xx
 
Thanks @Poppet and yes bubble wrap sounds good although I have managed to stay injury free for a couple of days now which is miraculous! I must say I am looking forward to getting home though, both DW and I can hear our recliners calling our names :)
 
Absolutely... That is a huge trip - well done you xx
 
Hey Buddy, just checking in on you, you look amazing! So wonderful to hear how well you are doing, the photographs are breathtaking. Wishing you continued good fortune in your recovery. Love ya.
 
Bill, what a gorgeous shot! Just had to tell you. Seems like you're doing so well -- a few bumps in the road -- but just great. You've been an inspiration to many newbies as well as recoverers, & a wonderfully supportive Bonesmartie. Sending hugs.
 
What a fabulous photo...certainly worth the walk Bill...so glad you have both enjoyed your road trip....bet this time last year you didn't expect you to do that with your new hip!! Hope you have safe journey home to those recliners!!! Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks @Poppet - Yes back home now after our huge trip. We ended up driving through Saturday night to get home - about 800 kilometres or 500 miles and got home at 1am in the morning. Slept very well for most of Sunday. Thank you so much Roseann @GaRosehippy - recovery has been going pretty well and I have very few complaints at all xx
Thank you so much Ellen @shrinkette - I do like to try and offer support where I can to the fantastic members here and yes what is life without the occasional bump in the road LOL!
Oh the recliners Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny - even getting home at 1am my first stop was my trusty recliner before going to bed. Still appreciating it sooooo much :)
 
Gosh that's a long drive! I'm still in awe as to how vast Australia is. I hope you've been able to relax today and catch your breath! Did you neck ease after? I hope the ankle didn't hold you back but the pic was spectacular. ..so the pain was probably worth it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom