THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
happy holidays @beachgal . you have a great way of expressing gratitude. it's so true. i always say that it's such a gift to have something that can be fixed ! not everyone is so lucky. enjoy all your sojourns. devorah
 
@beachgal

Thanks for the very special birthday wishes! Hope your birthday was fabulous as well! Love the pic you posted!

:merryx::treestar:
Have a great holiday season.

Cheryl
 
[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!


Merriest of Christmases to you! We love you all!
David, Jennifer, and Banjo


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@beachgal

Jennifer

You must be getting so excited for your upcoming trip to Paris not to mention walking with DB while there! Take lots of pics and have a cafe au lait et un pain du chocolat pour moi!

Hope Santa was good to you as you deserve it! Thanks for all. Your support during my recovery this Fall!

Hugs

Cheryl:tree lights::box:
 
What a great photo. You are a handsome couple and Banjo is gorgeous. I am on my 4th Golden. Such good natured, gentle souls. Happy New Year. Happy New Hip.
 
Lovely photo of you all @beachgal.....enjoy Paris...such a lovely place & great good too. Happy New Year to you xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
We're spending our New Year's holidays at our Jackson area home, back in my recovery place, surrounded by all the comforts and memories of the past six months. I'm in my recliner with Mozart playing and the traditional food ready for dinner. I wake up everyday in disbelief that I have zero hip pain. Our passports are out and a little stash of euros are ready. So, this is for all of us, pre or post THR!

[Bonesmart.org] JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So glad to read that you're doing so well. THR is such a blessing! Have a great time on your trip!
 
Ah Paris! So wonderful . . . achieving the goals we set before us . . . hope it is all you dream of!

Do we count "sleeps" until this wonderful goal . . . like about 23?
 
A bit off topic but I'd appreciate prayers for hubby as he is being evaluated for sleep apnea. This is not a difficult process compared to THR but he is having trouble finding the right mask for the CPAP machine. We both desperately need a good night's sleep!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Paris update: Probably not going!
O. M. G. Hubby and I are both sick with the flu/upper chest crud and I'm sure the airline passengers would rather us not share this mess with them. We're still a week away but nowhere near getting well.

My heart goes out to all the people affected by the recent events in France, Belgium, etc. I've thought about JLGabs from this forum and prayed for her safety.

Hip still doing fine. Stairs still my nemesis. I miss you all. BS saved me.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @beachgal. Haven't been on here in ages but I remembered you were planning a trip to Paris this month. Very sorry to learn both you and your hubby are sick and that you will probably be canceling your trip. Was hoping to meet you and have a drink to celebrate our new hips!
The last few months have been very stressful and the new year is starting out even worse. My bipolar "bf" who is unmedicated and a commitmentphobe brone up yet again (the 8th or 9th time in 4 years...hard to keep track anymore) and is being a completely unreasonable and insufferable butt. Can't put up with beong treated like a doormat anymore, so this time is going to be the final brdakup. Probably will never get my things back from his place, because he refuses to see me and is surely back to chatti g with his collection of pathetic trashy women on FB. My mother is having open-heart surgery in February so I will be going to Chicago. Started an absolutely horrible job and now need to figure out how to get out of there before February...lots more but I'll spare you the gory details lol..
As for the terrorist attack on Charlie Hebdo, it was literally 3 minutes from my flat. Even worse, I was heading out for a job interview at just that moment, and was planning to take the metro and exactly the stop Richard Lenoir. For some reason, changed my mind at the last minute and called a taxi. The driver was the one who told me about the shooting and he was shaking. What a horror, I had chills running down my spine. And then Friday at the kosher supermarket...not as close to my flat but still not far ..
But despite all of this, my hip is still pain-free but if this stress continues, My left knee is starting to hurt and sometimes the unoperated hip as well. Just hope I won't need more surgery this year.
Get well soon and keep le posted on your trip. Hugs
 
@beachgal

Sorry to hear you and DH aren't feeling well. Yes given the situation in France combined with illness, you two should stay home and recouperating. Liquids and more liquids.....watch carefully for the pneumonia ! Hope you are feeling well soon.

Glad to read despite a horrible start to 2015, @GabsJL was not harmed in the events.

Take care

Cheryl
 
@beachgal

So sorry you and hubby are sick and so sorry regarding all other circumstances too. It must be so very disappointing and frustrating. As you know I have been very concerned for you guys and you have been on my mind a lot. Prayed you would make the right choice, just sorry it came to this. Maybe something is telling you to postpone till another time?

I'm sure you will have that dream trip, wether it's now or later. But you have your new, pain free hip to keep your spirits up. I know that makes my day, every day!

I really feel for those effected by recent events and pray for peace for them.........

Feel better real soon and keep your friends here updated. Once a bone smart friend, always a friend!

Take care, Rhonda



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@GabsJL, so relieved to hear you're safe, equally sorry that we won't be meeting this month for that champagne toast! We will go...just not right now...so I'll definitely keep you posted as to our rescheduling. We love Paris, no doubt how special a place it is for us, and we want those wonderful feelings of that magical city to be preserved. Another time for a memorable trip. Best wishes to your Mom on her pending heart surgery. My BIL had aortic valve replacement surgery just before Christmas and is doing really well. It will make her recovery so much better having you nearby.

@CanukTriMom, yeh, the way all this is lining up, we need to stay home and get well. I had the pneumonia shot before Christmas but this feels like the usual sinus infection with a few flu symptoms thrown in to keep me guessing. Water is my friend.

@Rhonda K, the right decision has been made. We both are fine with postponing the trip again. Disappointed? Of course, but "we'll always have Paris"...haha We realized that, in addition to putting our health in danger, we'd be causing a lot of worry and stress for our loved ones...not fair to them. So, we'll figure something out.

@Carriemay60, I know you are not frequenting this board much anymore, but I hope you are progressing and doing well. You had so much more to overcome that most of us, my prayer every night still includes you, and all of my BSmarties...you are my family in a way only you would understand.

Hugs to you all from a beautiful, sunny, warm (70 degrees) day in south Mississippi,
JB
 
So sorry you have to postpone your trip. But probably best to stay in the warm climate for now. It's quite cold on this side of the pond!
 
Just cleared my first airport security with new hip! Had my trusty card and a copy of my most recent X-ray. No problem. In fact, I didn't even have to remove my shoes!
Oh, almost forgot! Six months ago today, I was just out of THR surgery. What a miracle!!

More later!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Have a wonderful time! Have a safe trip and give that new hip a workout!,,,,will be waiting for updates can't wait to hear about all your adventures!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom