Recent content by Bodie’sMom

  1. Bodie’sMom

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Hi Reanda, so sorry, you are going through this. Glad you are pushing for an x-ray. Really hope you get some answers tomorrow. Will be thinking of you:)
  2. Bodie’sMom

    THR Surgery October 25, back to living!

    4 month update time:driver: Sooo happy, I decided to go slow and not work full time right away! After almost 2 weeks of 4 hour days and a 5 hour day today, I feel ready to work full time next week! I feel stronger every day and have had no issues doing my job, thank goodness! I am achy, tired...
  3. Bodie’sMom

    THR Setback at week 6

    That was good timing Loulou! We had so much rain and it got really cold today, so ice is really bad. Nowhere to walk safely:sigh: My lower back bothered me too, for a bit too, as I got more active, until it got stronger. Aleve and a heating pad helped. Hope you feel better and can enjoy the...
  4. Bodie’sMom

    THR Equestrian's recovery with Ehlers Danlos

    So happy you are doing well! I really felt wonky too. Even at 12 weeks, I complained to my surgeon, at my follow up. She said, I still had a lean, to the right. It was so instinctual, to try and protect that hip. I don’t notice it, at all now though.
  5. Bodie’sMom

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Reanda, don’t sweat it, too much. It could be anything. I bugged mine, just by getting out of my car 2 weeks ago! Couldn’t figure that one out. I just iced, took it easy for the weekend and was fine by Monday. Just ease yourself back into it, when you feel up to it. Not a setback-just a hiccup :)
  6. Bodie’sMom

    THR Liquorqueen Pre Op Journey

    Hi @Liquorqueen Honestly, that horrible arthritic pain, that I’d been dealing with for years, was gone right away, after surgery. All I felt was, relief! To me, it just felt like a healing ache and it wasn’t bad. As long as I took my meds, on schedule, ice and just got up, to go to the...
  7. Bodie’sMom

    THR thr recovery

    Totally feel for you! Sorry, I don’t remember what procedure you had-I had a lateral (side) and was told, I could sleep on my side right away. I did for the first few days, but, I had to go to my back, as it was too uncomfortable. By 2 weeks, I was fine. Might be worth a phone call, if your...
  8. Bodie’sMom

    THR Moxies January THR

    Oh Moxee!! You sound like one gutsy lady! I can’t even imagine, the agony you must have, gone through… Hope everyone else, was ok, from the accident. How are you doing now, after your hip surgery? Did your operated knee, get affected by your fall? Wishing you a quick and uneventful recovery :)
  9. Bodie’sMom

    THR Equestrian's recovery with Ehlers Danlos

    That ice machine, will make such a difference! Don’t know, why I didn’t think of that, as we used something similar, on the racehorses, all the time. I bruise really easily too and it took a few days. By day 6, I was quite colourful! Hope your thigh pain gets better today :)
  10. Bodie’sMom

    THR thr recovery

    You will feel so much better, when you get home! Laying on your back, trying to sleep, is the worst-ugh. It helped me too, to mark off the days-one more day down! It actually went quicker, than I thought! It only gets better from here :)
  11. Bodie’sMom

    THR Equestrian's recovery with Ehlers Danlos

    Yikes! So glad you are ok. Hope they were able to get ahold of the surgeon and get your blood pressure back up. Wishing you a peaceful and restful night:)
  12. Bodie’sMom

    THR Reanda on the other side!

    Hi @Reanda wooohooo:cheers: I know what you mean-I was the same way! Way to go with the socks and bath! I’ve used a sock puller for so long and still nervous, about giving it up. Enjoy your countryside walks! I am so jealous of your weather. So much snow on the ground here and we are in for a...
  13. Bodie’sMom

    THR Equestrian's journey to a new hip with hEDS

    That is awesome!! Wake up and gooooo!! Sorry your hubby can‘t come in, but so happy you don’t have to wait long. Hope tomorrow is just a blur and prayers for a quick recovery :)
  14. Bodie’sMom

    THR Time off work.

    Wanted to add my best wishes as well! Will be thinking of you tomorrow :)
  15. Bodie’sMom

    THR Pre-surgery quarantine?

    I’ve only had 5 surgeries, 2 being c-sections with epidurals, 2 generals and last a spinal for my hip. I was told, a spinal was much easier to give than an epidural, technically wise, with a much smaller, thinner needle. I had a hard time after general anaesthetic. Even though my spinal wore off...
Back
Top Bottom