Guest viewing is limited

THR Time off work.

We all recover at a different pace but if you take it slow and easy at the beginning of your recovery, it should go really well for you.
With both of my THR’s I returned to work- part time- at 8 weeks.
I am in my feet a lot and planned on doing nothing else other than work for the first week or so.. Naps are helpful, when you can grab one, even if it means slipping out to your car to sleep.
I’m optimistic that you will do fine at 10 weeks but maybe have a back up plan in case you decide you need more time.
just don’t try to hurry things along in the first few weeks… you’ll just find yourself in the ODIC - overdid it club- and then you’ll be playing catch up!
Your kids are at a great age to help! I bet you will appreciate them being around and also appreciate the quiet days, too. :heehee:
 
Thanks for the advice, cricket hip. Much appreciated. :)
 
Wishing you well and a big scoop of peace of mind as you get ready for Wednesday!

Before and after my first THR, listening to guided imagery was very helpful for me. There's a bunch of excellent practices from healthjourneys.com, including one specific to preparing for surgery, available on a kaiser website that anyone can access (non-members need to download rather than stream). kp.org/listen

Be well!
 
:wave:
Today is the day you take the first step to begin to get your life back.
I am so thankful to have had this surgery and back to a happy painfree life.:egypdance:

See you on The Healing Side.
 
Thanks for vote of confidence mojo333.
My lthr op is tomorrow afternoon. One more day to go. Am feeling bit anxious today, so your :) message has cheered me up. Many thanks.
 
Oops...:blush:
Well, glad I was early rather than late.:) :-) (:

I understand the anxiety, for sure.
I also was so tired of being tired...and feeling old before my time.
Early days post-op feeling vulnerable, with the walker and added help needed, didn't help that feeling much....

All Temporary became my mantra.
Never have regretted it.

You've got this.
 
Oh yeah, I remember the day before surgery. My mind went brain: just one thing on it--that upcoming surgery.

I was positively psyched and of course a bit scared--but very clear this was the right step. And actually proud of myself for taking that step.
 
Stopping by to wish you blessings for a smooth, uneventful surgery with a good, pain controlled recovery. There can be a lot of anxiety. We feel that vulnerability. My surgery was also in the afternoon so I had all morning to stew. I tried to keep busy and concentrate on the positives. They’ll keep you pretty busy beforehand in pre-op which helps. Let the nurses know how you’re feeling and let them do what they do best: take good care of you. Get some rest if you can. See you on the healing side!
 
Hi @Giddsy1 wishing you all the best for your operation tomorrow.
I'm coming up to 5 weeks post left hip replacement and roughly the same age, turn 48 on Thursday and having the operation has already given me a new lease of life.
Before this, the thought of going out for a walk round the block filled me full of dread as I knew I would be in agony when I got back. Now I look forward to my morning walk every day even with my crutches. It was the one thing I missed the most, just putting on my headphones and heading out into the fresh air and now I have that back.
All the anxiety before the operation and the discomfort for a few weeks after will all be worth it in the end.
Take care and hear from you on the other side.
 
Hey, hey…tomorrow is your big day.
We understand it can produce some anxiety, but look at it this way, you’re all the closer to finally having surgery behind you and beginning your recovery. They normally keep you pretty busy pre-op. Often the surgeon makes an appearance, a flurry of medical staff, or so it seems, possibly the anesthesiologist. The medical professionals keep it light and you have a sense of humor so I’m sure you’ll get along fabulously with them. While it’s a big day for you, it’s just another Wednesday for them, doing what they’ve been trained to do and what they do best. Everyone working together for a perfect outcome. You’ll be in good hands and I’m sure you’ll do very well. We’ll be thinking of you and Polarice, ready to cheer you both on once you’re resting comfortably with pain well managed and you feel up to sharing an update. I hope you get some sleep tonight.
See you on the bright side soon!
@Giddsy1
 
@Giddsy1 wanted to add my good thoughts for your surgery tomorrow. This is the start of a while new way of life. Layla's right, they try to keep you busy and your mind occupied so you don't fret too much and most do keep it light. I was joking and laughing with the two gals that were wheeling me back to the OR. Look forward to seeing you on the recovery side! :ok:
 
Hi @Giddsy1 wishing you all the best for your operation tomorrow.
I'm coming up to 5 weeks post left hip replacement and roughly the same age, turn 48 on Thursday and having the operation has already given me a new lease of life.
Before this, the thought of going out for a walk round the block filled me full of dread as I knew I would be in agony when I got back. Now I look forward to my morning walk every day even with my crutches. It was the one thing I missed the most, just putting on my headphones and heading out into the fresh air and now I have that back.
All the anxiety before the operation and the discomfort for a few weeks after will all be worth it in the end.
Take care and hear from you on the other side.
Thanks for the information vespa mod much appreciated and very helpful. if I don't spk sooner have a fantastic birthday tomorrow, I am to go into surgery in the next few hrs.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom