Recent content by BLAKQUEEN

  1. BLAKQUEEN

    Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

    Jacky glad all is going well for you. Congrads on the driving ang weight loss. I also started driving still not going too far, but I have been doing a little more. I took my granddaughters to the circus last Friday, I was in so much pain sitting under the big top, I couldn't wait to get home...
  2. BLAKQUEEN

    PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

    Wow BJ sorry about your fall, hope your feeling better. I know what you mean about bending your knee, I stepped off the curb on Monday and bent my knee back fast and hard. It really seem that I just stepped down, but some kind of way it bent wrong and the pain was horrible. My PT thinks that...
  3. BLAKQUEEN

    Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

    Hi Janet glad your vacation is going so well, continue to enjoy yourself and play safe. Kim
  4. BLAKQUEEN

    Bilateral TKR Blakqueen's recovery

    So my script for therapy states that my left knee need aggressive therapy, really :skep:. My left knee ROM is only about 85 and has been for a while, my rt is 115. So yes we need to work on it but not push it. My therapist has been good so far not to push past what I can do. So I tried to...
  5. BLAKQUEEN

    Bilateral TKR Blakqueen's recovery

    Hi All hope all of you are well, I have caught up on a few threads so I guess I need to catch up on mine. bout ten days ago I went out for my usual afternoon/evening walk, which is anywhere depending on the elements/temp from a 1/4 to 3/4 of a mile. When I returned home my rt leg was in soooo...
  6. BLAKQUEEN

    Bilateral TKR Michael Reed's Recovery

    Hi Michael just catching up on your thread. Your doing great I also was told that I was too young, that went on for a while, by 48yrs old I had enough, so after my 49th birthday I had my btkr. I too am having trouble with my left leg, having a ROM of only 85 this at 9 weeks, so I am being...
  7. BLAKQUEEN

    How do you get up from the ground?

    Hi all and thanks Chris for I have wonder that very thing. Before reading this post I had to get down on the floor for the first time, it has been 9weeks and I got up pretty much the way Chris discribed, not once did I use my knees but a lot of arm and quad muscles to get to a standing...
  8. BLAKQUEEN

    Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

    Hi Janet just catching up on your thread. You are doing great, I haven't driven yet brave girl!!!! I did go to an amusement park on Saturday, it was crazy, way too much walking, way too hot, wave pool was great and grandchildren, family wew happy. Happy belated birthday and have a great...
  9. BLAKQUEEN

    Having BTKR surgery July 11, 2012 "Looking for support"

    Guys I hope everything is OK it has been way to long not to have heard a word. I hope your are just resting Brave. Kim
  10. BLAKQUEEN

    Bilateral TKR Blakqueen's recovery

    Thanks for your support guys, I am worried about outpatient PT, which by the way I have to wait for them to call due to the fact that I need to be picked up and the facility has to coordinate the ride with the appt. So my doc wrote for more aggressive PT on my left knee. Trust and believe I am...
  11. BLAKQUEEN

    PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

    BJ stop thinking about everything, let it all go!!! I am up took lately, too muck on my mind!!!!! We need to all relax and let our bodies heal. I know that you have a lot on your plate, but you have to find a way to just let it go, so that you can rest. ((((hugs)))) Kim
  12. BLAKQUEEN

    Bilateral TKR Blakqueen's recovery

    Hi all had a really big day on Thursday. In the city which is an hour and half from my mom's to go to 3 doctors appointments first my pcp, then the rehab doctor and finally my OS. First appt was quick, then down to the hospital to see the other docs, well my first appt there was at 1:15 we...
  13. BLAKQUEEN

    What age were you when you got your Knee surgery?

    Hi I needed mind done for years, my OS thought I was too young also. I did try to hold out for a while, but my quality of life was not were I wanted it to be at 48yrs old. After falling Feb. that was it I was falling alll the time, I told my doc it was time. I scheduled my surgery the week...
  14. BLAKQUEEN

    Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

    Hi Janet, I had the same thing happen to me last week when I sat in my mother's car, which sits low. I sat too fast and felt something rip in my left knee, witch is the one that doesn't bend that well ROM 8. My knee swell instantly and remind stiff for two days, I also believe that it was...
  15. BLAKQUEEN

    Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

    Janet sound like a great party, glad you were able to participate. hope you get your meds right. I found out that pertcosets come in caplet or caps forrm in the 5/500 strengh which I have. I having trouble with night and first thing in morning pain/ discomfort, I'm going to try the Ultrams in...
Back
Top Bottom