Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Judy and Janet! I was more excite about the BP being normal, that always scared me but I know the pain I was dealing with had a big play in it. I never even concentrated on the weight thingy, but every time I hit a new low on the scale my husband worried that something else was wrong, I kept saying to him "Please don't look a gift horse in the mouth!". :yes!:

Yes, all the above and two brand new shiney knees! :yahoo:
 
Yep, you are one lucky and awesome lady, our dear Jacky. You have done amazingly well in every way :bow: But of course you deserve nothing but the best :thumb:

Kathy
xx
 
Thanks Kathy, you're so kind! Elevated BP scared the "blank" out of me because I have 2 sisters and 1 brother that had strokes and I really didn't want to get in line for that one! :scary: I was taking 4 pills of one med and 2 pills of another med and still the BP was haywire! Now I only take 1 of each at night and my BP is steady at what it was in my 30's 120/78 was what the doc got! I couldn't have been happier, cause usually in doctor's offices I'm usually at 190/110, they always got scared, but I always got scareder, if I could make up my own word! :shocked:
As for the weight loss, I'll hold my breath for that one and hope it stays off! :shrug:
 
Well, I figured the weight loss took care of the BP. That's what I'm wishing for. My bP has been lower since surgery, probably because i had less blood left. Not sure if it's all come back or not.
 
You're probably right Janet, weight loss is a big factor. After surgery I was getting in the 70's/50's talk about being lightheaded, but we kept lowering my meds and it stabilized. Then I came home and got of the narcotics and it went up again, so I played with my meds and found the right combo that kept it consistent. Thank god! :angel:
Hopefully your will come back to normal! :friends:
 
Yes KayeKaye, I'm glad it's figured out too! I happy that your tooth is feeling better and I hope all goes well with the next one!:thumb:
 
Jacky glad all is going well for you. Congrads on the driving ang weight loss. I also started driving still not going too far, but I have been doing a little more. I took my granddaughters to the circus last Friday, I was in so much pain sitting under the big top, I couldn't wait to get home and medicate. So although we are in our 10 th week I still tire easily. So good for you.
Kim
 
Yep Janet, Jacky has been so sweet! She hopped on a plane the other day and finished 2 of my thesis papers for me (without me even seeing her!). I think she has superpowers! :happydance: I know one thing, y'all make me smile! :)
 
Just dropping in to say I hope you and the kids, Minnie and Mickey, have had a good day. Take care and have a good night.
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Jacky, have you gone into hiding? Are you worried that the covert ops you did for me will get you in trouble? Don't worry, I will keep it "our little secret!" However you do realize that you might miss out on the chance of the winter Chippendale trip! I would call it a ski trip, but since you are just planning to roast with one of the Chippendales under a large blanket, that could hardly qualify as skiing! :rotfl:
 
Thanks for checking in Judy, very sweet of you since you have your own plate full.:friends:I spent a lot of time last week cleaning house and preparing food for Friday night dinner and a stay over for my husband's brother and his wife. WOW, I can't believe how whipped I get almost 3 months after my surgery! I feel great because I don't have knee pain, but my body says, hey hold on big girl step back and take it easy!!!!:bow: Every day when I wake up I have less and less soreness so that's a good sign!:thumb:
Oh by the way did I tell you all that I love my new knees?!:yes!:

Sweet dreams Judy!:sleep:
 
Jacky, have you gone into hiding? Are you worried that the covert ops you did for me will get you in trouble? Don't worry, I will keep it "our little secret!" However you do realize that you might miss out on the chance of the winter Chippendale trip! I would call it a ski trip, but since you are just planning to roast with one of the Chippendales under a large blanket, that could hardly qualify as skiing! :rotfl:
OOOh, you are such a bad girl sister Sonja and as you know we are identical are we not?! And, as far as I know No one mentioned a blanket and I wouldn't miss it for the world! Skiing is for amateurs, I can go down hill on a whim, especially with ONE Chippendale!:loll:Thanks for the wake up call!

I hope you are feeling better and that your meds are straightened out or I will have to take the plane out there and cause havoc!:hissy:
 
Well, we have decided to go ahead and pay the 94.00 dollars for this time because I am out again and that way Pat can work on the insurance when he returns from Wyoming. Now Jacky I know you can go down a hill with a Chippendale, but we are talking about skiing! Not the two of you snuggling together as you continue to ride the ski lift around and around!:happydance: You know we may be identical, but I think you got the mischievous genes!:rotfl:
 
I'm glad you got your meds, for now at lest!:thumb: Of course I meant going down a hill skiing, what are you eluding to sis? Certainly you don't think I meant something else, do you?!:skep:
The mischievous genes?:heehee: Well since you got all the brains :bow:. I suppose I had to develope a personality of my own, however you do have some of that mischief yourself, but yours keeps getting you in trouble, so I suggest you stick with the brain part, you brainiac!:friends:
 
I woke up the other night and couldn't believe the pinching, burning feeling Minnie was experiencing! I thought OMG this is going to last all night, to my amazement it lasted maybe 3-5 minutes at most! Ahhhhh, thank god! The burning sensation was a lot like plucking a upper lip hair to close to your nose! Not that I know what that feels like, I heard say!!! :heehee:
Why does hair grow where it's not suppose to! :skep:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom