PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Oh, kneeper, thank you for my laugh of the day. This really tickled my funny bone. My hubby thought I was losing it!
 
I wish---then I would still have a bag of intact berries. For some reason, I fell right on my face!! K
 
Thanks Jane, I sure do hope to be able to be out on the slopes this winter, and hopefully even snowboarding. I meet with my personal trainer tomorrow morning to learn my new workout program. I do hope that I can work into this new workout program without overdoing it. :dancy:
 
Good luck BJ! I'm sure you will do well! I am going to see my Personal Trainer on Wed hopefully. Tomorrow is full with PT and finishing my portfolio. I have finished all of the other assignments, just have this one, and I will be finished! :happydance:
 
Hey BJ and Huckelberry Kelly,

I'm glad to hear that you are both OK. In some way I think your falls tell us something positive about your recovery.... You are forgetting to think about your knees. Kelly you even jumped over a tree without thinking! How wonderful that your minds have forgotten that your knees are new!

ChrisO
 
Kelly, yes, my quad is still weak. I do not think that it gave out, but I am not sure. It was weird because I suddenly found myself on the concrete.

With all your activities and skill if your quad is weak I'm not holding out much hope for mine. I have been exercising but not nearly enough. I better get back to it...
:wink:

Hope things are going well for you.
 
Kaye, When I say that my quad is weak, it is relative. I am comparing myself to myself and 9 years ago I was competing nationally and teaching Taekwondo, this past winter I was teaching snowboarding. My quad is weak. I am not back to doing all the things that I can do. I can walk and go up and down steps. The biggest thing that I have trouble with at this point is standing for any length of time at all. When I stand, I swell and hurt. Also when I bike I swell...
 
Wow BJ sorry about your fall, hope your feeling better. I know what you mean about bending your knee, I stepped off the curb on Monday and bent my knee back fast and hard. It really seem that I just stepped down, but some kind of way it bent wrong and the pain was horrible. My PT thinks that it was just some adhedsions breaking away, I don't know my knee dosen't bend as much as it did before. I have been doing my excerises and my left knee js way to painful to bend, so I will be discussing my ROM with my PT tomorrow at therapy. And yes I have been icing and elevating it.
Kim
 
Thanks Kim, I have been going like crazy and am tired and sore. I went to the Chiropractor today to get everything straightened up, so that should help. I do hope that you get that ROM back up to where it was, and I hope that you are feeling better and didn't hurt yourself tooo much either. Hang in there!
 
Both you ladies please take care---and lets all go to bed and get a good night's sleep---we'll all feel better for it. Night all.
 
I have a tooth that is bothering me and I am afraid to go to the dentist, cause I am concerned about infection.
 
I have a tooth that is bothering me and I am afraid to go to the dentist, cause I am concerned about infection.

Call either your OS or your dentist and ask for antibotics. Then get to the dentist!
 
Seems like exactly the reason to get to the dentist.
 
Well, I went to the dentist. He said that my bite was really hard on that part of my tooth. He did exrays and didn't find anything. There are two fillings in that tooth, but he ground down the filling because he said there was a shiny spot where my bite was wearing on it. He is hopeful that that is all it will take. He also said that if it is still bothering me in a week he will have to remove the fillings and put a crown on it. I sure hope that it is going to be ok without all of that.
 
Glad you went to the dentist and had it taken care of. Not the type of thing to let go so if it bothers you again, get back into the dentist. Pronto! That's an order. :)
 
Yes ma'am! :) Tooth ache is not something to let go. I guess I have just been a bit anxious about infection given Jancat's recent experience. I am glad that I went to the dentist and it seems to be feeling a bit better.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom