PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

BJ,
As we all know depression and anxiety come along with this surgery, and sleeplessnes is a sign of that. Please don't take this as me saying you are depressed or anxious. But it might be related. I know I suffer from these things at different points in my life and I have been prescribe Remeron for the sleeping problem, you might want to talk with your GP about it. I too had the things constantly running thru my head all night long and the sleep depervation was terrible and compounding the situation. But from the first dose that I took it stopped, did not make me feel dopey just kind of mellowed me out,, and it helped the constant thoughts I couldn't get over on my own.
 
Rose, I need Remeron for my Hubby! He can't sleep at night which in turn means I can't sleep at night! He tosses and turns and I told him there has to be something out there to help him with the constant thoughts!
 
Roy, nice that you do not understand the not sleeping problem. :yay: Excellent for you!! I wish that I could claim that.

Sonja, I have used a sleeping mask in the past and they are wonderful, but now I have some really great black out drapes, so it isn't the light. Good thought though...

Phoenixx, you are sooo right that I could use a day of pampering. I had a massage yesterday and then got right back to work... I do need to stop and rest and quiet my brain.
 
Phoenixx and Rose, I am taking Ambien and not so sure how much it helps, but wine may be a bad combination. Maybe if it doesn't help more I should call my GP again and ask for a change... I have also heard that warm milk can help, but hot chocolate can have caffein and I KNOW that that keeps me up... btw, my one son got me a Dr. Pepper for dinner and I said thanks I love that, but can't drink it this late in the day or I won't sleep for sure.
 
Today my knee hurt soooo bad that even my ankle hurt and I cried... :cry: I am icing and elevating again (I did it several times this afternoon) It hurts to walk, evidently Knee is telling me not to walk...
 
I was reading somewhere last evening (forgot to bookmark it) that some pain meds can cause sleeping problems...just a thought I am throwing into the mix.
T.:sos:
 
Well that would really be horrid!!! I am only taking Advil, sometimes Tylenol and the Ambien at night. I hope that they are not fighting each other. :gaah:
 
That would be horrible wouldn't it? Maybe its better you don't sleep while taking Ambien...I have heard some strange stories about what some people do when they take it...lol! Read a really boring book and be determined to stay awake, maybe reverse psychology with yourself may work...:whistle:
 
I looked at one of those drug interaction sites and it didn't show any interactions between those drugs.
(https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php) You can list all the drugs you're taking to see if anything interacts.
Are you using a cane to walk, that would take some of the weight off your knee. A walker would take off even more. I finally packed my walker away & know how hard it would be for me to take it back out again but it may help and it's only temporary. Would your doctor give you something a bit stronger than Tylenol to get you through this?
 
T, thanks! :loll: Reverse Psychology, Nice!!! I can fall asleep with the Ambien, just trouble sleeping more than 5 hours although I got 6 last night. I think that I hurt my ankle or knee today though and can't put weight on it without great pain. I may have to call my Chiroprator at home tomorrow. :(

MG, thanks for checking the list for me. I did have my daughter go down to the storage room and get my crutches back out. I still have leftover Percocet, but I took Tylenol not too long ago and can't take the Percocet now...
 
Being the wimp that I am I'd go back to Percocet whent he Tylenol wears off. I don't handle pain well at all.
Although at this rate I'm going to beat the pants off you on the slopes! [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
Well, today I would have to choose fireside with ice and elevation even if it was boarding season. It really really hurts... I will take the percocet in a few hours if I am still lying here hurting like this. Gonna put my sweatshirt back on and get my ice again now. Then I will take my Ambien and maybe fall asleep in spite of it all, although I cannot imagine sleep coming tonight. :cry:
 
I'm really sorry you're hurting. I hope you can get some sleep tonight and things look (&feel) much better in the morning.:console2:
 
BJ stop thinking about everything, let it all go!!! I am up took lately, too muck on my mind!!!!! We need to all relax and let our bodies heal. I know that you have a lot on your plate, but you have to find a way to just let it go, so that you can rest. ((((hugs))))
Kim
 
BJ, I've had my mind racing when I wake this week as well. Have begun to take tylenol PM and while it doesn't let me sleep for seven hours, I've gotten more than the four I was getting for a while. Good luck figuring this out. Let me know what ends up working. I have complete confidence one of the things you choose will. Oh, and a while back I took Lexapro for mild depression. I slept much better than I had before, so I do think anxiety or depression can increase sleeplessness...but hey, so can PAIN! Good luck. Jane
 
Hey Jane, I am glad that you are getting some sleep and hope that your mind stops racing and you can sleep even better.
 
I saw my Chiropractor this morning and it turned out that my ankle was a bit twisted and it was affecting my whole leg. He straightened me out and then my son, who drove me, took me out for Starbucks. I am resting, icing and elevating right now and then off to my daughter's best friend's graduation party next door. I will be able to sit whenever, so that is good.
 
Well it must be contageous, I could not sleep last night. I was thinking of you while watching the clock at 3am :yawn:
I hope your leg is feeling better, you had a good time at the party and that we both get a good nights sleep :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom