Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can practice that from the couch if you use tins of food as pedals
 
Janet, I came up with a thought for you! Fly down to TX and just start driving. No one would notice any difference with all the crazy drivers we have here! :rotfl:

Myself excluded of course! :)
 
Great idea Janet, I will use you practicing tool as well! Although, I do like Sonja's idea of borrowing her mom for a small fee. I've been in a car with someone who drove like that and man your leg muscles are sore by the time you get to your destination! :groan:
Oh by the way Janet I like the idea of the "Knee Replacement Edition of Trivia"! After all the research and information gathering one does in preparation for knee replacements I'll bet you'd sell a lot of copies! So, maybe you should take Speccybecky's (Nancy) advice and come up with that new edition. :thumb:
 
I just want to thank you, and everyone here on the post op side, for making your journals and keeping it up. I rarely post because it's over my head but I have really learned a lot that I will be putting into practice sometime soon.
 
KayeKaye said:
I just want to thank you, and everyone here on the post op side, for making your journals and keeping it up. I rarely post because it's over my head but I have really learned a lot that I will be putting into practice sometime soon.

Your welcome, KayeKaye. When I was reading posts pre-op, they helped me in the exact same way!
 
My husband is one of those drivers that usually keep my leg muscles in shape, but in recent weeks it's been my right arm, from grabbing the door grip. In fact, I usually do most of the driving, that way we both get to relax! I need to be in good driving form before we go on vacation.
 
speccybecky said:
You can practice that from the couch if you use tins of food as pedals

That would work, although I find some things are easier or harder depending on the height of the seat, etc., so by doing it in the car, It will be just what I need for driving and I'll know what to expect.
 
More good news today! I've had a knot of scar tissue or something at the top of the incision on Elmo, which has been quite painful, and seems to be the stopper trying to get that knee to bend. The PT has been working on it, and showed me how to work on it. Suddenly today, instead of being an area about the size of a nickel, it's the size of a small pea! I'm so excited!

On a quirky subject, I'm typing on my iPad, and noticed the H has turned into a parenthesis. It turns into an H when I touch it, and types an H, but goes back to the Parenthesis. Just odd!
 
That is indeed odd about the iPad. The H is in the same spot as the parenthesis on the 123 keyboard. Have you tried shutting it down and restarting?
 
bassplayer said:
That is indeed odd about the iPad. The H is in the same spot as the parenthesis on the 123 keyboard. Have you tried shutting it down and restarting?

Not yet. That will probably fix it. Just odd, the things that these gizmos do sometimes!
 
We have a huge garden area behind our condo. It's longer than the entire four unit building and twice as deep. There is a creek that runs through it and paths running all through it. My next door neighbor does this all - it's her passion! I haven't been able to walk through it since early last year because of the little grassy hill to get into it, and the long paths of mulch. You can see where this is going. Today I walked all through the garden! I used the crutches to get to it, but was fine walking through it, even the paths that sloped up and down! It was such a pleasure!
 
Hi Janet, glad to hear that you're doing so well. I have been catching up on your thread, I do know what you mean about PT not paying attention to your pain when they want to bend your knee. My PT did that same exercise with you lying on your stomach and PT bending your leg with you not having any control. After PT telling me that he dose not want to see my pain face and he will look away when doing this exercise we decided that I would do it myself using my leg lift to pull my knee back. I did go out last Sat. to Walmart to get my script filled, after waiting a week to get it!!!! Well Walmart did not carry generic or name brand percoset nor did target or CVS it seems that here in NJ not inner city, the pharmacy do not carry strong pain killers. Target had to order them and I had to wait until Tuesday, I was shock when I received them because they were in cap form, not used to seeing this med like that I always have gotten them in tablet form. So that car ride in the heat was too much for me!!! I have been walking outside, up to three blocks and back with walker, will go out with cane. I do walk around the house with the cane and just by myself not too confident about outside. Janet you doing great!!!:yay:



Kim






















PT
 
Hi Kim, I hope you are sorted out with your meds. I hope you weren't out of pills while you waited a week for your new ones! Did they give you a reason that they were capsules? You just want to be confident of what you are taking. I haven't been out walking much. I suppose I should do a little more than I am. Continue to take care and do well!
 
Boy, an off day today. I had to resort to the anti nausea medication today, not sure why. I called my pharmacist and talked to her about my meds, my alternatives and how to go from one to another. I have tramadol, but have never taken it. Instead of the percocet this afternoon, I substituted 50mg of tramadol and extra strength tylenol. Lets see how that does and how I feel.

The kids are coming over for a Star Wars party. They want to watch Return of the Jedi, are coming in costume and bringing their Star Wars toys. I am wearing my robe over my clothes, have my "cane", and will be Yoda. If need be, Yoda will return to the cave and lay down.
 
Janet, sure hope you get your meds squared away and get rid of the nausea (so nasty).

The Star Wars party sounds like so much fun.What a great idea (had to be yours).I just smiled as I was reading your description of everyone in costume with toys and you as Yoda [Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012 . Yoda could also get on the sofa and elevate and ice during the movie!

Have a ball!
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
 
Janet, you sound like a fun grandma! These are great times you're creating with not only your kids but also your grand kids! :friends: When they need to go through what you are experiencing, and we and they know they are next in line, they will remember this strong woman named Janet, mom and/or grandma who grabbed the brass ring and came up on top! :thumb: Great for you! :)
 
The Star Wars party was a creation of the grandkids. When they came in, I Yoda shuffled out, said, " In you must come, Pizza you must eat!". The kids dissolved in delighted giggles - they totally got it! Yoda used the force to elevate the foot rest on the sofa, so we all stuck it out together, with a few light saber battles as we went. I enjoyed dinner, Kim made arugula, goat cheese and prosciutto pizza and fresh beet and mozzarella salad. It was so good! But I'm feeling queezy again tonight.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012
What fun!!!! Wish I had been invited--the pizza sounds delicious! (inventive grandkids--take after you--so it was kind of your idea)
 
Janet sound like a great party, glad you were able to participate. hope you get your meds right. I found out that pertcosets come in caplet or caps forrm in the 5/500 strengh which I have. I having trouble with night and first thing in morning pain/ discomfort, I'm going to try the Ultrams in the morning and the perts at night to see if I can get settled. This is only been a problem since I stopped the morphine which was time released. You are doing great keep up the great work hope you feel better soon.
Kim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom