Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what if you can't do Mt. Baldy... you can do cute summer sandals! Honestly we all know which one is better. Woo hoo for pedicures and pink toe nails!
Guys you just wouldn't understand...:wink:. ChrisO
 
It DID feel good! They use hot stones to massage the calves and soles of the feet! No pink here, but red to match my sandals! Got my brows waxed as well, and tomorrow will get my nails done. I'll have to break down and shave my legs!
 
I had my first post op pedicure today (no cutting) and it was completely comfortable. Wasn't sure when I'd be able to bend my knees enough. I remember a time when it was so painful to try to hold my knees up there bent!

Isn't it great Janet. I had my first one last week. It was going well until she moved the chair back when I wasn't expecting it. OUCh. I just had color and cut. No massage, etc as I. Am way too ticklish on a good day.
 
It DID feel good! They use hot stones to massage the calves and soles of the feet! No pink here, but red to match my sandals! Got my brows waxed as well, and tomorrow will get my nails done. I'll have to break down and shave my legs!

Oh, the shaving of the legs. I'm still using an electric razor. But really HAte to shave this lateral aspect of my knees as they are really, really, numb and it feels awful. I know, hard to explain if they are numb, how could it feel awful? It just does.
 
I've shaved once, and it was weird. I was just concerned that I would nick myself and not know in time. I bet it's the vibration of the electric razor that makes it feel bad. There's actually not much chance I'll nick myself as I use the blade heads with the lotion pads and all that.
 
That is something I have thought so much about, shaving my legs after TKR? How and when are you able to do it again?
 
I didn't ask, just did it. But it was after everything was very healed looking, and I could safely and comfortably reach my legs properly. I would have to look way back to see when it was. Maybe it was 4 weeks? But then, I don't shave my legs often anyway. I wouldn't use a cheap Bic that is likely to nick you.
 
Today is suppose to be day 1 of not shaving, but dang, I bought this nice dress for my 40th class reunion on Saturday and I lost 70 pounds and I will be darned if I am going to cover up with pants. So I will use a new razor with the gel pads that surround it. Still plenty of time (two weeks from today) for my fur to grow on my legs and the OS won't know I cheated by a couple days.
 
Hmmm, no one told me not to shave, so I never stopped. I do it every day. It has not been a problem, but I did wonder if I was supposed to not do it. I just didn't want to ask and find out I wasn't supposed to do it. :heehee:
 
:yikes: Yikes thats a lot of steps! I don't think I could have ever done that. Years ago I did 175 steps on a trail to the top of Diamond Head and I thought that was hard!

Have a great time on your vacation, you deserve it.
 
Today is suppose to be day 1 of not shaving, but dang, I bought this nice dress for my 40th class reunion on Saturday and I lost 70 pounds and I will be darned if I am going to cover up with pants. So I will use a new razor with the gel pads that surround it. Still plenty of time (two weeks from today) for my fur to grow on my legs and the OS won't know I cheated by a couple days.

I would definitely do it. Judy be careful. Have fun.
 
I've shaved once, and it was weird. I was just concerned that I would nick myself and not know in time. I bet it's the vibration of the electric razor that makes it feel bad. There's actually not much chance I'll nick myself as I use the blade heads with the lotion pads and all that.

Ah, I bet you are right. Never used an electric razor before. One day, about two week ago, I got the bright idea to sit on the edge of our spa tub (very deep) and swing my still sore legs into the tub to try and shave them the regular way. Knew it was a bad idea because I brought the phone with me in case I had to call someone foe help. Oh, it didn't go well. One leg got the worst razor burn I ever saw because I just couldn't reach it. It was like a 16 year old shaving her legs for the first time (or whatever age they shave their legs now). Not my smartest move. Will stick to the electric one for a few more weeks.
 
For those of you who get stir crazy like me and can't sit around, even early on - or need retail therapy - I wanted to pass along what I have been doing from about week four. To get exercise I will walk with a cart around the grocery store, target or Lowes. Or if I am really ambitious, I will walk for as long as I can with my crutches initially, now cane. If I get tired or stop after PT I might have so much fun and ride on of those awesome carts all the large stores now have. I never appreciated those carts until now. They are awesome. Oh, you need to plan your bladder schedule. Handicapped toilets, for the most part, DO NOT have the arms we all use. Yesterday, I was quite impressed with my Olympic gymnastic form when I had to use the bathroom at Target. Had the bars on opposite walls, but not on the toilet Was able to get the job doneAND not sit on the toilet seat (just can't do it). TG my arms are pretty strong.

Just some ideas. Gotta get ready for PT.

Have a great weekend everyone
 
Hmmm, no one told me not to shave, so I never stopped. I do it every day. It has not been a problem, but I did wonder if I was supposed to not do it. I just didn't want to ask and find out I wasn't supposed to do it. :heehee:

I stopped shaving.
 
So, a steps update. Those 282 steps were redone in recent years and now there are 302 steps! Hurray! More fun!!
 
Hi Janet just catching up on your thread. You are doing great, I haven't driven yet brave girl!!!! I did go to an amusement park on Saturday, it was crazy, way too much walking, way too hot, wave pool was great and grandchildren, family wew happy. Happy belated birthday and have a great vacation.
Kim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom