Recent content by Baybee

  1. Baybee

    THR 2 weeks post op....is it normal?

    @CricketHip I do mammography for a living so I guess my job is a little physical but when I started back I actually had to drive about an hour away to train new technologists is another town. Please take it easy and don't rush back to work until you feel ready.....best wishes for your continued...
  2. Baybee

    THR 2 weeks post op....is it normal?

    6 weeks post op tomorrow and had my second post op appointment today. I have been released from all restrictions and have been physically back to work for 3 weeks now. My hip has been feeling really good for the most part and although the surgeon told me today that I will need to have my left...
  3. Baybee

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    So very happy to see you safely on the other side! Rest and relax and let the healing begin! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Baybee

    The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait

    @ CricketHip Best wishes, positive vibes and many prayers being sent your way for your Big Day on Monday! Early times slots are so much nicer....less time being nervous! You will do wonderful and soon you and your new hip will be on the other side! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. Baybee

    Bilateral THR Doing the double!

    @ AndyH99 So happy to hear that your recovery is going well! It's so refreshing to see how you celebrate the small everyday victories and don't sweat the small stuff! Very inspiring! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. Baybee

    THR I'm on the other side and feeling really good

    @ PegGene I can totally relate to everything you are saying! It IS tough to not compare yourself and your recovery to other hippies here on BS. I literally find that I must remind myself of that every day. I have actually managed to somehow feel guilty about taking pain meds and I have to give...
  7. Baybee

    THR 2 weeks post op....is it normal?

    Had my third outpatient PT session today and discussed my groin pain. He told me to take it extra easy on my groin and if any of the exercises bother my groin then don't do them. He did some gentle stretching before I did my exercises and I actually felt better. I mentioned to my PT that I...
  8. Baybee

    THR On the mend

    @ 45goingon90 Here's hoping that you find some peace within yourself. Hang in there and remember that in time this too shall pass. Hugs and blessings! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. Baybee

    THR Mudbug's rehab

    @ Lady mudbug So happy you are doing so well!! Keep up the great recovery!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. Baybee

    Bilateral THR Doing the double!

    Thanks for the chuckle @ Nana757 and @ AndyH99!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. Baybee

    Anterior hip replacement with spinal anaesthesia or fully anaesthetized?

    I am 2 weeks post op and I had spinal anesthesia with sedation. In the past I have had terrible problems with post anesthesia nausea and vomiting and in preop I was telling everyone who walked in my room that I needed all the anti nausea they could give me! When they came in to start my spinal...
  12. Baybee

    THR 2 weeks post op....is it normal?

    I was 2 weeks post op yesterday. I have had only 2 rounds of outpatient PT due to last weekends holiday weekend and my therapist being out and then I had some tummy troubles. Ever since I had those 2 PT sessions I have had increased groin pain. I must admit to being a bad girl and not doing my...
  13. Baybee

    THR I'm on the other side and feeling really good

    Magnesium citrate is what they use as part of the bowel prep before a colonoscopy so it should work! Fingers crossed for you! Glad your hip is coming along. That first shower is heavenly but be careful you don't start to feel faint.....that happened to me. I'm 2 weeks post op today! Sent from...
  14. Baybee

    THR I'm on the other side and feeling really good

    Luckily for me constipation did not end up being a problem. Not sure if I helped myself but I did start taking stool softeners about 5 days preop to try to avoid constipation and at almost 2 wks post op I'm pretty regular......actually today I had the opposite problem Hope you find some relief...
  15. Baybee

    THR I'm on the other side and feeling really good

    Wow @ LaylaHips 2 weeks post op and off ALL pain meds?!? Way to go! I will be 2 weeks post op on Thursday and while I have cut way back there is no way I could go without something. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom