THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad it's finally happened for you , day 1 piece of cake. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
 
Doodles, I don't know what kind, but I asked him about the numbness and walking and he said that it wasn't a problem, surgery was at 7:50 and I walked my first steps to the commode at 1 pm. He said the concept of lying flat for 12 hours went away years ago.
I awakened with no pain and it (numbness) eased off slowly and was very manageable.
I am not groggy at all. A little funky from the Meds. But not to the point of preventing me from writing on here or enjoying the fact that I'm ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!! Squeeeeeee!
Starting to swell and sure, it's sore but not to the point of gnashing my teeth and moaning.
Well, So far! I think day 2 and 3 might be trickier. But doesn't worry me.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks for the quick response. I was thinking I'd here from you in a day or two. I honestly can say I did not have much pain and wish the same for you. I have more pain right now with left. So glad to hear from you soon and that you are doing well!
 
@Cynthia777
I finally could see your cartoon, now isn't that the truth! Twist and shout, twist and whimper or Twist and cuss.
Tonight is a little tougher. Having chills and a very sore thigh. But again, it was time for my pain meds and easy to rein back in.
The nurse brought me a hit decaf tea and a heated blanket I think I'll stay here a few more days. :angel:
 
Glad that things are going well. I hope you can get some good sleep tonight.
You are on your way!!!
 
So very happy to see you safely on the other side! Rest and relax and let the healing begin!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You are doing so well! I love reading your optimism. I've had you in prayer all weekend as well, and I'm thrilled you are all done. Day 3 was the hardest for me, but if the pain meds are on time, it's totally manageable. Such a difference from the searing sharp nerve pain before. Keep up the great healing! Hugs to you. Ice and rest.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks girls! I'm sleeping sitting up. Little 30 minute snippets. Thank you for the compliment @45goingon90 .
So appreciated. I'm missing people's post and I'm not wanting to leave people out. I'm still a wee bit loopy.
Man! Pee'ing up a storm! But the walk is a bit smoother on this last jaunt, was able to get heel on the floor.
Best wishes. @DeepBreath ! Tomorrow is your day!
 
Hi @CricketHip, don't you just love that slightly loopy feeling though? I'm wondering if you've done the "take a step & giggle" thing yet? I recall doing that one and having the nurse giggling with me after half a dozen steps, the pain free ability to move is so good!
I hope they are looking after you and the meds & ice are regular and the pain is under control. I'd keep the fluids topped up as far as you can, even though feeling like you are ready to enter the national pee'ing championship, it will help flush everything through your system and hopefully help other things move as well.

We all look forward to hearing how well you are progressing. Good luck on a slow and steady recovery day with no pain and some lovely fairies to talk to.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
I remember the constant peeing. Get used to it. It's going to be going on the next week or so, but that good because it means all that stuff is getting out of your body. Wishing you a painful day.Are you going home today?
 
Good morning @CricketHip! Glad to hear that you are up and about so well! Good job, my friend! I remember being colder than normal and peeing a lot. I chalked it up to all the fluids they pump into you during surgery. That fluid is not warm when it goes in your system, so it causes an inner chill. Warm blankets and a LOT of peeing will soon good rid of it. Lots of warm beverages help too. But, then they cause more peeing...
Take every advantage you can to sleep, even though I know those opportunities are rare in the hospital setting. I hope your pain is subsiding by now. Have a beautiful day, my friend!
 
Congratulations!
"it was time for it to go" - it's good to get even more reinforcement that you made the right decision. My surgeon said something similar after surgery, that the hip looked worse than based on xrays and it was the right time for surgery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom