The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sorry about the neck pain, the stress of everything also makes us tighten up so. Another grand song is, I want it all by Miss Molly and Me. I think, (v rarely) that music got me thru soon much of this whole, oh heck that hurts thing. Its a glorious day here and the Loch looks so bonny. I hope you have a grand weekend, probably checking then rechecking you have done this and that. Not long now pal. Keep smiling lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @CricketHip I am so happy to hear that you need to be at the hospital for 5.30am which must mean that you are first on the list.It will be wonderful to get it out of the way first thing and they will get you up with a walker before the end of the afternoon.You will be in my thoughts and prayers on Monday and I really look forward to reading your postop thread.It has suddenly struck me that I am only a week behind you.My hip and knee have both been in agony for the past few days so as far as I am concerned 'bring it on " ! I hope the pain in neck and shoulder settles down.
 
Just wanted to pop in @CricketHip and wish you all the best for your surgery tomorrow. I hope, by now, you have a sense of calmness over you. I know I did for the last few days before my surgery. And, I think you will find that your neck pain will ease up a great deal, afterwards. The stress and anxiety you have been under has probably caused your neck to act up. Tension does some pretty wierd things to our body parts. I suffered with jaw clenching for quite some time, which caused neck issues. Guess what! Since my surgery, no more jaw clenching and neck pain! I sincerely hope you have a smooth and uneventful surgery and come out on the other side feeling like a new woman!
 
Okay everyone....I'm sealing my fate as the looniest member here on Bonesmart! But here goes anyway....

I wrote this for you Crickethip,
To help a bit with your surgery trip.

You're quite a gal and quite the friend,
Who's stood by all till journey's end.

Now my friend, your time is here,
I pray your heart shall know no fear.

On you march for for freedoms sake,
We'll all be here when you awake.

So have no fear, your almost done,
To a life ahead with thrills and fun!

Sending prayers for peace, a successful surgery and a speedy and easy recovery!
God bless @CricketHip!!!!!
Cindy
 
Oh my goodness, @Cynthia777 !
I just signed on and this is the first post that I see. You are such a caring person and such a good Bonesmart friend. :roseshwr:
I am touched beyond measure... we have counted this down together. Weren't you scheduled the same week?
Thank you and if you were here in front of me I would hug you and hug you! And hug you again!

The day is flying past so quickly! For someone who thought they were ready and organized I sure seem to have a lot to get done.. I finally got the new sneaks purchased and did some work related errands.
I get my last pre op massage tonight at 5:30.. her's hoping it helps soften and relax the thigh and butt muscles and makes for easier access. plus it will do my mind some good.

I am still so amazed by your thoughtfulness, Cynthia.. totally unexpected and so appreciated... :happydance:
 
It's corny, but it's sent from my heart and I'm so thankful that it gave you something to smile about! :-)

Yes, we have ridden this pre-op journey together and even though I have cancelled/postponed mine, we have gone through much of it together.

You are right, my surgery was scheduled on the 23rd, just two days behind you.

Should I need to proceed after January the 1st, I sure hope you will check in on occasion, as your spirit is so uplifting!

What's really odd, I almost feel like I'm having the surgery instead of you! I guess it's because we've been joined at the hip (pun intended) for so long now.
:-)
 
Isn't that funny?? that you feel as if it's you? I can see that, we were so close in dates and same age and I think that you were the first person to answer my very first post on here.
And absolutely I will be here for you when and if you decide you need the surgery!! thank you for the compliment,
dear girl. And I will be the wind beneath your wings, and be very uplifting ;)
 
Hi Nana!! Thank you! I feel very special and that is a nice feeling to have pre op..
I am off to get that last massage but will be back on later!!
 
@CricketHip it is Saturday, you only have one more day to wait! Monday I go for my final pre-surgery visit and you will be done! I know you will do great and you will be so happy you made this decision. Yesterday I saw a friends husband and discovered he had had hip and knee replacements, I never knew! You will be that way too. We are both so lucky to have this opportunity to get our lives back. Dream about your scuba trip and take good care of yourself. All the best from Plum Perfect and my Airedale girls, Natalie, Jessie, Ruby, and Livi. We'll all be looking forward to your recovery thread.

[Bonesmart.org] The Highs and Lows of the Pre Op Wait
 
@ CricketHip Best wishes, positive vibes and many prayers being sent your way for your Big Day on Monday! Early times slots are so much nicer....less time being nervous! You will do wonderful and soon you and your new hip will be on the other side!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Legin your wonderful post earlier about the bonnie loch was poetic enough. Thank you for the well wishes..
I need to go over to your thread and see how you made out with your Dr visit!!!
@Plum Perfect - looks at those adorable pups! They are gorgeous!
Thank you to all of you and for your well wishes.. the time is zooming past so quickly now.. tomorrow will be full of phone calls from family, my 2 sons live out of state as does my mother.
@Baybee, it seems like it was just yesterday that you were doing your prep.. aren't you so glad its behind you? oh! That is kind of a pun.. hahah
 
Thank you @AndyH99 ! I am ready to join you all on the other side, for sure! It's a beautiful late summer day here. Nothing special going on but am enjoying every single moment of it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom