Recent content by AlaskaGrandy

  1. AlaskaGrandy

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Susie, I'm totally in awe that your surgeon did a bilateral in less than 2 hours!! Mine took 4.5 hours and another hour in the recovery room. He said all went well and I did not bleed much at all. How on earth did your surgeon do it so fast?!! My surgeon's assistant was there, but he assured me...
  2. AlaskaGrandy

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    Too fantastic for words!:happydance:
  3. AlaskaGrandy

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Wow Susie your report is inspirational. What a relief to be doing activities that are normal again. There were days I wondered if I would ever feel that way again. I don't walk as much as you, but I am riding my bike a good distance now. I have a big basket on the rear of my bike and my...
  4. AlaskaGrandy

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Becky, I'm so happy you are feeling better! What a relief! Je Jenn, so sorry to read that you are struggling with pain. Like everyone else I can't image coping with pain and being the mother of 3 children. That is truly unbelievable. It's hard enough for me to have a revolving door of...
  5. AlaskaGrandy

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Dearest Becky, my heart truly goes out to you. You are in that Limbo place where time stands still. It seems like this hopeless place will never end. You miss work and your normal active life and wonder if you will ever get back. Hang on to our words of encouragement and love. Keep writing and...
  6. AlaskaGrandy

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Wow! So awesome Susie! Freedom:yahoo:
  7. AlaskaGrandy

    Bilateral TKR week 4

    I do love riding my bike, but it's been so rainy this past week I haven't been able to get out and I can really feel the tightness more. Yes, it helps to keep telling myself that better days are ahead. I'm thankful that I was so blessed not to have gotten an infection and also no staples, just...
  8. AlaskaGrandy

    Bilateral TKR week 4

    Yes, I'm not looking forward to another surgery this year, but that heel spur has to go! I feel so fortunate that I live less than a mile from my wonderful hospital and surgeon. He's the same age of my oldest daughter. He is young enough to be up to date on all the latest technologies, yet old...
  9. AlaskaGrandy

    Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

    This first week will become a distant memory and a blur with many pieces missing. Promise:console2:
  10. AlaskaGrandy

    Bilateral TKR week 4

    10 weeks down. Except for that tight feeling and stiffness after sitting for awhile, I'm doing well. Shopping on my own back to work mowed my lawn for the first time last Friday and used my battery powered weed trimmer too! Loved it. All housework I cook, but really don't like being in the...
  11. AlaskaGrandy

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    The length of this recovery is crazy LONG!! The successes are there, but hardly noticeable. But, when you look back over the last 2 weeks and think about it you can realize the difference. I see a big improvement when I ride my 3 wheeled bike than those days I don't. So, I will be riding...
  12. AlaskaGrandy

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Beautiful scars. I'm envious! Are you sure you are 64? No fair to have legs that young looking:chuckmarch:
  13. AlaskaGrandy

    TKR Has it really been 4 years??

    Thank you so much for giving us your update! We need to know how wonderful life will be one day. God bless
  14. AlaskaGrandy

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Your daughters are very beautiful, just like you. I have 3 grown daughters and 1 son, 8 granddaughters and 3 grandsons, and 1 great grandson. My kids are all in their 40's now; I had them all within 5 years. They all live within 3 miles of me, except for my 25 year old grandson who is a green...
  15. AlaskaGrandy

    MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

    Hang in there Becky. Thinking of you and sending a prayer up today. I know YOU will feel better soon.:console2:
Back
Top Bottom