Guest viewing is limited

MUA My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<

Wonderful improvement! And yes, ask for a chair in delivery... surely they have a chair, even if just in case the father faints.
 
Thank you everyone for all the encouragement! I'm sure that God knew that I really needed to see something encouraging today even to just keep the morale up! The cool thing is I really did nothing last week but rest, elevate and ice. I was so discouraged and every part of my brain said to really push it. Then there was this part of my brain that told me if I did I was going to get scolded on here for doing the wrong thing. Understand that was said in love,lol!:roseshwr: I kept up with my heel slides but didn't push a lot because it was painful. My bathroom floor has this tile pattern. There is a certain place in the pattern where my toes always are. I started using potty time to do heel slides to move my knee. I did this on my left knee as well. My husband always would come running when I start screaming in the bathroom, "look where my toes are"!

I came home, elevated and icing both knees and my back as it is angry with me today as well. My daughter will be delivering in a birthing room so there is regular furniture in the room, even a couch. It's not just the delivery I have to be strong for it is the labor as well. Being able to be in the labor and birth experience is such a miraculous special time. With all the girls this has been such a special time.

I don't expect at all that I will have that huge increase every week, but for today I am taking it!
 
The cool thing is I really did nothing last week but rest, elevate and ice. I was so discouraged and every part of my brain said to really push it. Then there was this part of my brain that told me if I did I was going to get scolded on here for doing the wrong thing. Understand that was said in love,lol!:roseshwr: I kept up with my heel slides but didn't push a lot because it was painful. My bathroom floor has this tile pattern. There is a certain place in the pattern where my toes always are. I started using potty time to do heel slides to move my knee. I did this on my left knee as well. My husband always would come running when I start screaming in the bathroom, "look where my toes are"!
You've done so well this week, Becky. I really think the answer is to continue to do very little in the way of exercise.

I loved reading how you assess your knee's progress by measuring on the bathroom floor. That's what I used to do, too. My bathroom has squares marked and I would sit on the throne and see if I could move my foot back from one of those lines. One magic day I could actually move my foot backwards into the next square. That's the only sort of heel slides I ever did.

And yes, do ask if you can have a chair in the delivery room. If your daughter wants her mum there, it's important that you can be there.
 
Congratulations on the new Grandbaby coming and your ROM! Grandkids are such a joy and being able to be there for the birth is so special! There is nothing like it!
So happy for you that your ROM has improved, it is coming along. Amazing what doing nothing but ice and elavating will do for us. Lol Keep up the great work!:)
 
Right? On the lounge doctor. I got a different brand but it's already so much better than messing with the tower of pillows. Why did I wait so long?

I love the picture of you and your daughters and that you are all so close. My girls are young, they fight a lot, but they are also connected at the hip. They play all day together for hours and I so hope they stay close as they get older. And the birth? Oh my heart. I was a labor doula for a few years and so hope my babies will let me be there to support them during that transition to motherhood. :roseshwr:

And your Groundhog Day analogy is the best. In a group I'm in, they post a new thread for daily chit chat with memes for every day. And I laugh at myself when people post about Boo Monday or TGIF or whatnot bc every day is the same as the last for me. The days all blur together.
 
i just saw the photo of you and your daughters ~ what a beautiful family you have and congratulations on the new grand baby. i hope you can be there for the birth and that it's a fast labour (for your sake lol)! you're so lucky you got your lounge doctor so quickly. mine has a longer way to be shipped; the earliest estimated arrival is july 7. let us know how you like your lounge doctor and if you think it helps with the swelling. it looks so comfy!
 
Becky, we really can't call it Groundhog Day with 30 degrees improvement in just one week, now can we? Hah, no we cannot! This is FABULOUS news! :happydance:

What a beautiful family you have and the photo is just lovely! I just know you'll be in that delivery room by hook or by crook. After all, it IS a hospital, so they must have some comfy chairs? Of course they do! Just in case, perhaps you could bring in a lightweight, folding beach chair? There's no way you're going to be left out of this very special occasion!:friends: A lot can improve in just 2 weeks!
 
Congrats on the upcoming grand baby! You have a beautiful family and how wonderful that your daughters want you there for the birth. Grand babies are the best! I have four (three girls and one boy) and they are the light of my life.

And congrats as well on your increase in ROM - that is is amazing!

I do my heel slides in the bathroom as well, especially at the beginning when I was spending more time in the bathroom.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your daughters are very beautiful, just like you. I have 3 grown daughters and 1 son, 8 granddaughters and 3 grandsons, and 1 great grandson. My kids are all in their 40's now; I had them all within 5 years. They all live within 3 miles of me, except for my 25 year old grandson who is a green beret. There is never a dull moment here. Sometimes going to work is more restful than being home. :eyebrows:
[Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
[Bonesmart.org] My LTKR journey continues to RTKR<
 
Becky, the timing on the Lounge Doctor just couldn't be better! Happy elevating tonight!

I'm so glad to know I am not the only bathroom heel-slider and also not the only person who calls for her husband to look at my magnificent heel sliding progress, lol. I've scared him a few times with those wild shout-outs.:heehee:

@AlaskaGrandy, another gorgeous family photo!
 
@Celle I've found there are several of us bathroom heal sliders as more confessions come out! It worked better than the bed for me and I had a visual I could see!

@Jennszoo, wow you are amazingly clear in your thoughts and writing tonight. I think I felt drugged and hung over for a couple of days. With the girls growing up it was all or nothing. They were best friends or they were fighting and not a lot in between. The nice thing is they all grew up and are very close to each other now! If you were a doula then you understand exactly what this birth experience is with all the girls together. I've held a leg for when they are pushing for every birth so far, all 8 of them. I have to be strong enough to stand that long and hold her leg and then help when it's time to push. There is nothing like it.

@liam2015 Amazon said it would arrive between July 3 and 11. I ordered Mon morning and it came today. It wasn't prime so I think they have to give those longer ranges. Hopefully yours will come sooner as well!
 
Heel slides in bed are really hard to do. It's much easier (and better) to do them sitting up in a chair, or anywhere else where you're sitting upright.
 
@IowaNana, the bathroom heel sliders are coming out of the closet! Everyone should try it if you have any tile pattern on the floor. It's a great visual and you can measure your progress. Besides you kill two birds with one stone and get to multitask :wink:.

@AlaskaGrandy, thanks for posting the pic of your children. They are gorgeous! They all favor each other. I was the same way, I had all 4 in 6 years. My oldest is 37 then 35, 32 & 31. Busy times for sure.
 
I think I'm a founder member. I first did bathroom heel slides back in 2000, when I had my PKR.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom