Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Nensi_New_Nees

Sounded like you did an awful lot in one day. Glad they're keeping you one more day-you don't want any dizzy, fainting, or falling. Rest well.
 
@nensi you will find the blood transfusion not a bad thing. Yes, a day of rest as it takes a long time to do it but I just watched movies and nice naps. The upside is no more light headedness! I have not put any weights on my legs but am trying to do my exercises a few times a day. Glad I have these few days at home before starting out patient PT on Thursday. Any set back that I might have movement wise I have more than made up with rest and healing wise so whatever the recovery timeline is- just let your body be in the drivers seat!
 
@nensi you have had your shower! and now giving you blood a boost! one more day to rest! Sounds like a win-win situation! You are doing great with the bilat! Yeah you! You will feel fresh as a daisy getting out tomorrow!:flwrysmile:
 
Yep, just getting a little stir crazy in this hospital. My roommate was moved to rehab today as well. Even though we didn't talk much (she is 89, hard of hearing and a little senile I think) she was a prescence -very quiet now !
But after all, it's just one more night !


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sorry to hear about this blip in the road, @nensi. Look at it as another example of medical personnel knowing how to address any potential problems, and as a reminder that you're in good hands. Another positive thought: Your body is always working on bringing you back to healthy. Even when you're not thinking about it, all this amazing healing is silently occurring in the background, down to each cell in your amazing body. Each day that passes brings you one day closer to having fully functional knees, and that will be glorious.

Know that lots of people, both those who love you and those who know you only via the BoneSmart website are all behind you, pulling for your recovery.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad to hear you are staying one more day to get the transfusion. I needed one after a previous surgery and it did a world of good. We will be here waiting to hear that you are home at last.
 
Sitting on my hospital bed icing and waitiing for my daughters to come back after loading the car. Jep the bood transfusions worked wonders, almost no dizziness at all!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So glad you are feeling well enough today to go home Nensi. Hope your first day home is a good one - rest a lot!
 
Installed at home on my hospital bed beautifully decorated to welcome me home - great family. Good transfer ! Thanks for all the well wishes.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
upload_2017-7-5_16-48-42.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
awww i love this set up ~ what a cozy nest your family made for you. best wishes for a comfortable as possible recovery.
 
You have the most cheerful recovery bed I have seen! So much light, too. Love all the positivity that surrounds you.
 
Hi Nensi, hope the stomach has settled and you'll be on your way home tomorrow. I began to eat at the table immediately, but I just happened to have a comfy, small footstool that fit underneath it. Wihtout that, I would've eaten in the recliner with a tray.

I'm sure the staff will show you how to enter and exit the car, but it's really what someone else here just described. You'll want pillows, a dose of your pain meds an hour before the ride, and perhaps an ice-pack if your ride is over 30 minutes. My ride was only 10 minutes and I was able to get into the front seat, but it's a roomy car and I only had one knee done. The worst part was the bumpy roads; aaccck.
 
I did eat at the table in an armchair with a footstool under the table and pillows. It was soooooo nice to sit with my family and eat some delicious chicken parm, tagliatelle and eggplant/zucchini with Parmesan. Legs swollen now, up and icing. I feel a little warm but it is a warm day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I rank having the support of others as one of the most wonderful and life-affirming components of a successful recovery. And clearly, you have support in spades! Time to release any of your worries into their loving care, allow yourself to trust them, and remind yourself that this is payback for the zillions of things you've done to support them when they have needed it. You'll be doing more and more for yourself with each day, but for now let yourself enjoy their help.

One caution: During my recovery last summer, I learned that no one in my family was able to style my hair without causing me to burst out loud laughing! I looked just like a cockatoo when they were finished with me!
 
A room with view! What a lovely set up for your recovery bed, @nensi !
I'm glad your transfer home went so well - and your family has made the room look so lovely.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom