Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

awww @Pheebs52 ~ i just want to cuddle Nemo and kiss those cheeks. so cute and congrats on embracing your inner techie as i have and thanks to Susie!:yay:
 
those scars are downright gorgeous @SusieShoes - wear them with pride .. . mine is a tad crooked but healing nicely -- I have been wearing shorts nonstop due to some prickliness with certain fabrics - I can get by with some capris - as long as they are not too slim at the calf.
 
And I'm all about shorts. When I went through the airports last week and they asked if I had any metal in my body, I proudly pointed to my knee scar and said "yes, I do!"
 
Nice scars! Mine aren't nearly that straight or even. Some areas it's a very thin line and others it's much wider.

The new capris that I bought are a little longer so when I sit down, they don't rise up and show my scars. I'm not sure that I'm ready for prime time viewing of them yet.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great 7 week report and I agree that your incisions look great!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Beautiful scars. I'm envious! Are you sure you are 64? No fair to have legs that young looking:chuckmarch:
 
I'll have to try and download a photo of my super-scary looking scar today! It's definitely not for the faint-hearted, but, I'm not going to hide it from the world. Like someone else said, I'm proud of it. :yes!:
 
[Bonesmart.org] SusieShoes' New Knees
 
This was taken last week. Much of the dry skin is now gone, and the scabs are less, but it's still not *pretty.* Oh well.:SUNsmile:
 
Right? Well, I *think* it's a combination of the Betadyne which was slathered over the entire area twice; once for surgery and after staple removal. Then, there were the dreaded TEDS for a week; ugh! I wasn't up and about much for the first two weeks, so perhaps circulation plays into it as well. I dunno, but it does look better now than it did a week ago when the photo was taken. Also, notice how fat my thigh looks. I actually normally have *chicken legs* and I wonder if the skin being stretched out like that also contributed to the scaling. It ain't pretty, but it's mine, lol.
 
Scar Wars!

I think part of the dry skin thing is how much the skin was stretched by swelling. Mine is super flaky, but I put cream on my legs. And I use a loofah on them in the shower every morning trying to scrub away the dead skin.
 
@AlaskaGrandy, definitely 64! Ben Franklin said, in his praise of older mistresses, that women age most from the head downward, so that "below the Girdle, it is impossible of two women to know an old from a young one."

If I wear a sack over my head and upper body, I look young!
 
i talked about the dry flaky skin also to my physiotherapist and she suggested it could be from the inflammation and heat drying out the skin. funny thing though, my non-operated leg was dry and flaky too. after the incision healed i put moisturizer on both legs. @SusieShoes that's hilarious about ben franklin's quote...hmmm i wonder how he came to that conclusion??:blush:
 
@liam2015, oh we all know how old Ben reached his conclusion. He was quite the ladies' man! I got a kick out of his "Advice to a Young Man on the Choice of a Mistress." broken link removed: https://www.swarthmore.edu/SocSci/bdorsey1/41docs/51-fra.html

Not sure what causes the flaky skin now. I wonder how long it will take to go away.
 
Hmmm, I wonder how old Ben would fare in the modern world? I really don't know whether to laugh or scream?

My flaky skin has improved a LOT in just one week. Not gone yet, but much better than that photo. Of course, I can't really give the incision a good dose of moisturizer yet due to it not being 100% closed. Scabs must disappear first.

The inflammation theory is interesting! PT did tell me everyone gets it, or at least everyone she's seen. I only have the dry flakes on my OP leg; the other is completely normal. Good that sumthin' is, eh?
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom