THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem Lenora glad I could toss and idea your way. Nothing like a good chiropractor, I love mine!
 
zauberflöte
[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
 
zauberflöte You climbing cat made me chuckle - sorry, I know it's frustrating for you. I can just picture him, though. Clever little guy. I think you and Mr. Z are excellent pet owners and tend to your lovely cats very well. :kittykiss:As it should be with all pets.
It's good that your shoulder isn't too bad, but unfortunate that it's bad enough to interfere with your beautiful music. When I saw the OS yesterday, he felt mine were from overuse - another tendonitis. Geez, how much tendonitis can a body take? I had xrays today, so we'll see what they tell.
Overuse makes sense - I've been a swimmer for 30+ years, a nurse for 40 (lots of arm use tending to patients) I was using a walker, then a cane, and lately I've been paddling in the pool, using mainly my arms, so.... Time to just water walk, I think - my parts are wearing out!

Liveringer I've been meaning to tell you how much I love your cute new avatar. It fits you to a T. Is it another one of bottomshollow's? She's really great at finding suitable avatars. Reminds me, I must get the one she found for me put on - need the kids for that.
Do you mind if I ask what your chiropractor did for your shoulder? I saw one for the very first time a couple of weeks ago, just to get the TENS machine, but didn't have any treatment. I wouldn't be so afraid of having him touch my shoulder as I am of the hips.

flowergirl You sound like another one of our BoneSmart friends with your decorating ideas- Peaches . She came up with all kinds of inventions and creations for her THR equipment. It was quite clever and very amusing. She wanted the plastic toilet risers to come in different colors or have a decorating kit come with them - many other cute inventions. We even thought she should open a Hips R US store! Or go into business with Martha Stewart! Check her thread out for a good laugh.

clifford149 Is that beautiful flower from your yard? What kind is it?
 
Liveringer I've been meaning to tell you how much I love your cute new avatar. It fits you to a T. Is it another one of bottomshollow's? She's really great at finding suitable avatars. Reminds me, I must get the one she found for me put on - need the kids for that. Do you mind if I ask what your chiropractor did for your shoulder? I saw one for the very first time a couple of weeks ago, just to get the TENS machine, but didn't have any treatment. I wouldn't be so afraid of having him touch my shoulder as I am of the hips.​
ByGosh Thank you on the avatar and no bottomshollow can not have credit for this one but if she has any in her arsenal send them my way...LOL
My chiropractor adjusted my back and the shoulders and near the underarm he massaged it. He did place some heat on it at first though because it was so tight and he didn't want me hurting. Don't be afraid to tell the chiropractor do not touch my hips (I did that with mine and he already new about the hip as he was the one that told me to go see an OS for hip replacement). He's a cutey!

I am as proud as a peacock, as I played in another tournament today. Pitched 240 shoes and averaging 64% ringers. Thats not all I beat my other half to win the tournament! I feel wonderful, people were amazed to see me out on the courts.
 
Poppet I now have pink spike heel shoe lust. Wonder what my surgeon would say if I walked in with a pair of those? Safer than sandals:tantrum:
ByGosh I finally was able to swim this week, and did 11 minutes of laps two days in a row. My almost calmed down shoulder (because I didn't use the cane in the country) is now hurting like heck. Overuse for sure.
zauberflöte I hope you figure out the cushion dilemma in your car. It seems frustrating that you can physically drive but not be able to sit in the seat. Painful, too. Would sheepskin help?
 
.shoulder pain from crutches ?
clifford149 no crutches-- but I think i did figure it out!! I do some exercises on the rug infront of a fireplace with a raised hearth. To get down I sit on the hearth and lower myself to the rug with my arms only. This puts the shoulder in a strained position, and could have injured it just enough to make playing the "last straw". Thanks everybody for your concern :)
I am as proud as a peacock, as I played in another tournament today. Pitched 240 shoes and averaging 64% ringers. Thats not all I beat my other half to win the tournament! I feel wonderful, people were amazed to see me out on the courts.
Liveringer Wahoooooooo! Go you:yay:
Mrs Z - you are letting the side down. Didnt you get those fabulous pink /beige ones that we were all lusting for after all ?
TeeEm I did order them, but A) they didn't fit (ordered two sizes, too!) and B) the styling was not at all to my taste, much to my disappointment. The leather was scrumptious tho. I'm returning them Monday. Buying new running shoes tomorrow, I hope.

Poppet that's quite an impressive little motto up there-- could you do me one in, say, hiking boots? or pointe shoes? I fail to see the beauty in 5 inch heels:heehee:

Today has been an interesting day. I didn't go in the car at all. I did treadmill, 17 minutes, and part of it was at a slightly faster pace. no pain, no pain all day till now (from sitting too long). The car makes my S-I joint hurt, and from there everything hurts:rolleyes: The hip has performed beautifully, for whatever reason. It has felt strong and integrated, and if I still have another 8 weeks of improvement left, I am overjoyed!
The payback is that the "good" hip has taken up where the op hip left off, pain-wise. Grrr. LOL
 
Chris, wow 17 minutes on the treadmill that is wonderful. I did 3 minutes this morning but I knew I would be doing a lot of walking today. I only did the treadmill waiting for my other half to fill the cooler :whistle:
 
I hope you figure out the cushion dilemma in your car. It seems frustrating that you can physically drive but not be able to sit in the seat. Painful, too. Would sheepskin help?
LeeApril26 heh, we crossed! I'm sorry your shoulder is acting up. Dang! but I'll bet the week in the country with no cane, and the swimming also, were just lovely! :)

The car seat problem is more, er, deep-seated than just a cushion or sheepskin. it has to do with the totally unsuitable shape of the seat itself. It's scooped out, so when I sit in it my hips are not allowed to be flat/straight across, but are forced into the kind of shape you get from swinging in a playground swing with a sling seat-- which, by the way, I found very painful even as a teenager with skinnnnny hips! So I need either a custom-fit piece of plywood with good cushioning (but that would make the seat too high and my head would hit the ceiling of the car) or a seat transplant by a good body shop. I even have the seat!!! Left over from a car that died, it's the best car seat I've ever sat in, and I drove that car for 19 years! I just plain do not understand how people can fit into today's car seats!!
I've been working on this problem for the entire 3 years I've owned this car. At one point I had to drive the (spare) old car that the great seat was transplanted into when the dead car died ( are you getting all this?:rotfl: ) just so I could go anywhere! I'm hoping that my hip will heal some more and make things better, so that I will be merely horribly uncomfortable instead of in pain....
 
zauberflöte I am visualizing the seat, and I can see why you are uncomfortable. So if you can't have the seat swapped with the good one, you need a wide U-shaped insert for the seat that is firm enough to support your hips? I can't figure out where you would get something like that. What a "pain."
 
Chris, zauberflöte.. I so agree with you modern car seats are ridiculous! Certainly not good for recovering hippies or anyone really.. With their winged sides and seat sloping back. My car was a nightmare post surgery and continued to be.. I could not get used to it and yelped 'ouch' every tine I got into it.. Was always worried about the 'hip above the knee rule' for me!

Then hubby hit the Kangaroo and the insurance wrote that car off.. We bought a second hand well loved old car and the blessing is none of those problems, except the seat is hard, so we had a purpose made memory foam fit on seat cover and it is magic..

I sympathize with you..

Also sounds like you have worked out the cause of your shoulder problem/pain...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom