THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte, great update.. Love your progress... Do take some ice packs with you on that trip hon :)

Yes, I notice on TV when they announce daylight and sunset times.. 07:12 am for daybreak, 05:03pm for sunset... Doesn't seem to make any difference to my day. I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. We still have a good 3-4 months of cold weather.

Yesterday we had fog all day, it lifted as we were coming home around 6:30 PM.. This morning at 1am hubby told me there was a white frost ( have no idea what he was doing up at that hour, I sleep for at least 8 hours, if I can, lucky that way) but when we got up, there was no frost.... Certainly strange weather :)
 
Kylesh haha you may have my chocolate covered bananas, I think they're AWful!!!:sick:

aww Poppet your daylight hours sound very similar to ours in January. I haven't worked this out for the Southern Hemisphere, but this month we lose 37 minutes of daylight, so I'm thinking you must gain it! I know the cold weather has just started, but it's the emotional impact of knowing summer is on the way? :) ?
 
zauberflöte....

[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
 
zauberflöte, I came over to tell you the baby has arrived, when do want to go shopping so we can brake it in? :loll: I think a sewing stores would be the best place to brake in the card. Don't you think? :rotfl: what are you doing tomorrow? Sewing store we will go. :console2: Let me know. Tashia
 
zauberflöte Oooh how fab that you are doing so well :) only six weeks and you can do all these things. I should imagine it would still be sore to sleep on that side and hope the redness settles down. A few more weeks to go for me and I will be joining you on the other side :kittykiss:
 
What is cottage pudding, zauberflöte?? One wonderfully endearing thing about my mom is that her Crisco crust always tasted divinely ... but rarely looked perfect. That made a huge impression on me and is probably why I am so un-Martha Stewart about some things not needing to look perfect: Mom's pie crust. Later in life I met a wonderful lady who was an amateur baker--whose pies looked perfect. I mean, picture perfect. And was baffled that other people's pies didn't look perfect. She never had uneven results, bad days, etc. Consistently perfect crusts. And made them with Crisco. (But you know what? Shhh .... they didn't taste THAT great, at least compared to my mom's. Maybe I am biased, but I don't think so.) Anyway ... am glad you baked. A summertime pie or cobbler sounds lovely. And it's not an everyday thing, so we can enjoy it all the more.

How are you? What are you up to? More walking? More swapping out?
 
@zauberflote, I was looking at older posts today and saw your post about wrong diagnoses in your chart. I had the great granddaddy of them all years ago -- I went to the Army hospital (then-husband was active duty Army) for the flu or something, only to be notified that I could not be seen because I had died some six months prior of liver failure in that very hospital. You would not BELIEVE the hassle I had to go thru to convince the Army I was NOT dead. (Since the Army NEVER makes mistakes, the mistake had to be mine. Seems like it should have been self-evident whose mistake it was.) Turned out somebody had scrambled social security numbers and I was resurrected from the dead.
 
I am amazed that with you standing there breathing in front of them that because their paperwork had you dead---you just had to be dead. Don't know why the government has such a hard time admitting a mistake---when their very existence is becoming one.
 
Peaches cottage pudding is a cake-like recipe in Fanny Farmer. Sweet, moist, heavy-ish but fluffy, picks up juiciness well. You bake it on top of the fruit, and for cobbler it's way better than pie crust IMnotsoHO LOL. Kind of like a sweet pot pie crust, sort of, but no lemon juice. Nice tender crust.Mmmmm.
And yup, more swapping out! I'm active for longer between EDEU's:heehee: Need to start some "going to the Y" activity too!! I'm planning a 7-week update tomorrrow, I hope.

Butterfly you are right, that is the great-granddaddy of all mis-dx stories, and why am I not surprised it was the Army...but now, with the over-dependence on computer screens, every tomdickandcivilian can be just as messed up! I'll bet that they teach some form of proof-reading one's written work in high school, but i bet they do NOT teach the same for "click to select" documents. Like, ZF has CKD because CKD is one click down from what she does have, say. VERY scary, and the OS nurse agreed. She said that's why they check so frequently with the patient. But if every check brings you a further mistake, I say bring on the patient-generated hand-written form.
/soapbox LOL

A confession to any who pass by-- I'm doing so much more of my "day job" (managing the house, and it takes waaaaay longer than it will 4 months from now!) that I don't get as much time here as I have had. I'm already about 5 days behind...:sos:

And a cute update. For those who remember 'the housebound cat": he has stopped gaining weight, is no longer bloated from colitis, has escaped to the "feeding trough" only twice, and the Cat Corral is finished and he's learned how to ask out. Good boy!:kittykiss:
 
Good to get an update Chris! I am going to have to try that cottage pudding recipe. I have a Fannie Farmer cookbook (although it is in pieces because it is 30 years old!) and am always looking for something different for desserts.
I found it amusing that while I was in the hospital, everything, including me, was scanned like we were at the grocery store! Before I got my pills, they would scan my ID bracelet, then the pills. I wanted to ask if I could get a candy bar when I checked out! Sure is different from when I was a nurse, when everything was written by hand! It made me wonder though, what do they do when the computers go down? Must be a mess!
Today my goal is to clean the living room...hope I have enough EDEUs to do the job! :heehee: It's going to take all afternoon and it really isn't that bad. And the girls will do the vacuuming and moving stuff. But that's ok...slow, but sure, right?
 
Hi zauberflöte looks like u r making progress.....chocolate covered bananas sounds interesting .....my rhubarb was great and my gooseberry are about to be picked.....gardening is OK but sitting on the ground and then getting up is somewhat ackward But manageable....still yet to get the bike out otherwise apart from some digits all is well...
 
I leave you for a day Chris @zauberflote and now the conversation is turning to food.. Healthy I hope xx
 
clifford149 nice new avatar! Is it in your garden?
Would you be able to define "new age hippie"?? LOL How about an "old hippy wannabe from the 60's" who never in her life liked Brazil nuts-- they taste like mold, sort of. All the more for you... and strawberries dipped in chocolate, well... they're ok but it's a waste of both good fruit and good chocolate. Here's the right way: eat some strawberries. Have a good chocolate bar.:rotfl:
Now. I have a big pot of cheese grits here, will you have some with me?:wink:

Poppet you'll have to be the judge of healthy or not LOL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom