THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi zauberflöte - the flute is backwards! Held in the wrong direction. Maybe this is a photo of the picture, and the photo was taken looking in a mirror.....?
It's really cute, though!
I've been reading reviews on and pricing mattress toppers all morning...... :mcoffee: for my upcoming trip to the Land of Hard Mattresses.....
 
Songlady one batch of triple chocolate brownies coming up! I have no idea how the image was made, but my guess would really be either reversal in some processing stage, or, whoever drew it wasn't aware LOL.
This is what I bought, memory foam from Amazon. I think I love it-- I only slept on it the first two nights home from the hospital, tho. I would review it highly, if I ever got there to do the review! Caveat-- many existing reviews mention how badly it off-gasses. They are right. It took about 10 days, in sets of 3-5 consecutive days, laying out on the holly hedge in my front yard, in the direct sun (but under a sheet so the boids didn't do their thing on it....), to off-gas enough for my delicate lungs.
Hope you find what you want! :)

BarbaraR I'm glad to hear it-- I'm hoping with you :)
 
nope ByGosh only a musician would notice, really-- actually it took me a second to place the "wrong" feeling! You don't know if you lack musical intelligence-- just maybe lacking in education! Go ahead, test me on nursing skills in a level above "Nurse Mom", and see how well I do on that! NOT!
 
zauberflöte - Songman (all these years in publishing) says it's very common for images to get reversed in the layout/printing process. (I had to tell him about the Flute Mystery! lol)
And ByGosh, I had to sit and pretend to hold a flute in order to figure it out! :rotfl: If Songboy had been around, I would have hollered for him - that's his department at the store! As ZF said, we all have different bodies of knowledge....
 
zauberflöte BarbaraR all this talk of medical insurances sounds horrendous, not knowing if it'll be paid!! I have private health care here in the UK but not sure it works the same as USA. I ring, say I need a certain surgery with a certain surgeon at a certain hospital, they agree and all in patient costs are covered, plus any consultations/checkups after surgery. The only thing I'll struggle with this time is phyiso/PT as we have a limit and I got to my limit with my first hip so I know I have to pay extra for that. You said your letter stated you'd got to your limit, does that mean you couldn't have any more surgery this year..........not that you'd want it of course!! x
 
zauberflöte....its only this morning for some strange reason or other I took it upon myself to google the word zauberflote....knew it was german and had something to do with a flute. The magic flute opera....was just being curious
 
zauberflöte Speaking of insurance, in December I was approved for Pre existing condition insurance (PCIP) a GHI, Emblem Health (state program). It kicked in January 1 of this year. I got a notice last week that GHI will no longer have this state program come July 1st. Yesterday I got a packet Federally funded the premiums went up $40.00 and has a deductable and does not pay nearly as much. I am not going to reapply for this, but here is a taste of Obama Care for us. My out-of-pocket costs was less than $700 which $500 was co-pay for the hospital.
 
[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
zauberflöte, hope you weathered yesterday's storm without any damage. It went from clear and sunny with minimum breeze to very windy, then calm, then very overcast and extremely windy in about 15 minutes. Then the brunt of the storm hit--still extremely windy and a real downpour which lasted another 15 minutes, then it was gone. I have a very large limb from a 40 ft. pine tree down and a fairly large limb from a box elder down and debris all over 2/3s of my yard. Cleaning up after this kind of event makes me tired just thinking about it. Heck of a way to get one's exercise---I'll be a bit stiff and sore tomorrow after all the bending over to pick stuff up.
 
bottomshollow -- wow, you got it bad! I didn't even think to check up on you-- my NOAA page doesn't go that far south. This must have been a doozy of a storm line! I checked on walkagainV as she's very close to me. I am SORRY about all that mess. I know the big-branch problem well. Are there high school kids who could be coaxed to saw it up? Last branch we had down, a neighbor helped me carry it out to the curb (we have bulk pickup every week, love it!) My yard got the pre-wind, but then the storm went someplace else. I'd got the cats in, but still all wind and hardly any rain. Hubby was up in Richmond out in the woods w/ a client, and they barely made it back to the car before it hit them. By 10:00pm it was dry and cool, lovely night for sleeping!

You said your letter stated you'd got to your limit, does that mean you couldn't have any more surgery this year..........not that you'd want it of course!! x
@Littlejem it's the other way round-- we have paid out our maximum out-of-pocket for the whole calendar year, so in theory nothing else (that's covered by our policy) will cost one red cent. I would financially like to get the other hip done and billed before Dec 31!! But I still haven't opened all those bills and papers from insurance telling me what was covered and what wasn't. That project will take a good night's sleep, some valium (JK), and a large Starbuck's Frappucchino (Not Kidding)!
I also have a PT limit like yours-- It works out to about 9-10 visits per year, so I have to be choosy.

Songman (all these years in publishing) says it's very common for images to get reversed in the layout/printing process. (I had to tell him about the Flute Mystery! lol)
@Songlady I am trying to think whether I've ever seen the infamous Kalmus edition with a totally reversed page-- but I think it's probably just collective orchestral legend LOL. Does Kalmus mess with your organ music too? Are the "errors" as egregious as they are in orchestral? We had to replace all our Barenreiter Beethoven symphonies, and Kalmus was what came, so with each new score we had to go through and find the mistake. Sheesh.

hey clarabo nice to see you! The Magic Flute is my favorite opera-- when the Ingmar Bergen movie of it came out in about 1974-75, I watched it several times, braving a Canadian (!) winter storm every time it seemed.

Liveringer well that's no good is it. What are you going to do instead? My taste of Obamacare was 3 years ago, and considerably better-- our COBRA cost when hubby was let go was very very low for 18 months. And we got to keep the kids with us till age 26, which was easier for us. But all the awful stuff is kicking in now. I'm sorry you have to deal with it!
 
Oooo, I like that new math song! He did all that while playing the song on the piano. There is a nice chemistry song too...
You're thread is fun to read!
 
westsea thanks for more Tom Lehrer! I watched that one too on Youtube, a performance in DEnmark I think. I used to lsten to my record overandoverandoverandover but thank goodness my mother didn't mind it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom