THR YAHOO! I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nana- you are the light at the end of the tunnel for all of us! I appreciate all your comments, wisdom and advice regarding recovery. I get impatient about hurrying up and healing; your messages remind me that all this takes time -- 4 1/2 weeks out isn't enough yet (even if I think it should be). Enjoy your vacation in Florida. Breaking that drive into two days is good planning.


Sent from my iPad
 
Thank you @CatLady1 for your visit and kind comments. Yes, indeed, patience is very important to this recovery. Something, of which, I have little. But, between my darling husband, who is the most patient person I know, and my BS friends and mantra, I did learn to slow down when I needed to.
 
Lucy, I'm hooommme! :snork:

Gosh have I missed you!!! Just got caught up on your thread and as always, there you are with your wise advice and loving encouragement,,,BS is a better place with you here @Nana757!

I find it very hard to believe that it has been six months already...boy does the time fly (except when one is in the midst of it)! :-)

Did I read you are on vacation or is it the foggy brain creating a fantasy trip for you? Hugs my friend! :loveshwr:
 
AWWWW... @Cynthia777 .... You make me blush :roseshwr:! Before you know it, you'll be rounding your anniversary, as well. I know, it seems so far off right now, but you'll be kept so busy with healing, PT (well, maybe not PT yet) and getting ready for the next one, the time will just fly by.
Vacation starts on the 23rd....cannot wait! Actually, I should say, our trip starts on the 23rd, since we are already on permanent vacation!
Have a wonderful day, my friend!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of a flippin' flappin' knucklehead am I, @Nana757, that I didn't wish you a happy 6 month anniversary?!
Geez, and @Cynthia777 says she's got the mental fuzzies. I don't think so...that's me. :unsure:

Well, you're just the hugest inspiration ever and have been so fabulous to your fellow hippies and newbies. Thank you for that and I wish you many years of bowling, golf, and other sundry adventures on that wonderful bionic hip!
*Hugs* :)
 
No worries @DeepBreath ... You are NOT a knucklehead! And, I thank you so much for being there, with your kind words and your own inspiring posts. I'm sitting here watching the snow come down...looks like we might get a couple of inches before its all over with. Thank goodness the pantry and fridge are filled with our favorite goodies. You know how everything comes to a screeching halt around here, with just a dusting! I think I'll just put on my onesy (I look like a bunny rabbit, according to DH) and keep snuggled up in my chair today and tomorrow. Sounds like a good plan to me! Lazy bones at its finest!
 
@Nana757, NICE!! I hope you had a terrific day snuggled up in your onesy. I love those things. :)
They had an early release for Will's school district yesterday and we got even less than a dusting. I'm not complaining though. I love snow days. Knowing everybody is snug and safe and just being able to enjoy the cold weather.
Have a great weekend, friend. :)
 
Waaah...is right... @Cynthia777! I know you think your weather is boring in SoCal, but I would be in seventh heaven! My body just does not like being cold any more. Which is probably why I become a hermit in the wintertime and only go out when I absolutely must! I find it very hard to get motivated to do anything when I'm all snuggled up toasty warm, under my throw blanket, with my iPad on my lap. I'll catch up on your thread in a few, sweetie. I know you are doing great. Your recovery has been nothing short of a miracle and I couldn't be more thrilled for you.
:ok:
And I totally agree with you @DeepBreath. I would much rather the school system call a snow day, than have those bus drivers have to deal with road conditions, or worse...all those jerks who think they can drive in snow and ice. At least you know your boy is safe at home.

Have a wonderful day, you two!!!!
:flwrysmile:
 
@Nana757 I agree with you, warmer temps would be so lovely! I just mentioned that on Deep Breath's thread.. I am feeling distinctly achy today with the cold and wind.
It's after 4 pm and I am still in my PJ's.. :scaredycat: but no onesy! But I have a snuggie.. :yahoo:
 
@CricketHip
Hi there! Well, aren't we two peas in a pod! I'm still in my onesy, too, sitting in my recliner and being warmed by the bright sunlight coming through the window. I just realized that I have some aches today too. Guess the weather plays a bigger part than I gave it credit for. Fortunately, though, I'm not aching too badly. Maybe it's time for a Motrin.
I haven't ordered the bamboo yet. But after reading the post on @DeepBreath 's thread, I might have to get one. It sounds like it I really does the trick.
I hope you are having a great day, my friend. Stay warm and cozy.
 
This surgery and the pain preceding it has taught me to slow down and relax.. I used to jump out of bed like a bat out of hell... it will probably return but for now I still enjoy a thoroughly lazy Saturday!!
My achiness is pretty significant. Like a dull ache. But I'm not concerned,, but it better not try to hang around!
 
Well...its been a rather unusual past 3 days. Woke up Wednesday morning to start getting ready for my GP appointment and couldn't make it. I had excruciating pain in my stomach, to the point I had to cancel my appointment because I knew I wouldn't be able to make the 30 mile drive to her office. I ended up in the ER. I knew something was wrong, but just couldn't figure out what it was. I do not get sick and have never had that kind of pain before. My first thought was either appendicitis or gall bladder attack, since I was also vomiting. So, after spending 8 hours in the ER, getting all kinds of blood work done and a CT scan, lo and behold, I have a kidney stone. WHEW!!! I was so relieved that that is all it was, I almost cried. So, they gave me pain pills and nausea pills and told me that it should pass in a few days. I did manage to make it to my GP yesterday and she also gave me something else to help the "passing" along. I can actually feel it getting closer because of where the pain is now. Shouldn't be too much longer now. As it moves closer to the exit point, the pain actually is subsiding. At any rate, @Josephine, I'm wondering if I should be overly concerned about this. They did do a culture and it came back free of any growth and infection. DUH! I think I just answered my own question. But your opinion would be appreciated and most welcome.
 
Nothing to worry about, my dear. Only the 'passing'!
 
Thanks so much @Josephine. That's kinda what I was thinking but needed your reassurance. Yeah...the passing...cannot wait for that to happen...NOT!!! But I'm thinking it'll be very soon now!
:censored:
 
Oh my gosh @Nana757! I am so, so sorry, but so thankful it has nothing to do with your hip or having to go through another surgery! Kidney stones are so very painful (both my father and sister had/have suffered with them for years). You poor thing! I'm praying you pass the stone(s) quickly before your vacation. I wish I could come give you a giant hug!!!!! I can't believe I took a break from BS yesterday and most of today while you're going through this. You know I'm going to pray for you right this minute. Please keep us updated.
 
I feel 98% better. No more stomach pain but just the feeling that one gets when they have a UTI, which is telling me, it's real close to exiting. Thanks....xoxo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom