THR YAHOO! I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @DeepBreath! Yeah...I did think WOW, when I was reading the report. It also confirmed why we go through so many aches, pains, spasms, etc afterwards. What they do during surgery is definitely not for the faint of heart. But, the end result is so worth it.
It is an absolutely beautiful day! Had the living room door and windows open, until the jets started flying over. We are right in their path and it gets so loud we can barely hear ourselves think. I know...the sound of freedom...and all that...I don't mind it during the day, but when they start at 10 o'clock at night and don't stop until 2 in the morning...come on now...
Anyway, I am enjoying the breezes coming from the bedrooms. I hope you get your walk with your hubby. Have a wonderful afternoon, my friend.
 
Hi @Nana757
Thinking of you - see you popping up all over the place! I am posting a bit erratically at the moment so just popping in to your thread to say hello. Love your input, all positive and thoughtful. Lovely lady!
 
:hi:Well, Hi there @copsham and thanks for popping in for a visit. I love hearing from you. Haven't posted any updates on my status lately, as I am becoming a rather boring person. However, I had been experiencing a bit of bother in my op hip lately, so I gave my OS a call, just to be on the safe side. I got in to see him and now it seems I have bursitis in my hip. WHEWW!! If that's all it is, I can deal with that! He said the hip looks perfectly healed but wants me to go back for therapy for a few weeks to get the bursitis under control. I am also using Voltaren, which is an analgesic cream, which is alleviating most of the discomfort. Saw my PT gal yesterday and in addition to working on the bursitis issue, she is going to have me do exercises to build up my core strength. We shall see how all this pans out in the next few weeks. Bottom line is that I am just thrilled beyond belief that my new hip is not the issue, so I can continue doing all the things I love doing. I hope you are doing well, my friend!
 
To all my Bonesmart friends, far and wide:
I wish you all the merriest Christmas and Happy New Year! And my heartfelt thanks to all of you for being there when I needed support, comfort, a shoulder to cry on and an ear to just listen. I could not have made this journey without you all. I have been so blessed with a remarkable recovery and wish all of you the same.
Love,
Janice
:santa hug::merry christmas:
 
My fondest wishes for a beautiful Christmas season and a very happy and healthy 2016 to you! No words to describe how much we all mean to each other. You are one of my warriors! We conquer!! ❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Nana757 it's good to see you posting and I so agree about the support on this forum! I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2016!
:merry christmas:
 
@Nana757 I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I send you best wishes for 2016. I have not been checking in here at all which I guess means life is getting back to "normal". No pain that is!!!:reindeer:
Your positive and supportive views were a huge help to me. All the best, Peggy.
 
@Medfordart
I hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas, as well!
@beachgal
You are the one who was my role model while I was recovering! I read you whole post op thread while in the hospital and it gave me so much hope! Thank you!
@Suzette
I hope you are doing well these days and had a wonderful Christmas.
@Hipster Girl
Yes...I haven't posted on my thread in such a long time...which is a good thing. That just means I have gotten my life back and am enjoying my favorite activities, pain free! I don't even think about my hip anymore. I wish the same for all my BS friends!
And @pamac, I know what you mean! Isn't it wonderful to finally feel "normal" again!
The only reminder I have now, is that scar on my hip and when I set off alarms. :heehee:
 
@Josephine and @alexthecat
I have a question and am hoping that one of you, or both, have come across this before and may have some advice for me. I have noticed in the last few weeks that the new shoes and slippers I have been wearing, since surgery, are wearing down on the instep portion of my op leg/foot. What might be causing this and is there anything I should be doing to correct it! I have always had very high arches in both feet and am slightly concerned that this may be affecting my new hip/gait/walk. Any advice would be appreciated.
BTW, I have been very active with golf and bowling since about 12 weeks out from surgery and have zero problems with these activities. Thanks again.
 
wearing down on the instep portion of my op leg/foot. What might be causing this and is there anything I should be doing to correct it!
Can you tell me more exactly? By 'instep' I take it you mean the medial side, yes?

[Bonesmart.org] YAHOO!  I made it!
 
In that case, your foot is rolling inwards meaning your leg is most likely bowing - what we call a valgus deformity.

[Bonesmart.org] YAHOO!  I made it!


So the next question is, do you have knock knees?
Do you have any pain in your knees or lower legs?
 
@Nana757 I have very high arches and need inserts in my shoes so that my foot does not roll towards the medial area. I would recommend seeing a good podiatrist. They can analyse your gait and help you with any corrections using shoe inserts. Modern inserts are very "lady shoes" friendly!
 
@thanks @Jaycey. That's what I was thinking. I actually have a podiatrist who did surgery on my broken 5th metatarsal 3 years ago. I'll get an appt with him, soon. In the meantime, I do have inserts and will start wearing them and get a new pair of shoes...yippee...new shoes! Thanks again for the advice.
 
I do have inserts and will start wearing them
:no-fin: Shame on you for not wearing your inserts - especially post THR. Everything shifts and balances back post surgery. You may find just wearing your inserts may help. New shoes definitely in order!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom