THR YAHOO! I made it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bonesmart should post your recovery thread in the area of amazing recoveries! You really have no idea how inspiring and helpful your thread has been...not to mention you're quite a gal, yes indeed! :-)
 
@Nana757, see, I agree with Cricket. I'm pretty sure it's standard practice for aliens to get special dispensation regarding miracles. I'll be looking for you on the women's pro golf circuit soon! :yes:
I also agree with @Cynthia777 (Hi, Cynthia! I hope you are well! :) ) that your recovery story would make a great one for the super success stories. It's certainly given me so much hope and inspiration. I'm so happy for you, hippie friend, and am so glad we've gotten acquainted here on Bone Smart. Your encouragement has meant the world to me. :)

I hope you're enjoying this lovely day. I stood out on the patio around noon today while my doggie girl was inspecting the lawn and bushes, and just enjoyed breathing in the cool, clear air. What a lovely Fall we're having! :flwrysmile:
 
Good morning @DeepBreath...I hope you are doing well this beautiful morning. Thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot to me and I am so grateful for this site. I would never have been able to "meet" so many kind, considerate and supportive people any where else. And to be able to develop a strong bond and friendship with you and several others (you all know who you are), is truly an added bonus.
P.S. Don't hold your breath on the pro golf circuit....
:nah:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here I am about to celebrate my 12 week mark on Thursday and am extremely happy to say I am back to better than 100%! I continue to be amazed at modern science and the delicate hands of Surgeons out there...especially mine. I have been back bowling twice a week for the past 3 weeks and played 18 holes of golf last week. There are so many things to be thankful for, I just can't list them all here. But the top 2 is my sweet, loving and supportive husband, who spoiled me rotten.. And this site and all the dear friends I have made throughout this process...THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I now greet each day with a whole new and energized attitude, with the knowledge that "I can do it!".
I am beginning to think my husband is right.....I am an alien! I am going to contact my home planet and see if there is a way I can sprinkle healing particles over each and every one of my BS family! Best wishes to you all in your pre and post op travels!
I am loving life and now enjoying all the activities I have soooo missed the last 11 months!
:bicycle1:
I am delighted to read these post of your's for it gives me a marker down the road to see for me. The idea of two worlds and you being an delightful upbeat alien now makes such sense.
Even at two weeks post op I am seeing some of the frown lines ease that were a permanent part of me the last six months pre op.
I am so happy for you.
 
Ohhhh...thank you so much @hippywoman. I so hope your recovery goes as well as mine did. With that said, though, I'm sure you know by now that everyone has a different recovery process and time schedule. But, I'm sure you will be back doing the activities you love and miss, before you know it. Each day you will see improvement from the day before. There will be minor setbacks, but they only last a day or two, so don't get discouraged. What am I telling you this for...you've been through this before...so you already know what to expect! DUH!!!
By the way...how is sleeping on your back coming along? Did you see my post on your thread about how I set up my nest?
 
Ohhhh...thank you so much @hippywoman. I so hope your recovery goes as well as mine did. With that said, though, I'm sure you know by now that everyone has a different recovery process and time schedule. But, I'm sure you will be back doing the activities you love and miss, before you know it. Each day you will see improvement from the day before. There will be minor setbacks, but they only last a day or two, so don't get discouraged. What am I telling you this for...you've been through this before...so you already know what to expect! DUH!!!
By the way...how is sleeping on your back coming along? Did you see my post on your thread about how I set up my nest?
Yes I used some of your nesting ideas. Thanks. Last night I actually had about 7 hrs sleep between ,9pm and 8 am with several get up's and a late night watching of antique roadshow.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
 
Happy to hear I could offer some help with your sleeping, @hippywoman. Hopefully, you'll get settled in to a more stable sleep routine, soon. I am finally getting to the point where I am relinquishing some of my pillows. I've gone from 7 pillows and a wedge, down to 4. I still use the one under my op leg and one between both legs, just because it feels so comfortable to me. And, sometimes I adjust them, in the middle of the night, and sleep on my side. I'm getting less and less anxious about sleeping on my side, as my 3 month restriction time frame is nearing completion (the end of this month). Yahoo!
 
I am, sweetie (@DeepBreath)! I hope you are as well. Resting today, after golf yesterday, so I can knock all those pins down at bowling tonight. We practiced Monday and said really well. Bowled a 172! Haven't done that well since last year! Hope I do as good tonight.
Have a happy day, my friend!
 
Look at you, @Nana757! Golfing one day, bowling the next. I'm SO happy for you! Congrats on the 172! That is really great. Not gonna lie, my best game ever was somewhere around 120. It's still fun though. :yes:
 
Yeah @DeepBreath ..120 is what I usually do...at least this year..I used to have a 165 average...but I think those days are gone. But, I will settle for an occasional high game!
 
Hi @Nana757 just getting caught up with your fantastic recovery and I am so thrilled that you are doing so well.It must be wonderful to be so active and back on the golf course as well as bowling so soon.Congratulations to you.
 
Thank you so much for visiting me @Kim22. Yes, I feel so fortunate that I've had such a quick recovery. I am icing and stretching before heading out to the bowling alley. I have learned that bowling is easy to do, since I am right handed and don't bend much anyway. No twisting or turning with bowling, unless I get too excited when a roll a strike, which doesn't happen very often :boohoo:. I hope you are doing well.
 
hello @Nana757 ! just stopping by to check in and nose around. :) When do you have another check up? Or are you finished with those? I think my next one is at 3 months or 6 months??
I read where you had a teensy set back and wondering if you are waiting til next week to try golf again? That was good to hear because I compare your activities to the issues I might have when returning to work. So I am taking copious notes....

Happy Thursday! It's so pretty here. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @CricketHip! Thanks for stopping by. My next appt is 11/30, which will be 4 months. I am celebrating my 3 months today! OS said I could relax on my restrictions at 3 months, but I've gotten so used to them, I don't know what unrestricted would be like. But I have been able to reach down and tie my own shoes for a few days and haven't used the sock aid in weeks. I learned reaching in between my legs and bringing my knee up and out, works (if you can picture that)...but only used my right hand to get the sock started...using both seem to put a little more stress on my hip. Once I got the sock on far enough, then I was able to lean forward enough to use both hands to get it all the way on.
I think what I did, because of the terrain at the golf course was just aggravated the muscles and tissues. Wasn't what I would call a true setback, but it did make me realize that I need to walk a little slower and use the golf cart more when I'm on the course. Icing has really helped. So I might try again next week...looks like we may have some good weather for it.
Oh, BTW, I received a copy of my surgical report! WOW, what details and very interesting and sometimes gory reading. It covered everything from taking me in to the op room to wheeling me back to recovery, along with the make, model and size of my "parts".

Hope you are doing well, my friend. Have a wonderful day!
:hi:
 
Hi @Nana757 :) I wanted to pop in and 'see' you as well. Happy 3 Months!! I read your account of putting on your socks with interest. I know that at some point we all must start doing such things again...that's the point of having the surgery, after all...but to hear your first hand account was very interesting. You're kind of the trailblazer I look to as you navigate this process. I am just so thrilled that you've been able to return to the activities you love. I'm sorry to hear you had some muscle and tissue issues after the golf. It sounds very wise to be aware of how things affect us, as you did. It's all a learning process, for sure.
Wow! about your op report! You're a brave lady for reading that. It does sound fascinating. While reading it, were you thinking, "Holy cow! I went through that and now look at me!"?

I hope you're enjoying the lovely day. I have the windows thrown wide open and am listening to the leaves rustling. I'm hoping that when my husband gets home he'll take a little walk with me. :)
Take care, friend. :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom