Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still having loads of problems with my knee, but life goes on. The crying has stopped and I'm trying to be more positive. I went to the physio this week as planned. Found out by accident if she applied firm pressure to the lateral side of my knee where the hinge pin is I could bend my knee again, I got back to the 90 to 100 degree mark. If I tried to bend it by myself without the pressure I only got about 50 degrees. Go figure what is happening?

When laying down on the couch I could lift my left heel 50 mm from the surface with my leg flat, ie hyperextension. This was a conservative reading I have got a lot worse at home.

My leg hyperextends quite a lot and is very painful when it happens as I'm walking. I have worn an elastic support today and it feels better. I have an hinged brace on order. The consultant doesn't want me to use a brace but needs must , I have to have a life until they sort this mess out.

My GP is working on my behalf at the moment trying to get some answers. She is very proactive when she needs to be. She has rung me a coup!e of times recently outside surgery hours.

Still hoping to be able to walk again without crutches, but I've no idea when. It is now 7 1/2 months from the op. I still think I will need another op to fix this. At the moment I am doing my best not to aggravate the situation.
 
@Josephine....please take a look at Lizzy's description of how her knee is functioning. I don't know if you will be able to offer her some additional help based on that.

Lizzie....be sure and document all of this to take to whichever of the surgeons you elect to see for a second opinion. It's easy to forget things if they are not written down and it will help in the diagnosis.

Hang in there.....sending you good wishes for painfree days.
 
@Jamie, I am already documenting everything that is happening. If the physio just applied light pressure my ROM was between the two figures. I have tried it too and get the same results.
 
That to me is most interesting. I was hoping maybe Jo might have an idea why that's happening. I frankly don't know! But, like you....I'd sure like to find the answer. Good for you for already thinking of the documentation.
 
@Jamie I asked for a copy of the CTscan report. I haven't got it yet. I will be chasing it early next week.

The only thing hubby and I can think of is that it is pushing something back into its correct position. I have just come up to bed and my knee was really hurting and I was struggling with the stairs. In fact, I came up some of them on all fours. I've put some compression on from a bandage and the pain went down almost straight away. It is very specific where the pressure has to be and it is where the pin goes through the boss.
 
Good information, Lizzy.....you are truly a savvy patient!!! I look forward to you getting to see someone else who will look at your situation with new eyes.
 
Thanks both of you for your thoughts. Nothing much has changed. Still feel as though something keeps moving inside my knee. I am being careful trying not to aggravate it. How are you @Nana moon 27? Sending hugs back
 
I'm right with u. I had one doc 1. And mine does move. Check thread out in my post. But what they doing Monday? Xxxx
 
My new brace arrived late this morning. It is a maximum support Mueller hinged brace. I have had it on since it arrived. It does help a little. The physio wanted me to try straight leg lifts again now. Just had a go and it still it hurts and my knee still feels to be moving inside so I won't do any more.

I rang the GP this morning and left a message to see if there was any news. She has been trying to get in touch with the surgeon. I haven't heard back yet.

I am off to bed. I still feel shattered all the time and don't sleep very well. I guess some of that is depression.
 
What a last 24 hrs. Pain got worse in the night and I am sure I could feel movement. Didn't sleep very well. I was slow getting up and struggled having a shower. Then I noticed that my ankle and foot as well as my knee were hurting. I looked down and my foot and leg had rotated back out again. I rang GP and she wasn't in today. Advice from fellow GP was to go to A&E . I went and it was xrayed again and blood tests taken. Nothing positive found. They released me at the 4 hour point. They were in contact with the hospital that did the surgery requesting a bump up of my next appointment. They should ring me tomorrow. So I really don't know what is happening. My consultant isn't around for a while yet. Its wait and see again!
 
Just come upstairs to go to bed after sitting with leg elevated for the last 5 hours after coming back from A&E. My knee has gone back in place and the ankle/foot pain has stopped. I have been on the verge of tears all evening as the pain was so bad. Just knee and leg hurting now. Very puzzled? They must get to the bottom of this. The only way hubby and I can think what has happened is that the knee and long tibia stem are rotating round and are loose.
 
Bizzlizz hope you get to bottom of it

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom