@Jamie, the two surgeons mentioned above seem to be more 'hip' than 'knee' surgeons from the websites I have found. I'll look them up on the joint register.
I have had a rough night and day today. I spent most of the night in tears, I am really fed up with the pain and unresolved issues. It was topped off by hubby telling me that somebody we both knew passed away yesterday from a brain tumour. We knew it was coming, but hubby told me at bed time.
It was round about 5 this morning when I got to sleep. I must have kept disturbing hubby which is unusual as when he is asleep nothing much disturbs him, I had a few cuddles which helped. Today my knee has been more painful. Hubby was looking after granddaughter today which was bad timing. I keep thinking an amputation would be easier to deal with than what I've got now. At least my appointment has been bumped up by a fortnight. Appointments rang to tell me this afternoon.
Aww....I'm so sorry to hear you had such a rough time. Please know that the feelings you're experiencing about your knee have to be amplified by the news you received about the loss of a friend. It's still going to be worthwhile to talk with someone else and I'm sure Jo will be along here soon to help you find the right person to schedule an appointment with. In the meantime.....sending you a bunch of ((((HUGS)))).
I had a major meltdown today. Could not stop crying. Hubby took me off to the GPs this afternoon. I can not keep going like this with no light for the foreseeable future. I got some meds to help me sleep. She is going to get in touch with the hospital and let me know tomorrow. I am still crying writing this.
Oh my....I'm so sorry. You are just completely worn out and it's very understandable. I'm so thankful your hubby took things in hand to get you to your GP promptly. I know it's not always the most comfortable thing to do, but Team Lizzie and Hubby need to be the squeakiest wheels on the planet right now to get some light on your problems. Hang in there.....we're here for you!!! And we honestly care about you.
BusyLizzie,
Sad to hear about your friend, even if you know it is coming, it is still a shock.
I am beside myself reading about your pain and distress, and how you are not being taken care of in a timely manner. We can see from here that you need a thorough review and new scans to determine what shifted, and why you are having so much pain. I hope you GP can get you the attention you need.
(((((HUGS)))))
I'm so sorry about the loss of your dear friend. Whether it's expected or not it's still a nasty shock. I hope those meds work and you get that much needed sleep because you do have a lot of trouble with it. Oh You don't deserve any of this and I do hope that your GP can help get you sorted out. I'm glad your appointment got bumped back a bit closer this time. I hope you get something sorted there. I'm sure your husband will be there by your side supporting you.
Sue, we are all looking out for you and you know anytime you want to chat, there is always someone here for you.
You can contact me anytime you like, whether it's to vent, cry or have a chat for distraction. You've helped me immensely through some stuff of late and I will be grateful to you always. The least I can do is be here for you, that's what friendship is about x
Sorry about the loss of your friend,,,,that compounded with all your stress has a huge effect in your knees...take it from someone who's been there it's hard but it does get better~ susanne
I have been out of it for almost all the past 24hrs. I had a bad reaction to the medication. Thank you for your thoughts and hugs. I was going to get up at lunchtime but was dizzy when I got out of bed so I got back in. I have browsed the site a little this afternoon and evening but have only just been able to post. I still haven't fully recovered so I will stay well clear of the new tablet tonight. I am feeling a little better in myself.
Sorry about the error in surgeons, Lizzie. I mistook!
In Nottingham, the go-to chap is Peter James who has done 241 TKRs and 58 revisions which is prodigious by anyone's calculations.
At Stanmore, John Skinner does a fair few (100 TKRs and 30 revisions) but there is also Richard Carrington (127 TKRs and 35 revisions) or Timothy Briggs (104 TKRs and 36 revisions).
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.