Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nana moon 27, Thanks I tried that on my tablet but it didn't work. It used to work. I can't change the thread title on my tablet either.
 
Just gone into default post settings and rectified the problem I hope from my laptop.
 
@RestAssured, mine is a fixed hinge and shouldn't have any rotation. Thanks for the information. The only way I can get my head round the rotation is that the stem and/or tibial component is loose and is able to rotate. If the circlip has pinged out, the hinge pin would have to come out to quite an extent past the boss to allow the rotation. Surely I would be able to feel it.
 
@Legin thanks for asking. I had a rough time in the early hours then some sleep. I could feel movement of my tibia again but it settled down. I was tired last night. I went to a second birthday party yesterday. My granddaughter had another party for all her little friends in a hired hall. I just sat and elevated and watched. She had a good time. Parents had hired an entertainer.
 
My leg is unstable today, every time I get up I have to watch I don't stumble and that is with the brace on. The settee has become my home, I am fine sitting with my leg still and elevated but I'm sure it is not doing the rest of me any good. I keep thinking of going to visit my Mum and then I think of the car journey and decide against it.
 
Scratch off the days to.appointment

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin like a little child counting the number of sleeps to Christmas or holiday. I've done that before. Time doesn't pass any quicker though but it is a good suggestion. I guess I have had enough of it and am getting very impatient. Leg just seems to be getting worse by the day and I am on damage limitation. I am just frightened of falling. If I need a new knee, it will need to be custom made again and that takes weeks. All plans for a few days away have been cancelled for the foreseeable future!
 
@busylizzie ,

Before I had my revision, my original replacement became loose and the fibula would "pop out!" Dr. Maale put me in a brace, but as I lost weight it lost its effectiveness. The bone continued to pop out, having to be popped back in on a regular basis! It could be that the cement has come loose on yours; that was what happened in my case. Take it easy on your leg until your appointment. I am so sorry you are going through so much! I am always around if you need to talk!:console2:
 
Poping in to say hello. Wishing you a good pain free day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Tibia has just rotated out again. Done nothing to set this off! Hope it rotates back soon. I thought I was in more pain!
 
Just gone back. It must be very loose. I have had brace on all day
 
Glad it popped back into the less painful position. Hope when you finally see the OS you have some answers to your questions. I just hope they are thorough in their evaluation of your knee.
 
Thanks @Pumpkln it is a trade off between knee or ankle pain. When it is straight the knee doesn't bend.
 
@RestAssured, my tibia keeps rotating in and out of alignment. It has done it a few times tonight now. I guess it is very loose now. I have a hinged maximum support knee brace on. Any suggestions what I can try to stabilise it? I think I will need a full length immobiliser brace that also goes under my foot. The pain isn't as bad now. I just have to rotate my foot and it goes in and out of line. I normally take the brace off for sleeping but I'm thinking of keeping it on tonight.
 
I have decided to put on my full length immobiliser brace for the night along with my ankle support and get in touch with my consultant's secretary in the morning. Friday is a long way off.
 
Yes, please get in touch with them in the morning! Your tibia should not be moving with a new brace on! I hope they get this sorted out quickly!
 
Busylizzie,
Good luck in the morning.
Want to make sure I have this right. When your foot is straight your pain is less, but you cannot bend your knee. When your foot is to the side, you have more pain, but you can bend your knee.
Right now it is very easy for your foot to go from straight, to the side and back?
Wearing the brace helps, but you need a sturdier brace than before, to keep your leg in a comfortable position.
I hope you get the correct imaging to determine what is going on with your Revision.
IMO, they should image you knee in both positions, since you can move it at will..
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom