Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew, I was wondering if they would ever realize you need to be seen by Mr Kay. I am relieved for you, that you at least have an appointment.
:friends:
 
The earliest date he is at the hospital for his NHS clinic is the 11 February. At least I am being seen before then. If I had known about his appointment as NHS National Clinical Director I would have never gone with him in the first place.
 
Oh @busylizzie

I'm ever so pleased that you got an appointment. Thank goodness for that. I don't know why but I'm not getting alerts for you or dogwheels anymore. So I'm ever so sorry I didn't pick up on this. You know I would normally xxx

I hope you're ok?

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi @busylizzie I am so sorry to read that you are going through so much. Seems like it all happens at once and hoping that someone can give you some answers. such a worry and so unfair you are having all the pain and hoping they can take care of you and make things less uncomfortable for you. It must be so frustrating trying to get in touch with the surgeon and others that should be taking care of this for you. Having your gall bladder needing help on top of all of the rest so much just so much.

You just feel sometimes that it would be so much easier if talking to your specialist, surgeons doctors was not so hard seem to have to go through so much to get a hold of them always talking to someone else secretary know how you feel this happened to me not like the days years ago when they ran practices on their own own office not operating in clinics so different now. I hope you get some relief. I feel for you you are handling so much and hope that all of this will be taken care of. All the best for you I am wishing that you get answers and someone somehow makes sure you are looked after. Holly
 
Keep battleing Lizzbizz you.will get there. As you know will be away for a.while I hope to get on.tho so take the.greatest of care.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Went to my appointment this morning. Went into my ankle/foot consultant's room and got told my ankle is OK . I updated him what had happened over Christmas. He knew about it as he'd already read my notes. He discharged me but had discussed my case with my knee consultant today as Mr Kay was in theatre. Between them they agreed that Mr Kay would come out and see me.

We ran through the CTScan images together on screen and could see no real reason for the problems I'd being having. The alignment whilst not entirely perfect should not have caused my foot to be at such an angle and my knee bend not to be in the correct plane. I told him how much pain I am now in. Possibly internal trauma and a soft tissue injury, just not sure. The hardware checks out OK .

The way forward is to try very gentle physio and see how it goes and if I can tolerate it and hope things settle down. He is going to write to the physio. I am still going to see him at the end of this month for a review.

I have asked for a copy of the CTscan report and want to work out what the figures I saw on Monday mean. I didn't have time to discus them this morning as he had to get back to theatre.

I was a little taken aback with the events of today and still don't know what has happened. I am in quite a lot of pain at the moment.
 
Hi @busylizzie Sorry you are dealing with so much but happy they told you your ankle is alright. No one understands this pain unless they have had it. Know my surgeon does not. I think with all of these surgeries someone should have found a better way to manage pain surely they have had enough people complain about the intense pain but just do not always understand. Hope you are alright and hope you are not going to have more pain with pt do not overdo it just take it easy Holly
 
I wish you had gotten more definitive answers. I hope the gentle physio helps.
 
I have struggled today with my leg and pain. I must now prepare myself for tomorrow's appointment with the gallbladder surgeon. A long car journey on busy motorways first thing in the morning. Not looking forward to it. I have found this last week difficult mentally, physically and exhausting.
 
Back from the hospital. Gallbladder is staying for now, doing a wait and see. He thinks while an op may be beneficial there is a good chance it could make matters worse. It is going to be reviewed and another scan next year, unless it get worse.
 
Well, at least you won't have to deal with an operation for now. take care.
 
Thanks @kneeper, that's true. My insides are a mess, I am full of adhesions from a surgery almost 10 years ago. He has to weigh up the risks versus the benefits of surgery. Right now the balance is to leave it alone unless I really want to go ahead with it. I will have to put up with it. The gallstone is stuck to the gallbladder wall not loose. I'll discuss it with my gastro at my next appointment with him. It is one less thing to deal with at the moment but I still have the pain.
 
that's better than you expected lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I feel absolutely drained. What a week. Had to leave at 7:20 this morning to get to the appointment. I don't feel much further forward. I left the brace off today as knee consultant wants me to start mobilising leg. The pain on bending has been horrendous. I still have the feeling of something catching/moving. I have booked physio for next Thursday. Worst still my follow up appointment from yesterday has been moved to the end of February! I don't know how I am going to cope.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom