Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its 4:30 am and I'm wide awake. An eventful night a patient fell at bedside _she wasn't supposed to be out of bed. It's pandemonium here. I've just come over sick shivery and dizzy again, a regular occurrence. I'm using a tablet and it's not easy typing. Thanks for your kind wishes. Pain is well under control now not like last night. I had self salvaged blood last night as I was bleeding into drain quite a lot. Having a lot of trouble with canulas, my arms are getting black and blue. I have to stay in hospital 8 or 9 days on antibiotics until results come back from lab. I don't think he has fixed my leg length discrepancy.

I have a fixed hinge custom made titanium knee. It caused quite a stir and the fellows where all trying to get into theatre to watch it only just arrived in hospital in time. I was held in the anaesthetic room for quite a while waiting for the rep to arrive with it

Will write some more later.
 
Thanks for the update, sounds like you are doing as well as expected. Glad you pain is undercontrol, makes such a difference in everything. Your hinged knee sounds interesting, of course we will expecting an x ray in the distant future.
Rest as well as you can, sending healing thoughts your way,
 
@busylizzie
I'm glad you're on the other side and have your new knee. Glad your pain is under control, too.
Now I hope that those nasty sick and dizzy spells go away and you start to feel a bit better!
 
You are a star! So glad to hear from you. Feel better soon. Love and prayers. JoAnne
 
Just walked 5 bed.bay lengths and back Wow Tired now, no more walking today, just rest. Can't follow the mantra, can't get ice.:bawl::bawl:It's epidural that's making me sick and dizzy but doesn't have an y narcotics in it
 
Thinking of you and wishing you well.
Sue.
 
Way to go with your walk! It is these accomplishments that really mean so much.

What anti sickness have they got you on? If you haven't had any already ask for some ondansetron it is a fantastic anti-emetic but it isn't usually offered on NHS as it is quite expensive and usually reserved for chemo patients - but they usually give it if asked!

Hope you have a good night and an even better day tomorrow

Shortie x
 
@busylizzie oh my. It sounds so hard! Praying a lot for you. I want ice there for you. I wonder why no ice? You are in my thoughts so so much!
~~hopefaith
 
@busylizzie I saw you over onVetGirl's thread, so I have come to add my little well-wishes to your recovery :) This custom knee sounds like you would want it visible as bling!!:heehee:
 
Hoping every day is better and better!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
 
I'm on on ondancetron . We have had fun and games on the ward again today. All quiet at the moment. Managed to start opening my bowels, I was in agony.
 
Aren't drugs great? You misspelled your new nausea med by a bit, and I thought I would want to join you! Ondancetron and fun and games, huh? Hope the new med helps and that you are getting rest and feeling better. Bowel maintenance can make a really big difference too. Wishes for better and stronger, and maybe some dancing, fun, and games in the not too distant future. ;-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
 
The lady in the next bed to me had a get well card suggesting that when she recovers from her new knee op that she considers pole dancing. We had a good laugh and I said I wish and that I'd join her.

We have 24 on the ward and some of them have complex medical needs. We have had some that are loud and some patients trying to get out of bed when they shouldn't. A lot of snoring and you can ask ask for ear plugs to use at night. All adds up to an interesting stay. Fortunately there is quite a turn round of patients and I'm a rarity having to stay in 8 to9 days. That is what I meant by fun and and games, a colloquial expression. You have to just accept the current situation and get on with it. Oh I forgot to say that two televisions are on most of the day showing different programmes. The 3rd television near my bed has been turned off at the patient's around me request. It was very annoying. The hospital is quite old and new buildings are going to be built soon with updated facilities. Whilst the facilities aren't great at the moment the surgeons are some of the best in the country and have a good support network.

Sorry about the spelling mistakes but I' m using a tablet and aren't used to typing on it.
 
As you can see I'm wide awake at just gone 1:30 am. A lot of snoring going on that has woken me up. Best time to sleep is in a few hours time, it tends to go quiet then.
 
My diet being wheat intolerant is very restricted. I have to have cornflakes for breakfast. My lunch and tea have been the same today, jacket potato cheese and side salad. I think that they will be off the menu when I get home!.. The food is cooked at a neighbouring hospital and shipped in. The "normal diet " isn't too bad but any variants - no
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom