Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all. I had a call about an hour ago from the hospital unconnected to yesterday's call. The sister was asking about my general health, skin condition etc. She knew nothing about the bite. I told her the tale and everything is OK because I don't have a break in the skin and the infection has gone. I still have to ring the hospital this evening.
THE SURGERY IS ON FOR MONDAY!
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
 
Great news, @busylizzie! Somehow I lost track of your thread for a couple of days. :(
 
I have just contacted the hospital as per my instructions. I have slipped to 2nd on the op list for some reason despite the sister, anaesthetist, pre op nurse saying I'd be first. I guess there must be another diabetic on the list. Things could change on Monday maybe. It has thrown me.

As the grandkids would say, only 3 more sleeps to go. I am ready for this. I had my hair done this afternoon, cut and coloured. I thought I'd better get it out of the way before the op and recovery. I've just one days antibiotics left now. Dressing gown is washed and ready.
 
On a lighter note, whilst I've been feeling rough on the antibiotics I've been doing some craft work. I bought 2 childrens craft kits in the sale recently with a view to taking them into hospital to do.They looked very easy. I opened them the other day and looked at the instructions and thought I'd not manage to do them there as adhesive was required. Well I've finished them. One each for the grandaughter and grandson. Here is a picture of them.

[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
[Bonesmart.org] Would like advice please, I think knee has moved
 
Hi @busylizzie I just popped over to say Good Luck for Monday. I'll be thinking of you and although I may be in Wales, I'll still check in and see how you're doing x x x x

I absolutely love your craftwork, your grandchildren will live them. They always love the things we make x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Good luck. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
 
In 24 hrs all should be over and I'll be on the other side again. I think my leg must know as it played up all last night. Not much sleep! Just hoping this op fixes the problems I've been having.

Thank you all for your support its been fantastic. I don't know when I'll be able to post. It all depends which side of the ward I end up on. One side gets reception, the other doesn't. Just the luck of the draw.
 
I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight. Will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow. I do so hope that this surgery will solve your knee problems once and for all.

We're now in Lucca on the last stage of our Italian adventure. We fly home from Pisa on Wednesday, so it may be that I'm next in touch from back in the UK.

Go well. Linda x
 
Hi @busylizzie - just wanted to send good wishes for tomorrow and healing wishes there after.
Take care and will be thinking of you.

PS - Loved the grandchildren's bags - really super X
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom