Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still a bit fuddled with pain meds and I am sure I am missing some important parts out. I will sort it when I get home
 
(((busylizzie)))
 
Physios come twice a day and are very gentle NOT at all like the ones I had in the past. The head one is very impressed that I can get in and out of bed with no trouble, I think I am his star pupil. He thought my recovery would be lots slower. I am going very slow with the stretches and stopping when I have discomfort not pain
 
Hi @busylizzie your recovery is sounding quite positive, the way you're getting in and out of bed etc, crutch use I'm so pleased to hear that. As for your night extended practitioner he was an angel in disguise. He was so kind to you. I was immensely relieved when I read that.

I honestly think that you will be better off at home where you will be able to have full control of your pain medication. I had an horrendous time with a cannula and a doc who wouldn't listen to me, when I had my TKR. In fact the bruising and mess he made of my arm was so bad by the morning, (it was not necessary, I was supposed to have a tablet I was going home the following morning!) I ended up having the medication in tablet form after the excruciating torture this so called doctor put me through. In fact the nurses were horrified at the state of my arm, it looked like I'd been run over!. They got my notes and wrote down what had happened and marked it on a body shape printed on some paper.

I hope your pain meds are kept topped up now. I will cross everything for you to come out of hospital on Tuesday xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@busylizzie How wonderful about your flexion --excited for you. Your angel of the night is a gem :) Hopefully you are on oral meds soon and can go home and ice:ice:
 
Emoticon....gone!!!
 
@busylizzie So good to hear from you! I am so happy about your flexion and for happy YOU sound about your flexion. I do hope you are able to get home Tuesday. We will all be pulling for that!!!:yes:
~hopefaith
 
Awake, leg killing, just got cold wrung out towel to put on it
 
Sorry your leg is killing you in the middle of the night, not too much longer and the weekday staff will be in, hoping they can provide you with excellent pain control.
Sending positive thoughts your way that the cold wet towel relieves some of your pain.
 
Everything crossed that you're able to go home tomorrow. It makes such a difference being in your own environment and your own bed with your own things around you - and in control of your own pain relief. Your flexion is doing well and it sounds as if you're being really sensible in taking things gently at this stage. You are a star. Linda x
 
Still having other problems but flexion 55 degrees now
 
Sending you pain relieving wishes.
 
I have got IV access back hence have got some pain relief at the moment. Bad news I have to stay on IV antibiotics for longer, perhaps until Thursday/Friday and then on oral for six weeks, so it will be the end of the week before I go home at least. Consultant pleased with progress so far. I have asked for a copy of the xray of the knee. It has larger bosses at the hinged ends to provide extra strength as titanium is weaker than cobalt chrome.
 
Sounds like a fascinating implant --maybe you are making medical history.
Sad that you have to stay longer but it sounds wise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom