TKR Woohoo! Now I've got two!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back, Judy. I'll check your/Paul's thread to see how things are going. Thanks for the cute kitty. Feeling lousy again today, so I needed the giggle.
 
Hi Judy,

The report sounded pretty good and great news that the hip pain wasn't a hip replacement warming up! I hope your recovery continues to go in the same direction.

I know what you mean about getting your head right. It can be daunting to work through the ups and downs that come with recovery, plus deal with the work issue on top of it. With time, it will all resolve.

Do take care and keep us posted!

Dawn
 
Interesting thing tonight. I'm using the cane a lot less, but still feel the need for it on stairs or when I'm tired and sore. I stopped at a convenience store on my way home from a concert tonight. As it was a bit late, I didn't want to look weak -- you know, all the things women alone are told to be careful of. So I left my cane in the car, strode limplessly to the curb, stepped unhesitatungly up. Made purchase, repeated heading towards car. It took a lot of concentration, but nice to know I can do it. (okay, it kind of hurt going down.)
 
Yay Judy! :yay: Isn't it awesome when you do something and realize that you can do it! Yay you! :thumb: Congrates my friend! :friends:
 
Covered in bruises after being very klutzy in physio yesterday. :rolleyes: Nonetheless, I did 100 pounds on the leg press! I find the hardest part is getting on and off, because it is just not made for short people.

I know I still have a ways to go, but really feeling a lot better, knee-wise. Got a brochure from the company that does my dream holidays. Realize I won't be ready this year - not strong enough, very little stamina yet - but thinking of pre-booking for next year. Or is that tempting fate?

I'm still battling the blues, but so it goes.
 
Hi Judy,

Good to hear the knee is doing well. The stamina thing is another kettle of fish, very slow to improve. I feel like I may never get back to where I want to be sometimes, but I know it simply takes time to build up our spent reserves. Don't worry, it will get better!

So do a little dreaming with us; what is your dream holiday?? Would love to hear the details. I am hoping for a dream holiday myself next year since I am turning 50 and celebrating 30 years of marriage! Hubby told me over the weekend he would like to go on one of those river cruises in Europe, which sounds great! I had been thinking grand canyon or key west. So maybe you can inspire me!

Be well my friend, we care!

Dawn
 
Hugs Judy! I do the same thing sometimes when I am worried about people around me, and will try to walk as normal as possible, as not to look like the victim.

I am sorry the blues are hitting you. I have my moments too. Mine usually hits when I am not feeling so hot psyically. This is such a long recovery, its no wonder we get blue. As for my stamina, thats a long way off too. Hugs!
 
You know how I keep saying my first knee is worse now than my second knee? Well I had a different therapist at physio today, and she immediately noticed or felt that in the knee. She gave it a really good working over and gave me some good advice. Said the muscles are too tight. Not sure I fully understand, but it sounds very fixable. Plus, she asked, without my saying anything, if my hip hurt in that side! An extra exercise for that! I like the people I usually work with, but it's amazing what a fresh set of eyes can see. Downside: an hour or so later, lots of pain from her work. But the kind of pain that means something good was done (and that needed a painkiller pronto!)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo!  Now I've got two!!
Here's a cute but useless Christmas kitty to soothe your good hurts away. Getting better and better one day at a time.
 
A bit of a milestone this morning. Actually stood during the hymns at church. With ease. The one leg, not knee, still doesn't feel quite right, though. Was able to stand around and chat for a bit too, but then the stupid hip/back got too sore. If only that issue hadn't started, I'd feel so much better. Friday's PT was very disappointing, with my usual person barely doing anything. I was annoyed, but said nothing, as I've been going there for quite a while and hope this was just a blip. If it's bad again tomorrow, I'll try to find a gentle way to say something.
 
Can you get the other therapist? You seemed to feel that that person was more connected to your body and saw things that others had not. Yikes, not a time to not say anything as you inch your way on the road to recovery. Most of us do not like confrontation but it is YOUR body and you need the best. Just my opinion of course.
 
Unfortunately, the 'good' one usually works evenings and was in on a shift swap that day. I don't want to start going in the evenings: time enough for that when I'm back at work. Yuk. Maybe I'll just try to broach it conversationally. I dunno.
 
Maybe you could carefully mention some of the things the "good" therapist told you.
I'm glad you're feeling some improvement.
 
A bit of a milestone this morning. Actually stood during the hymns at church. With ease. The one leg, not knee, still doesn't feel quite right, though. Was able to stand around and chat for a bit too, but then the stupid hip/back got too sore. If only that issue hadn't started, I'd feel so much better. Friday's PT was very disappointing, with my usual person barely doing anything. I was annoyed, but said nothing, as I've been going there for quite a while and hope this was just a blip. If it's bad again tomorrow, I'll try to find a gentle way to say something.
Jebsw, I know what you mean about the back/hip. My knee is to a point where the walking/standing is pretty good, but it it other areas like my back and hip/hip flexors that are giving me fits. I baked cookies over a week ago and my back is still protesting if I do too much. So frustrating. But it is great that you were able to stand and sing!
 
It's the TKR polka, one step forward, two steps back, two steps forward, one step back.....

Hang in there best you can. Hopefully you can get the pt sorted out and keep making gains! You certainly deserve them!

Be well my friend,

Dawn
 
Thanks all. It went okay. I just said I "was wondering" about what she did and why. Said it hurt but really helped. The usual PT checked the file, we spoke a bit, and she got to it, though she ignored the other knee today. Oh well.
Good news today is that my knees, back, hip were ALL great today while I walked and shopped. I must be in a two steps forward phase, Dawn! How are you doing?
 
I am doing okay at the moment. I updated my thread last night but in a nutshell, the TKR knee is holding steady with my extension nearly where it should be, which is a godsend! My issue now is plantar fasciatis, which is in my right heel. It OS painful like walking on a stone in your heel. It requires a lot of stretching and getting better arch support, which is code for it will take time to resolve. I have to dip into the patience jar and hope there is still a supply left! The non TKR leg is giving me a bit of trouble as well, but minor. It hyper extends and I have been having some pain behind the knee as a result. Again, will be cautious and hope it resolves.

On a positive note, my youngest son got engaged Sunday! He and gf are very happy and I am tickled for them, they make a great match! No immediate plans for a wedding, he just wanted to take this next step.

Keep up the good work, you are doing really well and should be proud of your success!!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom