TKR Woohoo! Now I've got two!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness! Didn't realize how long since I've visited. Having a sleepless night as in those post-op months.

On the whole, I'm doing very well. I guess that's why I've been absent from here. Knees are starting to get sore more than I'd like, but the merest fraction of how things were in the past. Walking is good, though I have a tendency to revert to a limp. Also feel my new gait somehow has me leaning back a bit. Weird. Hip still sore, moving to my back. Sigh.

Work. Well, the good news is the department head is going to a different school in the fall! Of course we've had more words since her Easter apology, so this is good. I applied fir the headship, more to make a statement than because it's something I really want. Didn't get it: was actually surprised they even interviewed me considering the work that's been done to my reputation. The debriefing after the interview made that clear. It was brutal: it seems I am a moron. Amazing I can tie my own shoelaces. But they did say I'm a "great classroom teacher." I'll take that. The other good news is that the meaner of the vice-principals has been transferred for September too. Fingers crossed the new folks are more reasonable!

I think of my BoneSmart friends often, hoping you are all well.
 
It is great to hear from you and how well you are doing! :happydance:

We have missed you, but know that usually means you are out there "living life" again' :yes!:
 
Great classroom teacher is nothing to sneeze at. Hope things will be better for you with a change in personnel.
 
Hey Judy, long time no talk to! Just wanted to let you know that after 8.5 mos, my knee still gets sore too. Nothing like before, but definetly still sore. We did a super cleaning in the house yesterday, and I was up and down the stairs alot. Both knees are quite sore today. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. Hugs!

And good to hear those who make your life miserable are moving on. Phew! Hugs!
 
Ditto all the above!!

Glad you are well, and that at least some of the jerks are moving on! Here's to everlasting hope!

Cheers,

Dawn
 
Thanks Judy,

I am so glad that they recognize you for the outstanding teacher that you are, and I too, am glad the "jerks" are moving on! :happydance:
 
Hi everyone. Just popping by to say hello.

My one knee is doing so well, I don't even have to give it any thought. The other, my first TKR, is not quite as perfect, still hurts and I wish it didn't. But I'm doing okay. Still get lots of comments about how well I'm walking now, and how well I look. I think not using a cane anymore takes years off one's appearance!

Tomorrow is the last day of classes, then on to exams. I've had a sweet group of students and as always, find this a bittersweet time of year. But changes next year should make things more tolerable in other areas.

Two weeks til wrist surgery. :sigh:

Hope you are all doing well, too! :flwrysmile:
 
Not going to talk knees. Had my wrist scope on July 2. Before the op, dr sounded a bit pessimistic. Said if he could fix the one ligament, at least, there'd be an incision on the side of the wrist. I don't feel anything there under the bulky dressing, so I guess that was a no-go. Two weeks til I find out what he found out and what, if anything, can be done. Feeling the all-too-familiar post-op blues.
Crummy way to start my summer holidays...
 
Hang in there my friend, we're here for you! Are you in any pain, do you have restrictions? Why didn't the doctor explain what happened after the surgery? It would drive me a little batty if I had to wait that long to find out the outcome.

Do take care and we're here for you!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Thanks, Dawn. I'm mostly okay, pain-wise. As you say, frustrated by the wait...another few days yet. I've got four lovely little stitches in the back of my hand, which sure is a lot less than the knees had! (Or the 51 staples with my last wrist surgery). It's rather stiff, but I am able to drive a bit. Bored bored bored. I'd even like to do a bit of garden tidying but one-handed wielding of pruning shears might be a tad dangerous. Plus it's so blasted hot.

Approaching one year anniversary of my second TKR. It seems just perfect. Knee 1 still grumbles, but Knee 2 just whistles a happy tune.
 
Let us know how the doctor visit goes. I hope it's the outcome you wanted!

With the heat wave, better to stay indoors, even with two good hands!

How long before school starts again?
 
Jebsw, you literally made me laugh out loud with the Roommate saga series. :loll: I came across a post from you and found your thread when I was looking up info on returning to work. I'm 7 weeks out from my right knee and I'm scheduled to do the left one in September. I "thought" I'd be returning to work in November, but now judging by the right knee I'm not so sure. :umm: In addition to my assigned duties at work, I'm an extra mile person and I play hurt (that ought to be even easier now, huh!) However, at this stage in my healing I'm moving like the turtles in the Internet Dial-up commercials. :thud: So I'm tearfully concerned.

I also work in the school system. I'm a Kindergarten Para (teaching assistant) and at my school we do EVERYTHING! Especially the jobs no one else wants to do. When the movie "The Help" came out people asked me if I had seen it yet (lol) I was like, um, Yeah! :umm: I am the "Help." So, I'm a bit nervous and antsy about my next surgery and returning to work. I've only read the first page of your thread, but I'm interested in reading of your recovery struggles/victories, now that you are on the other side! :yes!:

Again thank you for a good laugh. I was feeling low and you lifted my spirits. Laughter IS good for the soul, just like medicine. :angel: Humor is something I couldn't live without, especially during times like these. :cry:


I can't wait to read your story, it undoubtedly will encourage me during my recovery.

Bionic Woman 2... We can rebuild her, but it's gonna cost! :bicycle2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom