TKR Woohoo! Now I've got two!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could just send them to me! I could set them straight for you. After all, people think since ALL I am doing is working on my Master's, and going to PT three times a week, I should be free to do anything. So I will set up my "friends and family and others who have no idea hotline," and they can call me! :rotfl:
 
Roy, that is funny! :rotfl: (But my code words did not have Daddy in them. I can assure of that!). LOL. They would be more like words you might say when your husband needs to hear a literal statement!). Of course, that doesn't apply to you Roy, but maybe I could tell your wife for future reference! :rotfl:
Hmm, not sure I want my wife to know any more words to berate me with, she knows a dictionary already.

Actually, that's not true I'm being very nasty about her, she never calls me anything rude (wait for it...) I'm in such abject fear I never do anything wrong.
 
Sonja now don't go and get Roy in trouble!!! LOL I would like to know whatever happened to that shy girl I first met? Hahahaha.......
 
Great day so far! I think it's because I had a great sleep (used a melatonin strip under the tongue). I went for a walk, first time in a week I have even felt up to it. It hurt my hip a bit, but that was fleeting. Then I went for a drive, taking pictures of what's left of the fall colours along the Niagara Escarpment. (It's a World Biosphere Reserve. I'm lucky enough to live at the base of it.). Great views and didn't hurt when I drove at all. Got some good pictures. I think the quiet and the sense of being in nature made me feel like a bit of balance has been restored, however temporarily. I can't wait til I'm able to walk the trails, or even a bit of them.
I vacuumed a bit when I got home, long overdue.
And I still feel quite energetic.
Finally.
:)
 
Sounds like you had a good night which helped you have a good day. Hope you didn't overdo it too much. I guess that is all we can do is keep trying and if it hurts slow down and if it doesn't just challenge yourself more the next day.
 
Judy I am so glad you had a good day after a good nights sleep! There is nothing better than enjoying Mother Nature's true beauty to lift the spirit! :egypdance: Good for you, doing something special for yourself! :friends:
 
Sonja now don't go and get Roy in trouble!!! LOL I would like to know whatever happened to that shy girl I first met? Hahahaha.......
She is still inside me. Sometimes she comes out but not very often! My friends around here will tell you that she is non-existent, but I think they are just jealous! :wink:

Speaking of friends,

Judy how are you doing? How is cute but useless kitty doing?
 
On Sepembter 16, my brother and his kids were down, and I remember thinking that afternoon was the first time since surgery I'd felt well. Today, October 25, is the first time since then that I've felt equally well.

Cute but useless cat is protecting me by attacking vicious balls of crumpled paper.

Hope everyone has an equally good day very soon!
 
Wow Judy, that's quite a gap in feeling well, hopefully that gap will start to close up soon!

Stay positive my friend!:friends:
 
Judy, you are funny! A protection cat! Does he respond to commands? If he does, then maybe you could hit the talk show circuit and retire early! :happydance:
 
Judy, you are funny! A protection cat! Does he respond to commands? If he does, then maybe you could hit the talk show circuit and retire early! :happydance:
. As a matter of fact, sometimes he does. He plays catch and fetch very well. Sometimes we have conversations; I think that makes both of us nuts. (There was one time, though, where he responded to something I asked in a very eerie and accurate way.)
But I really am NOT a crazy cat lady. It's (mostly) tongue in cheek.
 
Hi Judy,

Glad to hear you got a taste of things to come. I hope the days of feeling good start to string together real soon!

I'm not a crazy cat lady either, but I do love my Bub, and my sons kitties! They are such good company and they seem to know what we need. Bub likes to chase after crinkled up paper too! He really does think he's a dog, and follows me around everywhere and sleeps by the side of my bed on the floor. He's the best cat i Have ever had.

Have a wonderful weekend, seems like its going to mild before this storm comes up the coast!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Wow Judy, that's quite a gap in feeling well
Yeah, I guess it is, and I guess that's in part why I've found this knee's recovery harder than the first, though maybe that's a chicken - egg type thing.

Had a pretty good day yesterday, too. :) Out for dinner and a concert...unfortunately too much sitting and was very sore by the end.

Had been hoping for help getting patio furniture in before the first snow; not in a great hurry. But with that big storm on its way, I think I'll have to try to do it on my own. I haven't even tried the steps to my backyard yet, and it's a dark, rainy day to boot. But I fear if I don't do it, things will go flying.
 
I did it! I tackled those steep steps. I just went slowly and held tightly to the railings. It was my first time in the backyard since August! I feel like I am finally starting to really get better. Even though I was spent after doing this, I was able to do it. :) Moving the furniture was much easier than I thought it would be. Of course, I was worried about it blowing away because it's so light, so, like, duh. Getting the tarps on was a bit harder, as by then my hip and back were incredibly painful, and there was nowhere for me to sit so it could ease up. Tomorrow, I'll bring the stuff from my front porch inside temporarily.

The reports about the possible implications of Sandy are unnerving. I hope all of us who are in its path do whatever we must to stay safe.
 
Judy, job well done! :friends: I read on another thread that you were experiencing tummy problems, and I hope they are easing up some.
Enough already, with all these things that get in the way of our knee recovery for goodness sakes!

Stay safe during this coming storm my friend! :friends:
 
Congrats Judy, sounds like you hit a milestone, good for you! It's so nice to step out there and have that positive result.

We have been busy getting ready for the storm, grocery shopping, filling the cars up, bought an extra propane tank for the gas grill, etc. I also have been cooking up a storm, chili, lasagna, chocolate chip cookies, plus the fridge and pantry are stuffed to the brim. We are expecting a lot of wind, and have a lot of tall pines around our house. We are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Stay safe! I hope this storm misses us all.

Be well,

Dawn
 
Dawn, do you have a generator if the electricity goes out? I hope there isn't too much damage, good luck.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom