TKR Woohoo! Now I've got two!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I bet everyone will breathe a sigh of relief when I start expending brain power back on school Monday! :rotfl:
 
:rofsign: :rotfl: OMG!! Can you spin a tale!!! I can just see the whole thing!! It wasn't a funny thing to happen, but I can't stop laughing with the way you wrote it!!!
 
Well Titan Lady,

It really took a lot out of me to write that because my extreme shyness causes me to hold back! :wink:
 
Needed that today... (hope you are not hurt though? ) ... [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo!  Now I've got two!!

Not having fun myself either at the moment.. Lots of backache, too much work, too much stress, too long to retirement, SO just had a hypo...
 
Nah, I' m pretty tough! The weird thing is tonight as I was sitting in a restaurant, my knee started acting up! I had to take the knee brace off, and tonight my hubby came over to my side of the bed when I said I was hurting and moved the kneecap around. It helped a little, but something has made it angry! By the way, my hubby came on his own this time! No need for "Code" words! :rotfl:
 
Sonja, YOU crack me up girl! Judy, please DO NOT take lessons from this girl, however we do need her on our team, because ya never know which way she's going to go!:whistle:
 
Judy,

Sorry for my joking about the way to fall on cement! How are YOU doing? I am so glad that your doctor is so supportive and is giving you time to heal properly! :happydance:
 
Thank you Sonja for breaking your "shy barrier" just this once to share with us. You made me LOL. This is a classic.

Definitely saving it.
 
Awww Merry, I am blushing! :blush:

Be very afraid though, if school doesn't tax my brain too much, " I may be prone to more spontaneous ramblings!" That is when I step out of my shy mode! :heehee:
 
Rough evening last night. Got a call from a friend who'd hurt her wrist falling out of a stationary car (don't ask) a couple of weeks ago. She was in severe pain and scared. So I drove an hour to her place, in heavy fog, at rush hour, to take her to a clinic. Then she told me she was having chest pain as well! We decided to go to a hospital.

That took about six hours, but they did a whole barrage of tests and x-rays. Sadly, while we were waiting, there was a code blue. There was also a code white: a naked woman running screaming down the halls, a strong stench of marijuana following her. I also had an 'exchange' with the triage nurse about her decision-making, and one of the doctors, whom I did not want to treat my friend, nor anyone else. Oh, friend's big league idiot of a boyfriend showed up, yelled at her, dropped the f-bomb a lot, then left without even asking how she was. Very classy fellow. It was a fun time.

Nothing's broken Nerve, muscle damage, etc. Quite bad, but not serious. Anyway, it was too late to take her home, so she stayed at my place for the night.

But it was all too much for my knees. Tried to walk around as we waited, but still drove two+ hours yesterday, more today, and all that waiting. Totally exhausted, limp with fatigue. This morning first thing I did was reach for pain meds. Both legs so sore. Too tired to sleep. Everything hurts. Sucks trying to be a good friend. But it was an adventure.
 
Your friend really needed you though! I am so glad you were there when that "boyfriend" of hers showed up! She needed you! I am sorry to hear about the pain you are having though! Take it easy and rest.
 
Jebsw, sounds like you had an interesting evening. I am sure you were glad to help your friend, just like I am happy to be helping my sister in her time of need with her husband waiting for a heart transplant and they are away from their home so I am having her stay with me, and now her kids and spouses. Yes it is more work for us, be we can do it. But we also have to be careful our our knees. I didn't see any naked ladies running down the hall, but I did see my BIL's bum, that was enough, turned real fast and headed out the door.
 
J,

Sounds like quite an adventure, aren't you glad that you don't have to go through that everyday! You are a good friend for hanging in there. She really needed you, especially with the dud boyfriend showing up. The ER can be quite the place during the late night!!

Rest up and treat your pain, it might take a day or two. Snuggle in a blanket with cute but useless kitty and find a good movie to watch!

Be well,

Dawn
 
Judy, you've had quite a go of it and I'm sure your friend appreciated you being there for her! It's hard to find a true friend, and that you are, bless you! Just remember, she needs to save herself from this abusive guy/relationship and you can't do it for her. I tried that with a younger sister and I was getting more stressed then she was getting. It drove me crazy and I had to let go, very painful to watch!

Pamper yourself, you deserve it!

Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
Aww. :blush:

I've been trying to convince this friend to dump the loser since I've known her. (she's actually my cleaning lady, but we've become good friends. Problem with her injury: she was supposed to clean my house this week, but obviously can't, and I've got friends coming next weekend! :yikes: )

Lots of sad memories for me at that ER, so in a way boyfriend's antics were a good distraction. Friend claims this is the end of their relationship, but she's said that before. She seems attracted to abusive men, which is sad.

My niece came over today, and together we took friend home, then spent some time together. But I started forgetting what I was saying mid-sentence, mixing up words, sure signs I was well past my best before time for sleep, so she skedaddled.

Lots of painkillers today, but feeling much better than I did this morning. Cute but useless kitty took his nap on top of me while I took my nap this afternoon. Such a cutie, and he cracks me up!
 
Awe Judy, it is just so hard to understand why some people are attracted to bad.:scratch: I suppose we all know what we'll tolerate and what we won't.
It looks like since you have company coming next weekend you're going to have to put a broom and vacuum in that, cute but useless kitty's paws and make him useful!:heehee: Poor baby, I mean after all you did allow him to nap on top off you yesterday!:kittykiss:
 
Cute but useless cat is part of the problem, not the solution. There's cat hair everywhere!
Knees and their person are starting to feel a bit more normal at last, after Friday's adventures.
 
Aw, sorry to hear you had to go through all that with your friend, Jebsw. And how sad your friend must be. You truly are a good friend, Jebsw. Good to hear you are feeling a bit better today.

Life is such a roller coaster and so unpredictable.
 
Why do I never learn? Overdid it again today. Was okay for a few hours after I got home, but, boy oh boy, so not okay now! I'll ice, but sometimes that itself hurts.

Spoke to my friend. She's asked me not to ask about the boyfriend, which means they're still together. Sigh.
 
Judy, sorry to hear you are feeling more discomfort! Take it easy for a while!

As far as your friend is concerned, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink! I think it's time to walk away, because if she continues to call you at a whim or late at night, you will suffer worse than she will. You have a heart, she lost hers! Just saying! I just remember my sister and it's heart breaking! :console2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom