TKR Woohoo! Now I've got two!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No generator at our house, we have been talking about getting one for some time but never have taken that step. We have a lot of supplies set aside in case we are without power for a few days. We have a power inverter that plugs into our car that can be used to charge phones, run the coffee pot, my most necessary vice!

It sounds like we won't get the storm effects until Monday night into Tuesday, with mostly wind. It's so hard to tell how bad it will be. Last year when hurricane Irene hit, we were fine but the athletic fields at the high school were under 10 feet of water, plus so much flooding everywhere around us. There is still so much repair that needs to be done even after a year has passed.

We should be fine. I am a little worried about my oldest son, who is in Philadelphia visiting,and can't leave until 11pm tonight. He has to travel through Connecticut and then back to Boston where he lives, right in the track of the storm. I spoke with him earlier and he assures me he will stay safe. Hopefully he will get back t his place before the storm really sets in.
 
Dawn, hopefully your son will out run the storm. I'm in CT. And it should pass through us in the am Monday or there about. Please let us know when he makes it home.
 
Thanks Jacky, I hope he heads out tonight and drives straight through,that would get him back before the worst of it. He has a car full of kids with him so a least he's not alone.
 
The storm is pretty scary. I've got some things in, but don't have big things like an outdoor grill. I've got water, lots of canned goods and such. Haven't remembered to get extra batteries. For years I've been meaning to get one of those emergency radios, but haven't. Nor have I replaced my cell phone which has been out of commission for almost a year.
I know that I am at the northern end of the main brunt of the storm, but I do feel for and worry about those of you who are facing more risk. I'll be thinking of you all, praying for the best.
 
The reports this morning for our area are for high winds starting later today and into tomorrow. I am heading into work which is only about 20 minutes away and we will likely close the office early as things get more intense. We bought an emergency radio last year as hurricane Irene was approaching. I was only 2 weeks out from TKR when it stuck. Hubby had me practice going down the stairs into the basement, he was trying to be cautious.

I hope that those of us farther north won't have major effects but who knows. Stay in touch.

Be well,

Dawn
 
So far, so good. It's raining here and wind is picking up. My son made it safely back to Boston early this morning, so now I can relax.

Prayers are great!

Dawn
 
Dawn, hopefully your son will out run the storm. I'm in CT. And it should pass through us in the am Monday or there about. Please let us know when he makes it home.
Jacky,

How are you doing? Did the storm cause problems for you?
 
I finally got the results of my ultrasound and other tests today. All was normal. I didn't even think that the doctor was checking for signs of cancer, but she was. I was just thinking ulcer. Anyway, all is good. But there's still the pain. So she reviewed my symptoms, what's changed, etc., and now she thinks it's referred pain from the thoracic spinal area. I thought it odd at first, but it kind of makes sense. With the surgeries, certainly the way I walk and hold myself has altered, and that would stress it. Plus the back and hip pain that have been starting. I did a bit of a check on the Internet and found a couple of peer reviewed articles that would seem to support the idea too. She suggested adding this to what I get worked on at physio, but I'm wondering if a chiropractor might be more appropriate. Any thoughts?
Orthodoc Josephine, I would value your insights please.
 
Judy, just caught up on you. So happy to hear that your tests were all normal, however still being in pain and not really know why is quite disturbing. I've never been to a chiropractor myself as I tend to shy away from them for fear of them doing more damage than good. I guess I've hear too many horror stories!
You certainly need to fine relief from the pain however, pain is so debilitating. I hope you fine an answer soon my friend!:console2:
 
Thanks. I've never been to a chiropractor either, and just am not sure. But I feel like I might as well just set up a tent at physio if I add this! Not sure how thrilled the folks there would be.
 
I like the tent idea!:loll: Better get a good port-a-potty! I wonder if PT's sell stock in their business, we could make a killing!:scratch:
 
I did a bit of a check on the Internet and found a couple of peer reviewed articles that would seem to support the idea too. She suggested adding this to what I get worked on at physio, but I'm wondering if a chiropractor might be more appropriate. Any thoughts? Orthodoc Josephine, I would value your insights please.
Jebsw, I have over a thousand or so members on here whose threads I read on an almost daily basis and impolite as it may seem, cannot now remember what situation you are referring to. I went back two pages but posts are all about the storm. I really don't have time to read the thread through to refresh my memory (I hope you can understand why this is) so if you could quote the relevant posts for me it would be much appreciated both by me and by Orthodoc.
 
Josephine Orthodoc
Of course. I'm sorry I wasn't clearer. I've been having intermittent abdominal pain since shortly after surgery. Exact location varies. (there was also diarrhoea, which has resolved in its own, so the doctor feels that was a bit of a red herring.) the doctor had stool tests and an abdominal ultrasound done, The rest is here in the post in which I tagged you.
I finally got the results of my ultrasound and other tests today. All was normal. I didn't even think that the doctor was checking for signs of cancer, but she was. I was just thinking ulcer. Anyway, all is good. But there's still the pain. So she reviewed my symptoms, what's changed, etc., and now she thinks it's referred pain from the thoracic spinal area. I thought it odd at first, but it kind of makes sense. With the surgeries, certainly the way I walk and hold myself has altered, and that would stress it. Plus the back and hip pain that have been starting. I did a bit of a check on the Internet and found a couple of peer reviewed articles that would seem to support the idea too. She suggested adding this to what I get worked on at physio, but I'm wondering if a chiropractor might be more appropriate. Any thoughts?
Orthodoc Josephine, I would value your insights please.

Thank you very much.
 
Jeb, you misunderstand. I meant the original post where you describe your problems. That one just reports the result of the tests.
 
Josephine
Took me a while to find it too. Turns out it was in a different thread. But here it is, though there's really no new info here:
So, does one have to be on antibiotics to contract c.diff.? I was doing a bit of research to try to figure out what's wrong with me, and the best fit was mild c.diff. Thank goodness for the mild part! Abdominal pain (which is getting worse), diarrhea. Samples have been given and I have an ultrasound scheduled for this week. I'm not sure my doctor is looking for c.diff., could be so many things. But while I've been on antibiotics off and on, it's not a regular med as it is for you.

Thanks again
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom